Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2021, 10:55 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,075,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Brian Lamb of AHN in Morningside is great!
When UPMC was dropping everyone with Blue Shield, etc., he was recommended to me as well. I don't think my doctor is accepting new patients.

Old 11-19-2021, 11:02 AM

1,171 posts, read 541,790 times
Quote:
Do you recall the epidemic prior to COVID? That would be the opioid epidemic. Are you aware of how that epidemic began? Due to the nefariousness of the pharmaceutical industry. But now we're supposed to forget that lesson and not ask any questions.
OMG that is so spot on - what more evidence do people need these companies do what all companies do - put profits over people even if it means killing people to make a profit

Justice Department Announces Largest Health Care Fraud Settlement in Its History

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justi...nt-its-history

"WASHINGTON – American pharmaceutical giant Pfizer Inc. and its subsidiary Pharmacia & Upjohn Company Inc. (hereinafter together "Pfizer") have agreed to pay $2.3 billion, the largest health care fraud settlement in the history of the Department of Justice, to resolve criminal and civil liability arising from the illegal promotion of certain pharmaceutical products, the Justice Department announced today."

PFIZER WAS FINED $2.3 BILLION "to resolve criminal and civil liability arising from the illegal promotion of certain pharmaceutical products" - and people trust this company with their life and genetic code?

Old 11-20-2021, 08:01 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,911,784 times
Quote:
The cult of covid will never give us back normal life until the people forcefully take back normal life from the hands of the elitists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
That poster along with a few others are unchained. They are blaming elites, which I don’t understand who the elites are in this case. However, They finally acknowledged it is a global pandemic.

So it doesn’t matter if it’s people you agree with politically or not in this country or elsewhere. They are mad things are shutting down. Regardless if people in charge align with them politically Covid is going to remain a global issue. They can elect trump again or the turd brain from Florida next time around. It isn’t going to change the fact this is still here and going to infect and cancel people out. You can open things up ignore it exists and wish it away. You can have a person like DeSantis blab rhetoric to soothe these folks but it isn’t going anywhere.

The mental midgets are shell shocked and can’t get over this is real and things are gonna be different than they have know it before. You either get angry, resist and worked up over it or you do your best to wade through it and live life. Nothing you can do.
Quote:
The pandemic still exists in Florida like it does everywhere else.
I think that’s where people like you and TY struggle so much. You need somebody in there that says what you want to hear because you believe in an alternate reality. Wear the tinfoil hats and said no problem just act as normal. Words and statements drive you. Not reality or fact. Mentally weak as I would call it. Regardless it won’t change the fact this is an ongoing issue for the world and things are going to be permanently different. I suggest adjusting your lifestyle because you are just going to end up in a depression.
Quote:
I'll do my best to reply to this in more detail tomorrow.
But does the ever changing narrative not bother you?

Do the infringements on freedom not concern you? Do you find what happened in Australia or what is currently happening in Austria or the Republic of Ireland acceptable?

Do you recall the epidemic prior to COVID? That would be the opioid epidemic. Are you aware of how that epidemic began? Due to the nefariousness of the pharmaceutical industry. But now we're supposed to forget that lesson and not ask any questions.

We're not shell-shocked, or denying the reality of the disease. Its real. Ive been quarantined. I've also conducted case investigations of COVID patients.
I simply haven't surrendered my critical thinking abilities.

I find it incredibly ironic, and downright frightening, that the same people who five years ago wore crocheted p--sy hats while marching in DC and who likely touched themselves intimately while watching Casablanca and telling themselves that theyre part of 'The Resistance' against perceived overreach of the executive branch (because the Bad Orange Man who wrote mean things on Twitter was in the White House) have now completely changed course and basically insisted that we have no right to question government or to be concerned for the future of freedom.

Instead of surrendering to the future of the tyranny of Covidism, I do intend to speak out. And continue to do so. I believe that the tide is slowly turning. I pray that it is so.

I intend to rage, rage against the dying of the light as we watch freedom's torch being extinguished.
Quote:
You or I have no say or no businesses in how other nations decide to operate. Those leaders are acting as they see fit to protect their country, healthcare systems and the residents there. That’s just the way it is. Nobody on this board has lived through a pandemic before. It is unpleasant and it is the new norm. And you cannot infect somebody else with opioids. You are comparing two completely different things.

It sounds like you want the world to operate as if this doesn’t exist. But it doesn’t change the fact that it is still here, infecting people, hospitalizing people, killing people and taking its economic toll because people become ill and cannot work. And many if they do recover have long lasting lingering issues. It’s gonna be a slow burn infect people slow down and start again.
Sure everybody in the world wants to shut down and lose money on purpose. Sure…..
Quote:
Yes the media is everywhere in the world trying to scare people. You are delusional.

Don’t you think if everybody could live life as you put it they would be? It’s funny you just think people, business, countries and governments want to lose money because they are just scared
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Tough to deal with folks who promote dictatorship. When folks don’t agree with them they want the government to take control to get their way. Many are also the same folks that promote free stuff and think the government should give them what other folks have.
Quote:
Nobody is promoting dictatorship.
Nobody is under a dictatorship. The consequences of people living their life with COVID 19 are astronomical health care costs, overwhelmed hospitals, patients taking beds from somebody else with other health issues that may need it.

I think that you do need to engage in more critical thinking instead of blindly swallowing the narrative.

As for who the elites are - politicians, the media, big tech, and big business.
You really can't see how they're benefitting from this situation?
-Politicians get more power.
-The media makes money - by scaring people and by dividing people. Particularly as the media becomes more tribalized, which feeds the tribalization of our society. "If it bleeds, it leads" is a mantra that is as applicable for media in Compton as in Collier Township as in Canada as in Croatia. If you convince people that they face an existential threat, of course they're going to tune in for information - and the media will rake in the ratings and the profits.
-The same thing for big tech.. due to everybody being locked at home and the world operating exclusively digitally, you're out of your mind if you can't see that tech companies are making money hand over fist. COVID has been a gold mine for them. This also becomes more dangerous when tech companies such as Facebook Twitter, and Google (YouTube) become more and more like the media, as social media increasingly competes with the traditional media for the attention of the population.
-And big business - again, where have you been? Living under a rock? Small businesses were suffocated - while big box stores were allowed to remain open. And now with the supply chain crisis - the companies with economies of scale large enough to incur increased shipping/logistics prices have a leg up on their small business competitors.. until the small businesses eventually go under completely and there'll be no competition for big business.

All of the elites win. Why cant you see this?

As for nobody living under a dictatorship - what do you call what happened in Australia? What do you call what Tom Wolf did here in this state?

As for not being able to comment on what happens in other countries - I'm calling shenanigans on you for that statement. We bombed Yugoslavia due to our distaste for their domestic affairs. What about Darfur? The Rohingas in Myanmar? Belarus today? The genocide against the Uighars in Xinjiang?

And we've seen COVID measures spread internationally. Nobody thought that a Western democracy could get away with locking down its own citizens. And then Italy did it. And then it spread, and it came here.

You don't see the connections between opioids and COVID?
How did the opioids epidemic begin? The pharmaceutical industry lied about drugs such as Oxy - and doctors, who should have known better, prescribed it to their patients. The patients became addicted. For economic reasons (heroin is much cheaper than pills) - the patients who became addicted to Oxy had to switch to heroin. This epidemic was unleashed on the people by the pharmaceutical and medical industries.
But now, we're not allowed to question doctors. And we're certainly not allowed to question the pharmaceutical industry.. even though with these "vaccine" mandates (and when do you think we'll be mandated to get boosters) the pharmaceutical industry is making massive (and legally guaranteed) profits..
The FDA is now asking for 55 years before it releases records regarding Pfizer's vaccine to the public. Do you not see something wrong and worrying about this? And do you not see something wrong with the fact that no matter how many times Fauci moves the goal posts and admits to lying, that he is still treated as Jesus Christ on Earth by the media and half of the population?

As for 'astronomical health care costs' ... how about the costs associated with chronic diseases induced by lifestyle choices? When is smoking going to be outlawed? Or drinking? Or McDonalds? Or Pizza Hut? Or soda?

When is your employer going to be able to fire you because your BMI is too high and your obese and you may drive up healthcare costs??

Where does the COVID train end?

Old 11-20-2021, 08:32 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,698,780 times
Quote:
I think that you do need to engage in more critical thinking instead of blindly swallowing the narrative.

As for who the elites are - politicians, the media, big tech, and big business.
You really can't see how they're benefitting from this situation?
-Politicians get more power.
-The media makes money - by scaring people and by dividing people. Particularly as the media becomes more tribalized, which feeds the tribalization of our society. "If it bleeds, it leads" is a mantra that is as applicable for media in Compton as in Collier Township as in Canada as in Croatia. If you convince people that they face an existential threat, of course they're going to tune in for information - and the media will rake in the ratings and the profits.
-The same thing for big tech.. due to everybody being locked at home and the world operating exclusively digitally, you're out of your mind if you can't see that tech companies are making money hand over fist. COVID has been a gold mine for them. This also becomes more dangerous when tech companies such as Facebook Twitter, and Google (YouTube) become more and more like the media, as social media increasingly competes with the traditional media for the attention of the population.
-And big business - again, where have you been? Living under a rock? Small businesses were suffocated - while big box stores were allowed to remain open. And now with the supply chain crisis - the companies with economies of scale large enough to incur increased shipping/logistics prices have a leg up on their small business competitors.. until the small businesses eventually go under completely and there'll be no competition for big business.

All of the elites win. Why cant you see this?

As for nobody living under a dictatorship - what do you call what happened in Australia? What do you call what Tom Wolf did here in this state?

As for not being able to comment on what happens in other countries - I'm calling shenanigans on you for that statement. We bombed Yugoslavia due to our distaste for their domestic affairs. What about Darfur? The Rohingas in Myanmar? Belarus today? The genocide against the Uighars in Xinjiang?

And we've seen COVID measures spread internationally. Nobody thought that a Western democracy could get away with locking down its own citizens. And then Italy did it. And then it spread, and it came here.

You don't see the connections between opioids and COVID?
How did the opioids epidemic begin? The pharmaceutical industry lied about drugs such as Oxy - and doctors, who should have known better, prescribed it to their patients. The patients became addicted. For economic reasons (heroin is much cheaper than pills) - the patients who became addicted to Oxy had to switch to heroin. This epidemic was unleashed on the people by the pharmaceutical and medical industries.
But now, we're not allowed to question doctors. And we're certainly not allowed to question the pharmaceutical industry.. even though with these "vaccine" mandates (and when do you think we'll be mandated to get boosters) the pharmaceutical industry is making massive (and legally guaranteed) profits..
The FDA is now asking for 55 years before it releases records regarding Pfizer's vaccine to the public. Do you not see something wrong and worrying about this? And do you not see something wrong with the fact that no matter how many times Fauci moves the goal posts and admits to lying, that he is still treated as Jesus Christ on Earth by the media and half of the population?

As for 'astronomical health care costs' ... how about the costs associated with chronic diseases induced by lifestyle choices? When is smoking going to be outlawed? Or drinking? Or McDonalds? Or Pizza Hut? Or soda?

When is your employer going to be able to fire you because your BMI is too high and your obese and you may drive up healthcare costs??

Where does the COVID train end?
You certainly see things from a different point of view. You are pretty much saying nobody has freedom in the world. To an extent you are correct, but that is nothing new. Since the beginning of time money goes to money, those that rule have money. And that is the case everywhere not just the USA. Of course people are making money off this pandemic and it’s those that already have the money. It’s no different with any disaster or large event. Somebody is always making money.

I just think you are reading way to much and think that those that make powerful decisions and have money want this event. They want people to stay at home and not spread money throughout the economy.

The difference is COVID is unpredictable and you can easily spread it from one to another. You aren’t abusing yourself only with opioids and alcohol. You can’t infect somebody with heart disease, obesity and liver failure. You can infect somebody with covid. It isn’t like the flu. Covid is an unpredictable respiratory disease. Somebody you look at that appears healthy and then gets this and dies from it makes it so.

And lockdowns are in place because this is to try and keep people safe and limit spread. It is not different than why we have speeding limits on the roads and if you injure or kill somebody under the influence you are arrested.

It’s hard to argue that you are pro life when an unpredictable disease is easily spread and can capacitate and kill you.

But again, you live in a republic, not a true democracy. States and employers have the power to do as they wish. But again you are still free to do as you wish and live life as you see fit. However nothing is guaranteed to you or I past that. Those that control things, have money and the majority of people don’t see it the same way as you. As my dad said that is just life son. Make the best of it and things will never be perfect or align with your views.

I don’t know what to tell you. This is bothering you way to much. It isn’t going to change. The majority of people don’t see it the way you do. This is going to continue to go on and on.

Old 11-20-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
It isn’t going to change. The majority of people don’t see it the way you do. This is going to continue to go on and on.
The tide is turning.
Tens of thousands are protesting today in Vienna.
Rioting in Rotterdam - police cars set on fire, protestors shot.
Other protests expected in Switzerland, Croatia, and Italy.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisakim...h=70101acc3a21

We need to allow people to have choice. Otherwise, this will inevitably end in serious violence.
I'm scared because I increasingly believe that violence will be the only way to end the cult of Covidism. I certainly hope that I'm wrong.

Old 11-20-2021, 11:08 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,316,565 times
Quote:
I don’t know what to tell you. This is bothering you way to much. It isn’t going to change. The majority of people don’t see it the way you do. This is going to continue to go on and on.
It’s obvious that it’s bothering you way too much, and the fearmongering isn’t going to scare folks into thinking and doing as you do because you live in fear. Mask up and live life. You’ll feel better.

Old 11-20-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
The tide is turning.
Tens of thousands are protesting today in Vienna.
Rioting in Rotterdam - police cars set on fire, protestors shot.
Other protests expected in Switzerland, Croatia, and Italy.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisakim...h=70101acc3a21

We need to allow people to have choice. Otherwise, this will inevitably end in serious violence.
I'm scared because I increasingly believe that violence will be the only way to end the cult of Covidism. I certainly hope that I'm wrong.
It’s not going anywhere because Covid is here to stay. Things are going to be permanently different for everyone.

You already have a choice. Governments vary throughout the world and can do as they wish.

I think you haven’t traveled much outside of the US.

Old 11-20-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It’s obvious that it’s bothering you way too much, and the fearmongering isn’t going to scare folks into thinking and doing as you do because you live in fear. Mask up and live life. You’ll feel better.
Lol it isn’t bothering me at all. I’ve adjusted and life is great. I don’t want to get caught up as an innocent bystandard because somebody comes unhinged and can’t handle life and new norms.

You, TY and GG dwell way too much on things you can’t control. Until, if and when this virus gets under control this is the new norm.

Don’t know why this is hard for you to understand.

Unless you are a minority, this country will give you free pass second chances and a do over. The people complaining they don’t have freedom are the ones disproportionately jailed and abused by cops.

It’s funny I’m a minority and worked hard to make money. You threee are at an advantage because you have a white face. All you have to do is put forth some effort to work. You won’t get pulled over and racially profiled by a cop. You weren’t segregated from the population as recently as 50 years ago.

Last edited by Independentthinking83; 11-20-2021 at 11:58 AM..

Old 11-20-2021, 11:55 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,316,565 times
Quote:
Lol it isn’t bothering me at all. I’ve adjusted and life is great. I don’t want to get caught up as an innocent bystandard because somebody comes unhinged and can’t handle life and new norms.

You, TY and GG dwell way too much on things you can’t control. Until, if and when this virus gets under control this is the new norm.

Don’t know why this is hard for you to understand.
If it wasn’t bothering you, you wouldn’t be pushing your feelings on folks that don’t share the same feelings as you most everyday.

Right, you’re living in fear of the virus and someone coming unhinged over it for whatever reason, lol.

The only one dwelling on it is you. I don’t try to control anything. I simply live life and don’t live in fear.

Mask up. Live life. You’ll feel better.

Old 11-20-2021, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I think you haven’t traveled much outside of the US.
I told you that I'm a citizen of a European country and have lived in Europe.

I've been to:
Canada
Mexico
Iceland
Northern Ireland
the Republic of Ireland
Scotland
England
Belgium
the Netherlands
Germany
Austria
Poland
Czech Republic
Hungary
Serbia
Bosnia
Montenegro
and Croatia.

Id say that I've traveled fairly widely outside of the US..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh