Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2023, 08:12 PM

194 posts, read 85,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Last I checked your community went nuts when an officer pulled over a car riddled with bullets that just came from a drive-by shooting of someone that was shot in the stomach. Don't worry, no one cared about him and he survived anyway. The single officer tried to detain the suspects. Two of them ran and an officer fired and killed one as he is supposed to do and he the officer was indeed found not guilty of any wrongdoing. Then your people protested for months and months if no years. So by protesting you are stating officers can't detain people anymore. That is what you wanted. Well you got everything you wanted. Well done. Oh and you put his picture up as some wonderful person. You know the one that was running after the drive-by with a clip on him. Yep, you got what you wanted. Enjoy. I think it only gets worse from here. The BLM and woke mob have spoken. They voted in those that are all about it. Maybe we should indeed let the police personnel fall to a very low number. Let's give that a try as well. Why not? We don't need no police. Burn baby burn. Close those prisons up. Let the shooters go. Might as well. Cops can't detain anyone anyway, so what is the difference?
You do realize that there is a 78% chance these guns belonged to somebody else. You know one of the hardcore right to bear arms people that don’t realize their vehicle glovebox and trunk don’t have second amendment rights. Irresponsible gun owners buying guns legally. Might as well leave them on a picnic table in public.

Old 02-25-2023, 08:18 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailerman9192 View Post
You do realize that there is a 78% chance these guns belonged to somebody else. You know one of the hardcore right to bear arms people that don’t realize their vehicle glovebox and trunk don’t have second amendment rights. Irresponsible gun owners buying guns legally. Might as well leave them on a picnic table in public.
Criminals shouldn’t be stealing guns to begin with, and when they do and use them illegally, put them away…but the soft on crime folks that vote for the soft on crime political figures think that’s being a big meanie and they get dumped back onto the streets to be repeat killers. Folks reaping what they sow by defending these criminal losers.

Old 02-25-2023, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Criminals shouldn’t be stealing guns to begin with, and when they do and use them illegally, put them away…but the soft on crime folks that vote for the soft on crime political figures think that’s being a big meanie and they get dumped back onto the streets to be repeat killers. Folks reaping what they sow by defending these criminal losers.
That’s funny. That’s why they are called criminals duh… We just have way too many stupid people that can buy guns legally but are irresponsible with them. Vehicle glove boxes and trunks don’t have second amendment rights.

I visited a facility near Indianapolis for work right around the 2020 election. The guy I was meeting rode me around the outside of the facility in his personal vehicle. It was a soft top wrangler with a trump 2020 sticker on the bumper. Before I got in the car he wanted to make sure his firearm was secure in his glove box. After I got in and we were driving around I said you know you may want to secure your firearm a lot better. Somebody could steal it from your soft top jeep in less than a minute. A little cut here and pry there and it’s gone. Oh and btw you are violating company policy by having a firearm on private company property which is not allowed. So yes I will note this in the report and make sure the property insurance underwriter is aware of this recklessness and violation of company policy.

So yes legal to purchase a gun but they don’t follow rules and are irresponsible. Basically enablers.

Old 02-25-2023, 08:43 PM

Quote:
That’s funny. That’s why they are called criminals duh… We just have way too many stupid people that can buy guns legally but are irresponsible with them. Vehicle glove boxes and trunks don’t have second amendment rights.

I visited a facility near Indianapolis for work right around the 2020 election. The guy I was meeting rode me around the outside of the facility in his personal vehicle. It was a soft top wrangler with a trump 2020 sticker on the bumper. Before I got in the car he wanted to make sure his firearm was secure in his glove box. After I got in and we were driving around I said you know you may want to secure your firearm a lot better. Somebody could steal it from your soft top jeep in less than a minute. A little cut here and pry there and it’s gone. Oh and btw you are violating company policy by having a firearm on private company property which is not allowed. So yes I will note this in the report and make sure the property insurance underwriter is aware of this recklessness and violation of company policy.

So yes legal to purchase a gun but they don’t follow rules and are irresponsible. Basically enablers.
Yep criminals, and way too many of them committing crimes, especially murders and shootings. Lol at gloveboxes and trunks not having 2nd amendment rights. That’s right up there with the hilariously ridiculous claim that all guns in the US start out as legal firearms.

Quite the anecdotal experience because Trump. The idea of you getting into a vehicle with a because Trump supporter is great stuff.

Unfortunately, folks can’t behave and will break into vehicles to steal them, take belongings, etc… Wayyyy too many of them on the streets, and the enablers defend them and spin them through the revolving doors of justice to put them back onto the streets after committing such crimes.

Old 02-25-2023, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Yep criminals, and way too many of them committing crimes, especially murders and shootings. Lol at gloveboxes and trunks not having 2nd amendment rights. That’s right up there with the hilariously ridiculous claim that all guns in the US start out as legal firearms.

Quite the anecdotal experience because Trump. The idea of you getting into a vehicle with a because Trump supporter is great stuff.

Unfortunately, folks can’t behave and will break into vehicles to steal them, take belongings, etc… Wayyyy too many of them on the streets, and the enablers defend them and spin them through the revolving doors of justice to put them back onto the streets after committing such crimes.
Yeah it is legal firearms mishandled by those purchasing legally. 300,000 guns stolen every year from “law abiding” citizens is a huge problem. Too many guns and zero responsibility.

“As former Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Director Bradley Buckles stated in a 2000 report, “Virtually every crime gun in the United States starts off as a legal firearm,”making the need to prevent gun trafficking a crucial part of a comprehensive approach to reducing gun-related crime. Guns are diverted into illegal gun markets in three common ways: straw purchases; secondary sales through private sellers; and theft from individual gun owners or firearm dealers.“

“An estimated 300,000 guns are stolen from gun dealers and private gun owners every year and are then frequently used in the commission of violent crimes. Data from ATF show that, from 2012 to 2019, more than 17,000 firearms recovered and traced after use in a crime had been reported stolen or missing by licensed gun dealers.”

https://www.americanprogress.org/art...n-trafficking/

Old 02-25-2023, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Yeah it is legal firearms mishandled by those purchasing legally. 300,000 guns stolen every year from “law abiding” citizens is a huge problem. Too many guns and zero responsibility.

“As former Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Director Bradley Buckles stated in a 2000 report, “Virtually every crime gun in the United States starts off as a legal firearm,”making the need to prevent gun trafficking a crucial part of a comprehensive approach to reducing gun-related crime. Guns are diverted into illegal gun markets in three common ways: straw purchases; secondary sales through private sellers; and theft from individual gun owners or firearm dealers.“

“An estimated 300,000 guns are stolen from gun dealers and private gun owners every year and are then frequently used in the commission of violent crimes. Data from ATF show that, from 2012 to 2019, more than 17,000 firearms recovered and traced after use in a crime had been reported stolen or missing by licensed gun dealers.”

https://www.americanprogress.org/art...n-trafficking/
It’s criminals stealing from legal firearms owners, and funny how you deflect from the poor entitled criminals to blame law abiding folks.

Lol at quoting from 2000. It’s 23 years later and much has changed with guns being smuggled in like drugs and being so easy to make.

Yep, lots of stolen guns. Sad how these loser criminals that steal and use them illegally are able to be dumped back onto the streets.

Old 02-25-2023, 10:47 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,957,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Last I checked your community went nuts when an officer pulled over a car riddled with bullets that just came from a drive-by shooting of someone that was shot in the stomach. Don't worry, no one cared about him and he survived anyway. The single officer tried to detain the suspects. Two of them ran and an officer fired and killed one as he is supposed to do and he the officer was indeed found not guilty of any wrongdoing. Then your people protested for months and months if no years. So by protesting you are stating officers can't detain people anymore. That is what you wanted. Well you got everything you wanted. Well done. Oh and you put his picture up as some wonderful person. You know the one that was running after the drive-by with a clip on him. Yep, you got what you wanted. Enjoy. I think it only gets worse from here. The BLM and woke mob have spoken. They voted in those that are all about it. Maybe we should indeed let the police personnel fall to a very low number. Let's give that a try as well. Why not? We don't need no police. Burn baby burn. Close those prisons up. Let the shooters go. Might as well. Cops can't detain anyone anyway, so what is the difference?
My community? I have no ties to the Turtle Creek Valley. Why dance around the issue. Name names. You sound crazy as hell and your talking in circles. Did I go nuts? My wife? Children? Brother or sister? Cousins or neighbors? None of the above. No.

Who is BLM? Who is the woke mob? You sound ridiculous and self destructive. Cops are detaining. It is the DA and judges releasing criminals back into society to only reoffend and return. That would be exhausting to a police force. Just imagine. The police are in fact detaining and arresting violent teens. The teens are then released to their guardians without the consideration of the community.

I actually made a scathing social media post regarding Antwon Rose. I have never turned a blind eye to anything regarding my children. Never. I had a 17 year old at the time. I knew where my teens were at all times. I also knew who my children were with. Indecision can have deadly consequences.

Old 02-26-2023, 01:15 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,392,312 times
Please tell me i didn't just read that law abiding gun owners are enabling criminals. Does walmart enable shoplifters? That has to be the most moronic thing i ever read. You can also put that in your report.

There is not a gun problem there is a criminal problem.

Old 02-26-2023, 05:22 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
Please tell me i didn't just read that law abiding gun owners are enabling criminals. Does walmart enable shoplifters? That has to be the most moronic thing i ever read. You can also put that in your report.

There is not a gun problem there is a criminal problem.
Definitely moronic.
If someone breaks into your house and steals your legally prescribed painkillers and then ODs - are you at fault for them stealing from you?
If someone breaks into your car, and gets drunk or high and takes it on a joyride and kills or maims someone else - are you at fault for them stealing from you?

I think this Nailerman is Independentthinking83 posting under a new name.

The left-wing trolls on this forum are like herpes - they keep on coming back.

Old 02-26-2023, 06:09 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Who is BLM? Who is the woke mob? You sound ridiculous and self destructive..
So let me get this straight. You are claiming I sound ridiculous? You don't remember the countless protests regarding the officer that was trying to detain the gang in that bullet riddled car and two ran and the officer correctly responded by firing at them? That officer was found innocent as it was his right to detain with force for the community's protection. I am somehow destructive? How so? What would be VERY destructive is for this woke mob/BLM bunch to somehow overturn the LAW stating officers now can't detain suspects. That would be destructive.

Last I checked there were protests for months and months over this East Pittsburgh situation. It cost the city how much money to deal with these morons from BLM and woke mob. Please tell me you didn't forget all those protests already. It wasn't that long ago. Then "elected officials" were even involved in some of it. Now has ANYTHING changed as far as the law goes? No. Why? Do people really want police to not be able to detain gang members/criminals that just came from a drive-by shooting? I sound ridiculous? So let's say your BLM/Woke mob got their way and they got a law in place that said police now can't detain with deadly force if needed. How could an officer ever do their job at all? A murdering thug kills someone and is now running down the street. Police know he is the killer, but wait... they can't shoot or detain. How does that work? It doesn't, but I sound ridiculous. Sure.

I've gone on about this silly subject long enough. If people can't see such obvious things by now, I don't think they will ever get it. Some get blinded by their wokeness or whatever that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh