Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 08:52 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Really? The last time I was in the Wine Loft there were obvious businessmen in suits and one propositioned the bartender. I've witnessed it at other places also.

I'd bet you were more offended than the women being propositioned. I'd also bet that some took them up on the proposal. It is the oldest profession after all.
In a nightclub? Sorry but I call BS. Women to not go to must bars to be propositioned for money. I'l bet if you had a daughter you would not be posting this obvious BS.

Is that what you do when you go to a bar or club?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 08:52 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,056,374 times
I will NOT defend football players' real world (outside of football) character, nor attack them.

But what I think we are seeing here is enjoyment from non-fans at berating the game itself. They feel left out, bitter that in large part this is what Americans celebrate (or, are enslaved to !).

So why not tear it down? Many do it to their opposing political party, right?

I have a Canadian relative that does this to ANYTHING good or iconic about the US. "Saturday Night Live" - SCTV is better (whatever the hell that is). New York? Toronto is superior. The Rockies? They're more beautiful in Canada. Even bread - it's better up there...or something like that.

So I think that is what has given life to this thread.

There are thugs like Porter, but many (most) that are normal people with everyday imperfections.

It's just that with one of the most celebrated sports organizations on the continent, your actions are magnified, and taint the entire organization.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
I will NOT defend football players' real world (outside of football) character, nor attack them.

But what I think we are seeing here is enjoyment from non-fans at berating the game itself. They feel left out, bitter that in large part this is what Americans celebrate (or, are enslaved to !).

So why not tear it down? Many do it to their opposing political party, right?

I have a Canadian relative that does this to ANYTHING good or iconic about the US. "Saturday Night Live" - SCTV is better (whatever the hell that is). New York? Toronto is superior. The Rockies? They're more beautiful in Canada. Even bread - it's better up there...or something like that.

So I think that is what has given life to this thread.

There are thugs like Porter, but many (most) that are normal people with everyday imperfections.

It's just that with one of the most celebrated sports organizations on the continent, your actions are magnified, and taint the entire organization.
The group I witnessed was a group of about thirty. How many players are on the team? That represents a significant portion of the team.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
The group I witnessed was a group of about thirty...
But you said "low class pigs", I think. What is that all about? What happened?

Old 01-09-2017, 09:03 AM

1,860 posts, read 2,579,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
That's a wildly aggressive generalization. Do you personally know most of the Steelers then?
I personally know one Steeler and he is a stand up guy. He also doesn't drink.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:04 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,920,082 times
Quote:
Don't waste your time. He's full of crap.

Every single post on this forum is him complaining (trolling) about something.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
Don't waste your time. He's full of crap.

Every single post on this forum is him complaining (trolling) about something.

hmm... well, again, they are winning. that is what counts. I do not judge them to be outstanding, holy, upright citizens on their chosen profession. All they need to do is stay ahead of Dallas and San Francisco!

Let's face it, though - people DO do that, though.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
I define low class pigs as guys who would go to a bar and proposition women for money. This was a large group not just one or two.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:08 AM

3,110 posts, read 2,918,581 times
What the heck is this thread about?

The arrest of Joey Porter, or how Enough Already was out at a bar/club once and saw 30 Steelers (unconfirmed that they were all Steelers) and saw all 30 of them offer women money for something sexual in nature?

If it is about Joey Porter, I guess he had beef with the bouncer at The Flats before. Also, he was wearing tennis shoes, and did not meet the dress code. He was denied entry and got angry. Porter is a hot head and that is a well known fact. Not sure how this rabbitholed into this discussion.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:10 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
In a nightclub? Sorry but I call BS. Women to not go to must bars to be propositioned for money. I'l bet if you had a daughter you would not be posting this obvious BS.

Is that what you do when you go to a bar or club?
Yep, in a nightclub. You're entitled to your opinion.

I didn't say "most women".

Having or not having a daughter has nothing to do with it. It sounds like it bothers you, and that's your right, however, it's quite naive to think it doesn't happen. It's also quite naive to think that if it was excessive as you make it out to be that they wouldn't be asked to leave or would be arrested for propositioning women.

Nope, and I already said I don't pay much attention to what others are doing. I also don't get easily offended by something that happens in a bar or club. I also am aware that whether you like it or not, women are highly attracted to celebrities and I'd bet they don't get near as offended as you do by them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh