Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 05:20 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,134 posts, read 26,124,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
Honestly. Pittsburgh is growing on some levels and CMU and UPitt are the two pillars holding the region together.

But increasing Pittsburgh's immigrant population is key to the region's growth. The region has been loosing population for too long. And it is not good.

Pittsburgh was literally built on immigrants.
Sorry, but times have changed a lot. Sure well over 150 years ago it was built on immigration, but we are talking about VERY hard workers. A lot of immigrants these days are just looking for a handout. Obviously not from the Asian community and some others, but you just don't open the doors to the lazy leaches. Trust me, it happened in France and a lot of the Nordic countries and Germany is experiencing some serious backlash and we might see some real action over there. A good immigration policy is what Obama wanted and so does Trump. Obama can be heard in his speech saying the same thing as Trump. No difference really. None.

https://time.com/3598756/obama-immigration-action/

Old 03-01-2020, 05:42 PM

8,634 posts, read 13,060,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
This is one thing Peduto got right. Philly, not so lucky. I hope the cities that aren't cooperating get hammered.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cou...ary-city-grant
Philly isn't that lucky I guess. Pittsburgh may start to grow in population soon but now the city doesn't even attract enough immigrants to even be worrying about being a sanctuary city. So what are you getting so happy about?

Old 03-01-2020, 05:48 PM

41,015 posts, read 18,360,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Philly isn't that lucky I guess. Pittsburgh may start to grow in population soon but now the city doesn't even attract enough immigrants to even be worrying about being a sanctuary city. So what are you getting so happy about?
The fact that the ruling was just handed down is a great thing to be happy about, especially since it won’t be happening while the mayor was supporting the idea.

Old 03-01-2020, 09:29 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,134 posts, read 26,124,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Might want to read the thread. I am happy because Pittsburgh won't be excluded from the potential of Federal funding. I have a feeling you don't know what that means. It is explained that Trump won a victory stating he can hold funds due to a city being a sanctuary city. If Pittsburgh isn't on the dumb list, we can still get federal funding. We got millions in 2016 that is being used today. We don't want to isolate ourselves from the federal government, unless of course you are a moron. Well Peduto is sort of that, but I digress.

Old 03-02-2020, 01:35 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,759,848 times
The thread gone way too off-topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: