Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2020, 03:18 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,305,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
Yep, I never claimed to have all of the answers. I don't know that anyone does. I just hope that we all can try to do our best, as you're doing when you wear a mask. As for the law, I'm hoping that changes can be made there too.
Have you said anything or offered a mask to those you don’t see wearing one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2020, 03:20 PM

882 posts, read 337,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Have you said anything or offered a mask to those you don’t see wearing one?

I have not.

Old 07-21-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I have not.
Certainly sounds like a great way to get your question/s answered.

Old 07-21-2020, 04:35 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,697,424 times
Quote:
Guess the masks didn’t work, which comes as no surprise to me.
Ina clean room environment the surgical masks are good for 8 hours. In the normal environment it is plugged up and provides no protection after an hour.

The N95 mask should be tossed and is ineffective at particle protection after 8 hours.

Bandanas and cloth provide little to no protection.

Unless you are changing masks literally every hour and not wearing a cloth mask you are getting very little to no particulate protection. The whole mask thing is a joke.

It’s like the withdrawal method during sex. I am not trying to be funny either. It doesn’t work and people have a false sense of security with masks as well. I’d wager most of the population is walking around with useless face protection. It is just a thing of comfort and feeling that you think you are more protected. Since the far left cares about comfort and feeling that’s why masks are mandated.

Social distancing, avoiding large groups and washing hands are the best way to prevent spread of virus and disease. It doesn’t matter if it is Covid 19 or the common cold. People are dirty and leave the bathroom with butt fingers. You can only control what you can. Lose weight, sleep more ,eat better and take vitamins to boost immunity.

Getting ill is one of the inherent risks of being alive and living on earth

Old 07-21-2020, 06:37 PM

806 posts, read 262,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Ina clean room environment the surgical masks are good for 8 hours. In the normal environment it is plugged up and provides no protection after an hour.

The N95 mask should be tossed and is ineffective at particle protection after 8 hours.

Unless you are changing masks literally every hour and not wearing a cloth mask you are getting very little to no particulate protection. The whole mask thing is a joke.
They're useless and provide no protection against viruses, but are also simultaneously so restrictive that they can make you suffocate from a lack of oxygen. Somehow, one mind can hold these mutually-contradicting ideas.

Old 07-21-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghSportsGuy420 View Post
They're useless and provide no protection against viruses, but are also simultaneously so restrictive that they can make you suffocate from a lack of oxygen. Somehow, one mind can hold these mutually-contradicting ideas.
Who said they can make you suffocate from a lack of oxygen?

Old 07-21-2020, 07:10 PM

755 posts, read 475,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post

It’s like the withdrawal method during sex. I am not trying to be funny either. It doesn’t work and people have a false sense of security with masks as well. I’d wager most of the population is walking around with useless face protection. It is just a thing of comfort and feeling that you think you are more protected. Since the far left cares about comfort and feeling that’s why masks are mandated.

Social distancing, avoiding large groups and washing hands are the best way to prevent spread of virus and disease. It doesn’t matter if it is Covid 19 or the common cold. People are dirty and leave the bathroom with butt fingers. You can only control what you can. Lose weight, sleep more ,eat better and take vitamins to boost immunity.

Getting ill is one of the inherent risks of being alive and living on earth
New Mexico and Arizona are a good case study in what face coverings and limits on social gatherings can do to slow the spread:

Analysis | As Arizona struggles, neighboring New Mexico found a more cautious path to sustained growth
By Andrew Van Dam and Tony Romm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...tained-growth/

Checkout the graph showing the divergence in infections from May 15 forward, the date on which AZ opened wide, and NM put on the brakes.

To say that a face covering doesn't have any use is totally disingenuous. Even if it is not functioning at its optimal limits. Remember, this is all (still) about preserving the healthcare system and keeping it a safe distance from the breaking point. Do yourself a favor and watch the Frontline documentary on the peak of infections in Italy. Doctors actually had to make choices about whether they should admit an 85 year old or a 35 year old with severe disease because they reached their limit. Guess who they chose? Over time, those age spans would get smaller and smaller as resources dwindled. If we don't slow the first wave NOW, before the next flu season, It isn't hard to imagine these kind of choices being made in hospitals in the US between 25 year olds and a 65 year olds. Not to mention the horrible toll taken on people by all the delayed treatments, surgeries, chemo, etc.

Old 07-21-2020, 08:07 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,065,503 times
What city are people living in? In Pittsburgh all I see are masks. EVERYWHERE. Of course there are 1 in 100 that don't or so, but why focus on the tiny amount of people and act like they are many. They are about the amount of BLM, so not many at all.

Old 07-22-2020, 08:03 AM

882 posts, read 337,742 times
Quote:
Certainly sounds like a great way to get your question/s answered.

Based on the reaction I witnessed at the store and the multitude of videos online about people melting down when being asked about masks, I think I'll pass on that.

Old 07-22-2020, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Based on the reaction I witnessed at the store and the multitude of videos online about people melting down when being asked about masks, I think I'll pass on that.
Being scared to ask and try and educate, along with trying to get people to feel the way you do, isn’t going to get your point accomplished, nor are your questions going to get answered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh