Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 05:23 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,788,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
You want the officials of BP out golfing right now?
Do you really think they go back to the office after a 10 minute conference or interview??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 05:57 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,592,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Barack Obama told The Politico this morning that the Gulf oil spill was like 9-11 (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/06/obama-gulf-oil-spill-echoes-9-11/ - broken link).
Then he went golfing for 4 hours.

Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/06/obama-tells-politico-the-oil-spill-is-like-9-11-then-goes-golfing-for-4-hours/ - broken link)

Obama golfs for four hours in sweltering heat - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Yeah hes real worried. Hes real mad and he means business just wait till after his golf game because that seems to be a big priority to him since he does it so much
Would it make you happy if he tore all his clothing and heaped ashes on his head?

Old 06-15-2010, 06:52 PM

24,514 posts, read 33,347,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
And you probably think he should work 16 hour days / 7 days a week.
I said no such thing. I am saying that it's ridiculous to "pay" him for working 9 hours instead of 8 when he is already on salary. BTW, many private companies pay that way. By salary and if a person's regular workday is Mon-Fri and he/she is asked to work on a Saturday, he/she does not get extra pay or overtime.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:08 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,417,540 times
To all who resent the President playing golf:

When he is playing golf, he is not stealing money from investors like Chrysler lenders or GM bondholders.

When he is playing golf, he isn't dreaming up new ways to tax you more so he can give money to your neighbor.

When he is playing golf, he is not trying to dig the country out of a financial hole by wasting money we do not have.

When he is playing golf, he is not stuffing taxpayer dollars into his union friends.

Personally, I wish he would play golf all the time and not have any new ideas or time to try to "help" us.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:14 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,856,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well he has earned enough. Obama said himself people earn enough at some point. He needs to donate his earnings to a charity.
Obama earned in the millions last year

Old 06-15-2010, 07:15 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,856,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Would it make you happy if he tore all his clothing and heaped ashes on his head?
no but it would be nice if he appeared to care.

I expect a leader to lead by example.

perception is reality

Old 06-15-2010, 07:28 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,788,854 times
Quote:
many private companies pay that way
Really!! Wow!! Who would have known.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
no but it would be nice if he appeared to care.

I expect a leader to lead by example.

perception is reality
Perception is illusion. What you percieve may be vastly different from what I percieve. I percieve that the President cares very much about the crisis. I go by what he is saying and doing about it not by his tone of voice or the look on his face.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:37 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,955,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Perception is illusion. What you percieve may be vastly different from what I percieve. I percieve that the President cares very much about the crisis. I go by what he is saying and doing about it not by his tone of voice or the look on his face.
LMFAO

You go by what he's saying and doing......not by the tone of his voice or look on his face?

Exactly what is it that he says and does that impresses the Hell out of you so much?
Can you provide some really good quotes of pure truth and total sincerity that comes from his words then.....since the look on his smug mug or the tone in his voice of intimidation, when he's looking for some ass to kick, is rmoved from the equation?

I look forward to your reply and quotes that may perhaps, qualify so he can perhaps, impress the Hell out of me just as much as you.

Just my 2 cents........or they way I happen to perceive it.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
LMFAO

You go by what he's saying and doing......not by the tone of his voice or look on his face?

Exactly what is it that he says and does that impresses the Hell out of you so much?
Can you provide some really good quotes of pure truth and total sincerity that comes from his words then.....since the look on his smug mug or the tone in his voice of intimidation, when he's looking for some ass to kick, is rmoved from the equation?

I look forward to your reply and quotes that may perhaps, qualify so he can perhaps, impress the Hell out of me just as much as you.

Just my 2 cents........or they way I happen to perceive it.
Did I say that I was impressed by the President? I don't think so. So much for your perseption. You can't even percieve what is written right in front of your face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies