Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2023, 12:34 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Always love the assumptions. I’ve never called anyone a troll, though they’ve admitted to being just that over many usernames. I have many friends on c-d, including h Curtis, and have pm’d each other. Just because the truth is unpopular and folks disagree sometimes doesn’t make one a troll. Also sent you a request. Thought I did that long ago.

Haven’t been in Punta Gorda for a few minutes. We’ve sold 2 places since we bought down here starting in Ft. Myers due to taking advantage of housing prices skyrocketing, and have settled into Tierra Verde.
Friend request accepted. If you sent me one a while ago I must have overlooked it. My apologies.

Tierra Verde looks nice. My former landlady just retired and moved to St. Petersburg, and a police officer friend of mine just moved down there to work for the St. Petersburg PD as well. Looks like you have a Publix nearby. I have heard that Publix is better than Giant Eagle.

Old 02-22-2023, 12:50 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Friend request accepted. If you sent me one a while ago I must have overlooked it. My apologies.

Tierra Verde looks nice. My former landlady just retired and moved to St. Petersburg, and a police officer friend of mine just moved down there to work for the St. Petersburg PD as well. Looks like you have a Publix nearby. I have heard that Publix is better than Giant Eagle.
We like it a lot. There have been super hot parts of Florida over the last few years and Tampa is and has been the latest. It’s amazing what’s become of St. Petersburg these days and prices have skyrocketed in the area. There’s many Publix locations. Publix is nice, but depending on the location/size, it doesn’t compare with the variety of GE, and not even close to the prepared foods.

Old 02-23-2023, 01:17 PM

2 people injured in Knoxville shooting

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/swat...edium=news_tab

Old 02-23-2023, 06:06 PM

Sad but not surprising

Attempted homicide charges dropped against teens accused of shooting BB gun at man who later died

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/atte...edium=news_tab

Old 02-24-2023, 12:46 PM

Two shot at Monroeville hotel party

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/two-...edium=news_tab

Old 02-24-2023, 12:50 PM

City controller: Pittsburgh hasn't launched team of social workers to help police despite $5M budget

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/pittsbur...orkers-police/

“Under Peduto, the office said it was studying operations in other cities while hiring and training social workers. And while the Gainey administration embraced the idea as a central part of its Plan for Peace, Community Health and Safety has yet to respond to a single call.

"We talk about it. We say great things about it, but nothing happens, and you wonder why, because funding has been available," Lamb said.

The office has 15 employees and had $5 million budgeted for prevention efforts last year. But according to the controller's office, it spent only $100,000 dollars of that money, saying the response model is still under development.“

Old 02-24-2023, 01:18 PM

1,913 posts, read 740,186 times
Give the money back to taxpayers.

Old 02-24-2023, 05:33 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,960,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
City controller: Pittsburgh hasn't launched team of social workers to help police despite $5M budget

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/pittsbur...orkers-police/

“Under Peduto, the office said it was studying operations in other cities while hiring and training social workers. And while the Gainey administration embraced the idea as a central part of its Plan for Peace, Community Health and Safety has yet to respond to a single call.

"We talk about it. We say great things about it, but nothing happens, and you wonder why, because funding has been available," Lamb said.

The office has 15 employees and had $5 million budgeted for prevention efforts last year. But according to the controller's office, it spent only $100,000 dollars of that money, saying the response model is still under development.“
These so called case workers would do nothing to curb the current violence in city neighborhoods. How will the city determine what cases to dispatch these caseworkers? Will the caseworker assistance decision be placed on the 911 operator. Will caseworkers trust a 911 operators decision?

This may help in some cases but I never felt this will come to fruition as planned. This was a Peduto administration suggestion. The Gainey administration most likely see the flaws.

If I was a social worker would I want this responsibility? What is the salary range? Will these jobs have full time hours? Mental breakdowns can and will happen at anytime.

The city should force the reopening of Shuman. The DA should see that criminals are not released early. House arrest should be banned for violent and repeat criminals. This alone will improve our current situation.

The closing of Shuman has put CYF in bind. Most of these teenage offenders have ties to CYF and family court. CYF caseworkers and case aids are unionized and they refuse to take on cases involving violent teens. CYF made attempts to refer these difficult cases to my agency. I along with my executive VP responded with a loud HELL NO!

The person that suggested caseworker involvement obviously does not live in the real world. Caseworkers are greatly needed but will only work in some cases. It would be better if they would educate and train police officers.

Old 02-24-2023, 05:53 PM

194 posts, read 85,626 times
Pittsburgh really seems to be awash with gun violence. How does it compare to Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati and Buffalo nowadays?

Old 02-24-2023, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailerman9192 View Post
Pittsburgh really seems to be awash with gun violence. How does it compare to Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati and Buffalo nowadays?
Keep voting for soft on crime political figures and the area will reap what it sows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
These so called case workers would do nothing to curb the current violence in city neighborhoods. How will the city determine what cases to dispatch these caseworkers? Will the caseworker assistance decision be placed on the 911 operator. Will caseworkers trust a 911 operators decision?

This may help in some cases but I never felt this will come to fruition as planned. This was a Peduto administration suggestion. The Gainey administration most likely see the flaws.

If I was a social worker would I want this responsibility? What is the salary range? Will these jobs have full time hours? Mental breakdowns can and will happen at anytime.

The city should force the reopening of Shuman. The DA should see that criminals are not released early. House arrest should be banned for violent and repeat criminals. This alone will improve our current situation.

The closing of Shuman has put CYF in bind. Most of these teenage offenders have ties to CYF and family court. CYF caseworkers and case aids are unionized and they refuse to take on cases involving violent teens. CYF made attempts to refer these difficult cases to my agency. I along with my executive VP responded with a loud HELL NO!

The person that suggested caseworker involvement obviously does not live in the real world. Caseworkers are greatly needed but will only work in some cases. It would be better if they would educate and train police officers.
But Big Ed is a fan and huge amounts of money have been spent on it, and don’t forget the famous “plan for peace”. I’ve been looking forward to it for years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh