Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 04:30 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,908,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A man who bought guns for criminals and others who can't have them went to prison Monday for a year and a half.

U.S. District Judge William Stickman IV imposed an 18-month term on Dennis Renfro, 30, of West Homestead, who acted as a straw buyer in purchasing 11 guns for others, including two felons and a minor in the Duquesne area. One of the guns was later used in a shooting.

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/cr...s/202208020088
Seven weeks in jail for each illegally purchased gun. For buying guns for a minor and for felons.

This sentence is a joke.. is it any wonder why gun violence is on the rise when you basically just get put in time-out for committing gun crimes? 18 years would be a more apt sentence, instead of 18 months.

But the liberal solution to gun violence is to pass more laws to infringe on my rights and criminalize me, instead of imposing meaningful sentences on criminals like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2022, 04:44 AM

45,572 posts, read 60,857,128 times
That's one of the issues, the laws for stiff sentences are in place but, in many cases, aren't imposed. Judges down here in a neighboring County have gotten into the habit of releasing people charged with crimes involving a firearm, up to Attempted Murder, on their own recognizance.

It happened just the other day, although there was no shooting involved. Guy got caught as a Felon In Possession of a Firearm, being in possession of prohibited firearms (likely handguns), possession of ghost guns, Possession With Intent to Distribute (Fentanyl), Possession with Intent to Distribute (Heroin). He was kicked loose after an overnight in jail after promising he'd obey the conditions of his release.

Old 08-03-2022, 05:20 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,288,019 times
Spinning them through the revolving doors of justice once again. I’m surprised they’re getting a year and a half.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
When I die I want to be reincarnated as a gun so I can have more rights than I do now.
What rights do guns have that people don’t?

Old 08-03-2022, 08:00 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,409,145 times
Quote:
When I die I want to be reincarnated as a gun so I can have more rights than I do now.
Where have i seen this before?

Old 08-03-2022, 08:11 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,908,706 times
Quote:
In this life you seem to be a Magic 8 Ball: you only have about a dozen possible responses, and they often dont make sense regarding the topic at hand.

Old 08-03-2022, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
Where have i seen this before?
Still waiting to hear the answer on how it’s possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
In this life you seem to be a Magic 8 Ball: you only have about a dozen possible responses, and they often dont make sense regarding the topic at hand.
A dozen is a stretch, lol

Old 08-03-2022, 02:21 PM

6,360 posts, read 5,072,924 times
Quote:
i like you. i think you are mired in a certain frame of reference, or blinkered by one perspective and not open to accepting truth from other sources. i am not saying you are the ONLY one on this planet who is, but i just think it might be that you can take a step back and look at things with impartiality on occasion.

Old 08-03-2022, 04:11 PM

4,181 posts, read 2,973,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Seven weeks in jail for each illegally purchased gun. For buying guns for a minor and for felons.

This sentence is a joke.. is it any wonder why gun violence is on the rise when you basically just get put in time-out for committing gun crimes? 18 years would be a more apt sentence, instead of 18 months.

But the liberal solution to gun violence is to pass more laws to infringe on my rights and criminalize me, instead of imposing meaningful sentences on criminals like this.
So is it only liberal judges or all judges across the board? All things considered…..was the man sentenced a drug addict committing crime to support a habit?

I did state that most of these new high powered guns are brand new. Meaning a “law abiding” citizen assisted with putting brand new in the box guns into the hand of children. Career criminals would never use random guns stolen or traded on the street. These guns could have been used in prior incidents……

Old 08-03-2022, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
So is it only liberal judges or all judges across the board? All things considered…..was the man sentenced a drug addict committing crime to support a habit?

I did state that most of these new high powered guns are brand new. Meaning a “law abiding” citizen assisted with putting brand new in the box guns into the hand of children. Career criminals would never use random guns stolen or traded on the street. These guns could have been used in prior incidents……
What does committing a crime to support a drug addiction have anything to do with it? Is it okay then?

Brand new guns, like drugs, get smuggled into the country everyday. The idea that law abiding citizens are putting guns into the hands of children is great stuff. Still haven’t seen proof to your claims that this and licensed gun dealers are doing it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: