Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2016, 08:20 PM

14,354 posts, read 17,059,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealie View Post
I think it would be great if you could refrain from snide derision on the occasions when the mayor and the Chief of Police are doing what you think they should be doing. I don't understand how a person can manage to be that negative about what is for all intents and purposes an improvement.
Sometimes I wonder if Tyovan is actually Luke Ravenstahl. IIRC he's the one who originated the "Pedutohead" nickname.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:56 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,904,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
Sometimes I wonder if Tyovan is actually Luke Ravenstahl. IIRC he's the one who originated the "Pedutohead" nickname.
I am not - if I had his nepotistic connections, I'd have a far more senior position than what I have!!

Old 09-21-2016, 05:11 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,063,408 times
Quote:
I think it would be great if you could refrain from snide derision on the occasions when the mayor and the Chief of Police are doing what you think they should be doing. I don't understand how a person can manage to be that negative about what is for all intents and purposes an improvement.
It's like when the Port Authority or some other government body does something proactive, then instead of saying "it's needed - well done!" they will remark "oh, NOW they do it...!" or some useless garbage like that.

Seems like people want total government caretaking (some might call it fascism), yet still want government off its backs ("my taxes! my taxes! my taxes!!!!!!!").

Old 09-21-2016, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
It's like when the Port Authority or some other government body does something proactive, then instead of saying "it's needed - well done!" they will remark "oh, NOW they do it...!" or some useless garbage like that.

Seems like people want total government caretaking (some might call it fascism), yet still want government off its backs ("my taxes! my taxes! my taxes!!!!!!!").
No, some people just want things managed with efficiency and common-sense in mind.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:26 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,587,692 times
I see a lot of the same thing from Progressives, I don't mean to single out tyovan for his politics. On the left it's more "Bernie was saying this, now Hillary's saying this, so she stole it, HOW DARE SHE" which is silly on a number of levels.

There, now I've pissed off everybody and I can get on with my day.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Isn't that the goal of everyone on this sub-forum?

I kid, I kid.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:33 AM

994 posts, read 902,190 times
Quote:
I see a lot of the same thing from Progressives, I don't mean to single out tyovan for his politics. On the left it's more "Bernie was saying this, now Hillary's saying this, so she stole it, HOW DARE SHE" which is silly on a number of levels.

Those on the left have a point about Hillary "stealing" the election. Even Trump makes fun of it, because the DNC is supposed to be an impartial organization and they clearly favored Hillary. When Trump wins they should take the blame, but they will blame Bernie voters instead.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:42 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,063,408 times
Quote:
I see a lot of the same thing from Progressives, I don't mean to single out tyovan for his politics....
Right. I was not targeting or singling out tyovan, either. (no sarcasm)

Old 09-21-2016, 11:00 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,977,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDewGuy View Post
Those on the left have a point about Hillary "stealing" the election. Even Trump makes fun of it, because the DNC is supposed to be an impartial organization and they clearly favored Hillary. When Trump wins they should take the blame, but they will blame Bernie voters instead.
It's probably safer to say that the DNC promised her the nomination, and deliver on that promise. Bernie Sanders never should have stood a chance, but all of the truly electable Democrats set the selection out, because the night had been promised to Hillary. I'm no fan of Hillary Clinton or the DNC, but I won't let that stop me from voting against a fascist.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:13 AM

29,755 posts, read 34,444,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
It's probably safer to say that the DNC promised her the nomination, and deliver on that promise. Bernie Sanders never should have stood a chance, but all of the truly electable Democrats set the selection out, because the night had been promised to Hillary. I'm no fan of Hillary Clinton or the DNC, but I won't let that stop me from voting against a fascist.
And I don't think it's that surprising for the DNC to support the candidate who has a proven track record within their party, rather than a long shot candidate who switched party affiliations rather recently.

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread bickering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh