Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2020, 10:16 AM

6 posts, read 5,862 times

Advertisements

Happy holidays folks!

I am writing this post to gather information regarding local apartment complexes. Currently, I am co-habitating with my fiancé in a one bedroom in Pitcairn (minutes from Monroeville), after various management company switches, our various run ins with noisy neighbors, selfish people, and negligence in proper maintenance, it is time to go after the questionable management company that is maintaining the building.

Does anyone know of, or live in apartments communities in the area, that has buildings / units that are properly insulated where you don't hear any impact sounds or noise from neighbors? The current management company totally removed padding and carpeting, and used hardwood flooring without any insulation in both sound/noise and HVAC.

Most importantly, wheelchair accessibility and providing enough space for my fiancé, among other medical equipment she uses. Also, a pet friendly community that accepts cats.

In closing, it is time that two college educated graduates move into a better area that contains a higher quality of life and morale. Any pointers and information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance, stay safe and Happy New Year!

- Matthew
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2020, 09:04 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,187,626 times
I would suggest finding an older mid rise apartment building with concrete floors and masonry walls or a townhouse with concrete block walls between units.

Old 12-30-2020, 09:52 AM

6 posts, read 5,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
I would suggest finding an older mid rise apartment building with concrete floors and masonry walls or a townhouse with concrete block walls between units.
Thank you for the tip. We are only looking at apartment units just in case that getting a house to rent (or rent to own) isn't possible. I am guessing that a 70s or 80s building would be ideal. Perhaps an old school building converted into apartment building would be ideal as well.

Old 08-31-2021, 06:44 PM

14 posts, read 7,065 times
I hope you found something. We are seniors with a cat, neurological problems and various disabilities. We have discussed moving to Pittsburgh, among some other possibilities, in a year or two. Noise is a HUGE issue. Thank you for posting about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: