Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:31 PM

1 posts, read 4,967 times

Advertisements

good grief lady whats wrong if some one finds you attractive . dont demonize us because we do . i hate the fact that you are the one making it look so taboo. if it was a white guy you probably wouldnt even care . you would probably welcome it . but no if black - get back dont believe every negative sterotype you hear . You will have black men and probably any other men attracted to you so deal with it and stop being tripped out get over your self

Old 02-06-2009, 05:30 PM

5 posts, read 20,292 times
I think its the same reason black guys like white girls, but anyway pittsburgh has alot of interracial couples. My last girlfriend was black.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:06 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,714,702 times
Why is this in the Pittsburgh forum? Shouldn't it be over in Identity Politics?

Old 02-07-2009, 05:35 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,281,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilus View Post
I am an asian lady, (not east asian, chinese, korean or japanese, neither pacific islander) in short nothing that follows into the definition of an asian race ethnicites in US. I have more of alaskan native look, yet I am short as most asian people are.
I ve been asked out three times by different black males in Pgh, I don't get what's behind this attraction...Pittsburgh is not as diverse as DC or LA, and I haven't seen any black men/asian women couples. Does anybody has an answer of why this is happening??? Men/women of any ethnicity your input will be highly appreciated!!!! needless to say most black girls can't stand me , they don't get that I don't need their men, 'cause I know I 'll only date & marry the man that was brought up in the same society as i was. sure it s not cool to reject anyone, but you can't change the way you were raised.
We are all programed at a very young age ,let's say hard wired.This is very difficult to change,don't ask me why.I guess we become accustom to a certain way of life.For instance,I would feel very uncomfortable living in an upper class neigborhood or living in da hood with the brothers,Understand???

Old 02-07-2009, 05:53 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,281,436 times
Everyone,This is a much more complex issue than race alone.This has to do with what this person wants in life. I don't know whats with some black guys,but when I was into the bar scene, It seemed the brothers were always hitting on white woman,especially the good looking ones.Some didn't even care if she was with a guy. I can't answer for Asian woman and black guys in this area,because there just don't seem to be many Asian woman around.I don't know, maybe the blacks that asked her out were not to her liking,not her class of people,you know, ghetto variety.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:35 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,330,207 times
I think that this forum is strange in itself for one simple reason...Pittsburgh is predominatly comprised of two races black and white and anyone else including biracial individuals are considered attractive by most standards. I have traveled quite a bit and it seems to me that many other races especially deep rooted immigrants tend to turn away from American blacks (even many African women) due to media and other false preceptions seen through the media. Also what caught my attention was the fact that you stated that you are shapely, do you realize that is a trait that attracts many men but blackmen in particuliar. If it really bothers you that you are being "hit on" by blackmen lose the butt and make yourself look as plain as possible. I bet that you won't be bother as much by blackmen but some white guys/girls will pick up the slack My advice to you is to enjoy and cherish the natural beauty that you have been blessed with and don't whine about who is trying to "get with you" Natural beauty has it's time limitations so don't waste it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh