Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 02:31 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,925,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Young Herman;....If our soldiers went home violence would go down swiftly.
Unless you're a woman. Then it will be a field day for the misogynists that overpopulate that s**thole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 02:42 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
This is very true and something the anti-war left has no problem stuffing under the rug.

However, I also realize that UAV's are needed because had more of the gutless pro-war anti-evil advocates got off their obese backsides and stopped whining about a sore knee from highschool and actually joined the military and joined their fellow countrymen who actually have the courage to dedicate themselves on the battlefield, perhaps the enemy could be better engaged in a more intimate manner negating the need for so many UAV's and reducing civilian casualties.

In fact, this is one place the pro-war frothing at the mouth freepers should embrace President Obama on. His election has all but silenced the anti-war types as they dare not criticize him, and at the same time through the use of UAV's, Obama can wage an off the radar war so the pro-war panty-waste can sit on a comfy couch in America and shout... "Kill the evil doers" as they suck down another cheap six pack.
Except the military wasn't REALLY that short of men...
CONgress I believe sets the number of personnel the various branches of the military can have and was I guess relatively happy with the number.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:51 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Except the military wasn't REALLY that short of men...
CONgress I believe sets the number of personnel the various branches of the military can have and was I guess relatively happy with the number.
Is this your personal excuse and rationalization or just the one you could come up with in order to excuse your lack of participation AND blame democrats?

Old 06-10-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Is this your personal excuse and rationalization or just the one you could come up with in order to excuse your lack of participation AND blame democrats?
No...didn't know I needed a personal excuse...

It is simply pointing out the fallacy of your post, unlike VN,there was no draft to avoid and by and large the quotas were filled.

Sorry if that upsets your little tirade.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
No...didn't know I needed a personal excuse...

It is simply pointing out the fallacy of your post, unlike VN,there was no draft to avoid and by and large the quotas were filled.

Sorry if that upsets your little tirade.
Doesn't upset me that you promote wars you are not brave enough to fight yourself, I see your kind all the time, in fact the Internet is full of keyboard Rambo's with every excuse in the book. Just because you haven't dodged a draft doesn't make you a hero.

As to those military quota's, they are being met for a number of reasons. For starters, the US military has loosened its recruitment requirements to accept nearly anyone with a heart beat and an IQ over 75, extended the age limit to 42, and has even bragged about it being a "sellers market" since the economy is in the dumbs and many young and older people have no place else to turn.

Military Recruiting Numbers Climb in Weak Economy
Quote:
Recruiters report that they are seeing older walk-ins as a result of a battered economy. Changes in recruitment rules — the Army, for example, in 2006 raised its enlistment age limit from 35 to 42 — are also behind interest from older candidates.

It is a “seller’s market,†according to anecdotal reports from Marine recruiters.
Even with increased incentives, it has been a struggle for our military to retain its mid-grade level soldiers.

Key US Army ranks begin to thin
Key US Army ranks begin to thin / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com
Quote:
While a reenlistment shortfall in any Army group is cause for concern, many consider the declining rate among mid-grade sergeants to be a sign of potential bigger reenlistment problems for the Army down the line. In addition, the fact that more mid-level soldiers are leaving could have a long-term impact on the Army's ability to grow future leaders.

The Army has seen the reenlistment rate of mid-grade enlisted soldiers drop 12 percentage points, from 96 percent during the first quarter of 2005 to a low of 84 percent for the first quarter of 2007, according to Pentagon data. As of March, the Army is as much as 10 percentage points behind where it was in retaining mid-grade soldiers at that time in 2005 and 2006. (The overall retention goal for mid-grade soldiers in fiscal year 2006 was about 25,000.)
However, in case you change your mind or find the courage of your convictions:
- Joining the Military - Military.com

Old 06-10-2010, 03:53 PM

You seem quite upset by all of this...your 'outrage' is quite funny really.

By the way what wars am I promoting?

Nevermind,that is off topic,just like ALL of your contributions to this thread so far....

Old 06-10-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
You seem quite upset by all of this...your 'outrage' is quite funny really.

By the way what wars am I promoting?

Nevermind,that is off topic,just like ALL of your contributions to this thread so far....
Then perhaps YOU shouldn't have brought up UAV's and Buddhist statues then.

However, back to that 7 year old boy... what do you think should be done or is this just feigned outrage?

Old 06-10-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Then perhaps YOU shouldn't have brought up UAV's and Buddhist statues then.
I didn't bring up UAV's...Post #23.

Quote:
However, back to that 7 year old boy... what do you think should be done or is this just feigned outrage?
Done?You don't negotiate with them....

Old 06-10-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:

Done?You don't negotiate with them....
Ok, if you don't negotiate with them then do you fight them or just leave them to their own devices?

Old 06-10-2010, 06:44 PM

838 posts, read 922,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
These are the muslims that our gov is tying to befriend and protect.
You can't negotiate with a soul-less dog, like these men.
Of course dogs would never be evil like these montrous creatures, I can't even believe they would do this to a child as if he was an adult. God bless this little child. Taliban will fall hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies