Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 01:01 PM

994 posts, read 901,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickms View Post
He made comments against the ACA (again, everything must be pure) and suggested running against Obama in 2012 (or supporting someone who did) so yes, her comments were fair.

You didn't read my comments.
Plenty of people were in favor of universal coverage, which doesn't mean they were against the ACA. To them, the ACA doesn't do enough. I voted for Jill Stein in 2012, doesn't mean I'm against Obama. Suggesting that Sanders wa against either, was a scare tactic that works on some people.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:10 PM

527 posts, read 320,122 times
Quote:
Plenty of people were in favor of universal coverage, which doesn't mean they were against the ACA.
Yes, but I was responding to plenty of people, I was responding to the comments above.

Quote:
I voted for Jill Stein in 2012, doesn't mean I'm against Obama
That's fine, but again, I was responding to the comments above.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:17 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
Yeah. You know... this thread was not started to discuss your theories about whether or not you think the primary was rigged. It wasn't started to solicit your predictions for what will happen on a national level. It wasn't even started to discuss the merits of flag-burning... although that is at least tangentially-related, as it occurred outside of a PGH rally for Clinton.

Kindly keep the comments to how Clinton's message may or may not resonate in PGH... OR try to present something... or anything... that makes your post relevant to the Pittsburgh subforum. There is a politics city data board for general political debates.

Thanks.
Well, to stay on topic, Hillary wants to get the banks involved in paying for our infrastructure. Under her proposal, she would create "infrastructure banks", private banks would lend up to half the money for the infrastructure spending.

More spend now, and leave the next generation further in debt.

I don't think that will play well with many in this area.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:13 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
How would these "banks" be funded?

Old 08-02-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
How would these "banks" be funded?
I never take any of these types of proposals seriously, but from what I've read, the banks would lend the money for the infrastructure programs. The proposal calls for up to a quarter of a trillion dollars to be loaned from the banks.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:38 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I never take any of these types of proposals seriously, but from what I've read, the banks would lend the money for the infrastructure programs. The proposal calls for up to a quarter of a trillion dollars to be loaned from the banks.
Yeah, Pittsburgh just needs lots of debt and interest payments.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:05 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
I'm coming around to supporting Hillary after Debbie Wasserman Schultz rightfully stepped down once e-mails from within the DNC leaked that showed officials scheming long ago to try to derail Bernie's campaign. If Debbie kept her job, I'd be campaigning pretty hard for Jill Stein right now, and HRC's die-hard fans would have only the DNC to blame for alienating we Bernie Bros to the point of handing Trump the presidency.

As of yesterday I have health insurance again (thank God), but living without health insurance for years because the ACA just didn't work for the low-earning self-employed in this country proves to me that HRC is useless if she's not going to push for universal health care. I'm also not confident she's going to do diddley-squat about the worsening socioeconomic inequality in this country, fueled by Wall Street avarice. The rich are getting richer. The middle-class is getting squeezed out of existence.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:34 PM

144 posts, read 140,966 times
"HRC is useless if she's not going to push for universal health care"

Obama would have if he could have. I believe it's Hillary's intention to. Baby steps I guess.

the way I look at it, even if there was a Republican controlled Congress and they blocked every single thing Hillary proposed over 4 or 8 years, it would be preferable to racist/crazy/bigot Trump. Plus Hillary should be able to pick a handful of Supreme Court justices which should slowly bring about more equality.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:01 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,901,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
The middle-class is getting squeezed out of existence.
But its the very taxes such as the increase in the real estate transfer tax that you support that is helping to do the squeezing

Old 08-02-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I'm coming around to supporting Hillary after Debbie Wasserman Schultz rightfully stepped down once e-mails from within the DNC leaked that showed officials scheming long ago to try to derail Bernie's campaign. If Debbie kept her job, I'd be campaigning pretty hard for Jill Stein right now, and HRC's die-hard fans would have only the DNC to blame for alienating we Bernie Bros to the point of handing Trump the presidency.

As of yesterday I have health insurance again (thank God), but living without health insurance for years because the ACA just didn't work for the low-earning self-employed in this country proves to me that HRC is useless if she's not going to push for universal health care. I'm also not confident she's going to do diddley-squat about the worsening socioeconomic inequality in this country, fueled by Wall Street avarice. The rich are getting richer. The middle-class is getting squeezed out of existence.
Within 24 hours of Debbie Wasserman Schultz stepping down at the DNC, Hillary gave her a position on her campaign. That's right, Wasserman Schultz is now working for Hillary, if you can believe that. I don't understand how Hillary could give Wasserman Schultz a position on her campaign, logic would dictate that Hillary would distance herself from the person that was attempting to influence the outcome of the primaries.

Also, Hillary has been pretty clear that she intends to expand ACA for women, children, and illegals. So men that work for a living aren't going to get help from Hillary. In fact, our taxes will go up to pay for those that will get increased help under Hillary's plan.

If you want to vote for Hillary, that is your business, but know what you are voting for.

Also know she stated she will increase muslim immigration form the middle east by 550%. She wants to bring in millions of people that fundamentally oppose your lifestyle. Every estimate I've seen states about 15%-20% of islamic muslins are radicalized.

Hillary wants to play Russian roulette with the LGBT community's lives.

If you vote for her, good luck, I hope you don't end up being one of the radical islam terrorist's victims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciulli View Post
"HRC is useless if she's not going to push for universal health care"

Obama would have if he could have. I believe it's Hillary's intention to. Baby steps I guess.

the way I look at it, even if there was a Republican controlled Congress and they blocked every single thing Hillary proposed over 4 or 8 years, it would be preferable to racist/crazy/bigot Trump. Plus Hillary should be able to pick a handful of Supreme Court justices which should slowly bring about more equality.
Just remember that the Democrats controlled congress when ACA passed. They could have made any healthcare law they wanted, and the Republicans couldn't have done anything to stop them.

Single payer didn't happen because the Democrats didn't want it. Instead they had the insurance industry write the ACA.

Last edited by stburr91; 08-02-2016 at 07:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh