Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2008, 09:24 PM

24 posts, read 228,067 times

Advertisements

I am an asian lady, (not east asian, chinese, korean or japanese, neither pacific islander) in short nothing that follows into the definition of an asian race ethnicites in US. I have more of alaskan native look, yet I am short as most asian people are.
I ve been asked out three times by different black males in Pgh, I don't get what's behind this attraction...Pittsburgh is not as diverse as DC or LA, and I haven't seen any black men/asian women couples. Does anybody has an answer of why this is happening??? Men/women of any ethnicity your input will be highly appreciated!!!! needless to say most black girls can't stand me , they don't get that I don't need their men, 'cause I know I 'll only date & marry the man that was brought up in the same society as i was. sure it s not cool to reject anyone, but you can't change the way you were raised.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:30 PM

343 posts, read 510,206 times
You're the only non black/white person in Pittsburgh. That makes them want you more.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:10 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,950,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilus View Post
I am an asian lady, (not east asian, chinese, korean or japanese, neither pacific islander) in short nothing that follows into the definition of an asian race ethnicites in US. I have more of alaskan native look, yet I am short as most asian people are.
I ve been asked out three times by different black males in Pgh, I don't get what's behind this attraction...Pittsburgh is not as diverse as DC or LA, and I haven't seen any black men/asian women couples. Does anybody has an answer of why this is happening??? Men/women of any ethnicity your input will be highly appreciated!!!! needless to say most black girls can't stand me , they don't get that I don't need their men, 'cause I know I 'll only date & marry the man that was brought up in the same society as i was. sure it s not cool to reject anyone, but you can't change the way you were raised.
Hate to burst your bubble, but all black men are not interested in dating or marrying you either.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:21 PM

1 posts, read 29,482 times
Not all black women are concened about interacial couples, you should think of yourself as an attractive female, not just an asian women who black men want to date. Im a of a mixed background. White, Black, Asian. I have been asked out by many races, because I look good.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:48 AM

4 posts, read 41,003 times
Quote:
but you can't change the way you were raised.
Why is that? So, no child ever overcomes poor parenting, and no child of good parents ever turns out badly? The only one responsible for your choices is you.

Incidentally, maybe you're being hit on because they find you attractive, not solely because you're Asian.

Maybe it's just your facial features: Asian Women & African American Men | Asian American Poll | GoldSea

-m

Old 10-16-2008, 12:59 AM

1,139 posts, read 2,495,701 times
I'm sorry...I have to laugh that this is even a thread. As if Black men in Pittsburgh have some sort of different gene that makes them attracted to Asian women? Come on...

Old 10-16-2008, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Hate to burst your bubble, but all black men are not interested in dating or marrying you either.
U know that's exactly why I prefer not to get involved with them,the ones that I ve met didn't have any serious intentions. not that it bothers me, I don't care because they are not my type of men anyway.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:58 AM

374 posts, read 1,284,864 times
Quote:

Well, I would have to say I am a black male and I share this attraction too. For the most part I love to meet new people. Its really nothing different from any other races. Did you ever think that black men find you attractive?? IIt's like how everyone wants the new girl in school. What's the problem?? Does Asian women date in their own race?? I've always wonder that. As for social socities some may share the same as you.You would never know until you date the big bad black guy

Old 10-16-2008, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifepgh2op View Post
I'm sorry...I have to laugh that this is even a thread. As if Black men in Pittsburgh have some sort of different gene that makes them attracted to Asian women? Come on...
i don't know, may be they do. and since I had the same question you did I started the thread.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:05 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,148,549 times
Wow this is a provacative thread, I have no idea why this would happen though. I haven't notice a black man and asian woman couples, but it seems like I see a lot of white woman black man couples, but I never see it the other way around. Has anyone ever noticed this like I do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh