Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2016, 05:41 AM

16 posts, read 33,172 times

Advertisements

Hi. I need to have my car inspected as it does not have current inspection stickers. I am looking for a small, reputable and affordable mechanic to fix issues that may need to be taken care of before it passes inspection. My brother told me to stay away from national chain shops like monroe, meineke, firestone and NTB, etc. as they usually try to rip you off. Does anyone personally know of any of the type of shops I'm looking for? I need to find someone in Penn Hills or Monroeville. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciate. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 05:51 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,919,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racky536 View Post
Hi. I need to have my car inspected as it does not have current inspection stickers. I am looking for a small, reputable and affordable mechanic to fix issues that may need to be taken care of before it passes inspection. My brother told me to stay away from national chain shops like monroe, meineke, firestone and NTB, etc. as they usually try to rip you off. Does anyone personally know of any of the type of shops I'm looking for? I need to find someone in Penn Hills or Monroeville. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciate. Thanks!
Try Steeles auto on Leechburg road. I've been there a few times and they have always been reasonable to me. Once my car was broken down and they couldn't find out what was wrong so they didn't even charge me!

Old 06-02-2016, 06:00 AM

140 posts, read 166,226 times
Rick Hall on Brown Avenue (Wilkins Township) has been my go-to mechanic since I moved to the Eastern suburbs.. He seems to be very honest and reasonable.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:37 AM

16 posts, read 33,172 times
Ok thank you both for your recommendations. I will check them out. More recommendations would be appreciated. thanks.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:21 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
McDade's Auto Center in Verona would be my choice. He is near the Giant Eagle on Jones Street. Sort of behind the Giant Eagle.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:46 AM

325 posts, read 323,139 times
Nicks auto by Linton middle school off of saltsburg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh