Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 04:44 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
That's something very few people on these forums know. The Hitler was an atheist posts abound.
Hitler wqas no christian anymore than those priest who said they were christian. Same is true of the radical muslims. You have all kinds of people saying they do it in the name of thsi or that. Its like saying that all thoswe who don't beleieve in god are athiest crimes and killings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 05:50 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Hitler wqas no christian anymore than those priest who said they were christian. Same is true of the radical muslims. You have all kinds of people saying they do it in the name of thsi or that. Its like saying that all thoswe who don't beleieve in god are athiest crimes and killings?
The only opinion that matters on these issues is what the person himself thinks of self as. Hitler was as Christian as Pat Robertson claims to be, and it doesn't matter if I see neither as a Christian.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:46 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Who is the biggest sucker for the paranoid anti-commie pitch?
The worker drone, the guy with the high school diploma, the one who works more than 40 hours per week, and gets deeper into debt, is happy with 10 days vacation per year until retirement, worries about status symbols and sports, probably knows a whole lot more about the NBA and NFL than about history, geography, science, and has a bar room opinion about everything, believes that non-christians are evil, mistrusts and is suspicious of intellectuals and educated people, believes in old fashioned values...
For many there are only two choices:
1.Gung-Ho (let's exploit everyone and everything) for capitalism.
2. Commies and death camps, secret police, and forced labor.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:53 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
Hitler...a Christian?
Serious?

He was a really bad one then.
A madman with an addiction to speed, power, wealth, the perfect race and global domination.

No different than some of his predecessors....or with present and future power-freak, EVIL dictators that will continue to try and accomplish the same thing in their own exciting way.

It's a timeless effort with an infinite amount of coordinated planning and real patience needed to succeed in such a global takeover.
But, it is their ultimate goal and it can be achieved in their eyes!
Maybe sooner than later too.
Yes. Just like Tomas de Torquemada.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:53 PM

90 posts, read 123,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
In Memory of Tens of Millions Dead for One Bad Idea

Sorry, I thought the thread was about religion.
yeah no lie....islam is awful.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:18 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs1987 View Post
Do you have any sources to show that tens of millions were killed by people in the name of Christianity?
There are many and they are not hard to find. You might start with a history of the Crusades, than perhaps move to histories of the Inquisition and the Witch Hunts (both in Europe and the U.S.) as well as the forced conversions throughout North and South America and elsewhere.

There is a well-regarded book that covers this called "The Dark Side of Christianity" by Helen Ellerbe.

As a Christian, I think it is important to know the history of my religion, both good and bad. I make no excuses for the atrocities committed by earlier generations of believers; they were products of their times and many were gripped with the same religious fervor bordering on insanity that grips some people today.
However, when I see modern-day Christians advancing many of the same arguments and exhibiting many of the same narrow-minded views, I am reminded that those who ignore history are condemned to repeat it.

Certainly it is valid to condemn those monsters who perpetrated crimes against humanity, however, to pretend that there are not monsters in every 'family' is the ultimate hypocrisy.

The fact remains that few people die for Communism today - tens of thousands do still die every day for being the 'wrong' religion, however, as we are constantly reminded, the majority of people in this country would be hard pressed to say that they are dying for 'one bad idea.'
Why there is such a need to hold on to this Cold War enemy that is never coming back is beyond me. I guess it is easier to do that than it is to try to figure out to solve today's issues.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:34 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
Hitler...a Christian?
Serious?
He was a really bad one then.
I can say that about a lot of people who call themselves Christians, but that makes for only my opinion. These people still think they are Christians. So, do I win? Having said that, who said this...

"We are determined, as leaders of the nation, to fulfill as a national government the task which has been given to us, swearing fidelity only to God, our conscience, and our people... This the national government will regard its first and foremost duty to restore the unity of spirit and purpose of our people. It will preserve and defend the foundations upon which the power of our nation rests. It will take Christianity, as the basis of our collective morality, and the family as the nucleus of our people and state, under its firm protection....May God Almighty take our work into His grace, give true form to our will, bless our insight, and endow us with the trust of our people"

Yep, that would be the guy who hated communists, gays, trade unions, liberals, was pro-life, enforced laws based on Christianity and seriously believed they should be... sounds familiar?

Old 06-14-2010, 07:36 PM

210 posts, read 173,130 times
that vid is ugh. i hate when i see masses of people acting all delirious and worshipping their communist leader. theres something about that image i find so harrowing and spooky, ive gotta turn away after a few seconds.
makes u wonder how ppl can become such brainwashed zombies. oh wait, nevermind..we call them republicans and democrats here.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:29 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
...and the modern day Communists in America claim they are the good Communists, but really now, after the murdered tens of millions, are there really any "good" Communists? The Communists in America are quick to attack capitalism, but they belong to a political party ideology capable of mass genocide
Yes, communism is a bad idea. No, Obama is not communist.

You right-wingers like to say that, but it's just bull**** cliche talk. He is farther to the left, obviously, but he is not eliminating private property and advocating mass genocide. You guys should stop being so paranoid. In a few years, another president will be elected and America will have survived Obama just fine without turning into a bunch of good-stepping communist workers.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:49 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The only opinion that matters on these issues is what the person himself thinks of self as. Hitler was as Christian as Pat Robertson claims to be, and it doesn't matter if I see neither as a Christian.

Didn't anyone ever take you to church?

God decides who is or is not a Christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies