Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 02:53 PM

687 posts, read 2,032,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
"Pittsburgh" doesn't.

Anyone I talked to is against what Ticketmaster did. Anyone is welcome to come, stay in our hotels and eat in our restaurants - as far as my friends and I are concerned.

I don't know WHO made the restriction on ticket sales... but don't blame the city and its people.
I wasn't blaming it's people . I should have clarified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 03:40 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,631,148 times
Quote:
"Pittsburgh" doesn't.

Anyone I talked to is against what Ticketmaster did. Anyone is welcome to come, stay in our hotels and eat in our restaurants - as far as my friends and I are concerned.

I don't know WHO made the restriction on ticket sales... but don't blame the city and its people.
I don't think Detroit residents are being excluded from anything. I think our fans are just more eager to get tickets. You snooze, you loose.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:45 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Yeah... MI addresses on credit cards were excluded, along with a bunch of others.

Who makes that call? Ticketmaster? the Pens?

Old 05-29-2008, 03:50 PM

687 posts, read 2,032,460 times
Quote:
Yeah... MI addresses on credit cards were excluded, along with a bunch of others.

Who makes that call? Ticketmaster? the Pens?
It would be interesting to find out wouldn't it? I mean what does Ticketmaster have to gain from limiting ticket sales and actually canceling ones that don't have the specific states requirements. On the other hand, it's good publicity to make the tickets 'sought after' because of the exclusions. Who knows.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:50 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,375,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
It is being reported on the news in Detroit that tickets to tonight's game are only being sold to individuals from PA and the surrounding states, this according to the TicketMaster website. We welcomed Pittsburgh fans to Detroit, why would you exclude us? Kinda tacky in my opinion.
I agree that was tacky if that was the case. However, tickets were available from at least two other vendors plus eBay.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:02 PM

12 posts, read 38,544 times
I was lucky to get a ticket to game 4 and they cancelled my ticket because i am from Canada, I wrote to the paper(tribune), mellon arena, ticketmaster, the pens, etc and they told me it was THE PENGUINS/MELLON ARENA who made this decision.

I am a HUGE fan who so far has driven to Detroit to see game 1 and 2 and now going to Pit tomorrow morning at 5am without a ticket because of the DICKS who made this decision. Greedy A-holes!
I was at Winter Classic and Pittsburghers complained that Buffalo did not allow Pens fans to get tickets, but yet we(Pens) pull the same ****!!!
UGH....
btw most of the peoples i wrote to did not reply, but I bet you if I was from Pittsburgh/US citizen they might have made a story about me....guess i am too much of REAL hockey fan from The Great White North

Old 05-30-2008, 08:56 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,352,111 times
Well, Kyuss...... hopefully that won't happen again. Michigan State Attorney General had a little chat with the owners of the Penguins and with Ticketmaster. He has been assured there will be no exclusions at any remaining games in Pittsburgh.

SOM - Victory!

BTW, how was your visit to Detroit? You never came back and told us, or else I missed your post.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:17 PM

12 posts, read 38,544 times
oh i had a GREAT time!
I did write a reply actually in the Detroit section that we were talking to each other...check it out

Old 05-31-2008, 09:10 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Go Red Wings!!!!!!!

Old 06-01-2008, 02:55 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,352,111 times
Wings up 3 games to 1. Not bad for a bunch of "old" guys from a "decaying" city. GO RED WINGS! DETROIT LIVES!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh