Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2020, 02:31 PM

806 posts, read 260,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
I always thought they masturbated to Casablanca - since, you know, they're the brave 'Resistance' and all.

Go visit some historical places in Europe before you start talking about the 'gestapo'. Go visit Gestapo headquarters in Warsaw... idiot.
A classic technique of fascist leaders, including those in charge of that gestapo and today’s gestapo, include scapegoating undesirables for the supposed debasement of society and advocating for a return to a more traditional past by “dealing with” those undesirables.

Only two nominal democracies in modern times besides the US have deployed federal troops to suppress their own population. Britain during the Time of Troubles and Mexico in 1968 when they slaughtered hundreds of “Marxist” student protestors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2020, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
You're an idiot.
Operation Banner was launched because Northern Ireland was sliding into civil war. Bombs were going off in the streets.
As for Tlatelolco (a place I've actually been to) - if you think Mexico under the PRI in 1968 was a democracy, there is no hope for you intellectually.

You also are ignorant of history.
Pierre Trudeau. Canada. War Measures Act. 1970.

Idiot.
You know what the phrase "nominal Democracy" means, right?

Mexico certainly presented themselves as a democracy under the PRI.

Same as the US does now.

You presented a third one I didn't know about. So there's three. Most people don't know anything about the fifty-first state so I'm not going to sweat that one.

Mexico executed hundreds of students in the name of preventing "marxism." Very odd that the far right is now labeling these protestors as "marxist." Makes you think.

Old 07-25-2020, 05:12 PM

US vets are descending on Portland to defend protestors.

https://lawandcrime.com/george-floyd...ps-dhs-troops/

Glad to see the patriots step up.

Old 07-25-2020, 05:16 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,194,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghSportsGuy420 View Post

That’s great. Protect the innocent while the Feds clean up the criminals.

Old 07-25-2020, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
That’s great. Protect the innocent while the Feds clean up the criminals.
The feds haven't arrested themselves or the Portland PD yet, but there's always time.

I actually feel a perverse sense of satisfaction about the feds gassing Ted Wheeler since he's a part of the police brutality problem, but as an adult I recognize that the federal government shouldn't be waging war against the states.

Old 07-25-2020, 05:20 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,940,992 times
Quote:

Veterans can be losers too. As this obviously shows.

Old 07-25-2020, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Veterans can be losers too. As this obviously shows.
"We really love our troops, until they decide they have a conscience."

Old 07-25-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
The feds haven't arrested themselves or the Portland PD yet, but there's always time.

I actually feel a perverse sense of satisfaction about the feds gassing Ted Wheeler since he's a part of the police brutality problem, but as an adult I recognize that the federal government shouldn't be waging war against the states.
Lol

Old 07-25-2020, 05:34 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,940,992 times
Quote:
"We really love our troops, until they decide they have a conscience."
You’re obviously not a veteran so I understand your ignorance. I’ve served with everybody from racist to wife beaters. All of them are veterans now. Get it? Using them as cover doesn’t exonerate your worthless cause.

Old 07-25-2020, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
You’re obviously not a veteran so I understand your ignorance. I’ve served with everybody from racist to wife beaters. All of them are veterans now. Get it? Using them as cover doesn’t exonerate your worthless cause.
Bingo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh