Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did the Seattle girl who got punched by the cop deserve it?
Yes 131 79.88%
No 33 20.12%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 08:04 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
LOL...you are psychic I see...

Or simply a racebaiter.

I lean towards the second.
I lean towards the second as well. Cop pulls you over, for WHATEVER reason, you are supposed to cooperate. If he/she wants to cuff you and take you to jail for no reason, you are supposed to cooperate.

You let the courts take care of this stuff, you don't go running your mouth and worse, attack the police officer. This video just shows a couple of juvenile delinquents acting it up and at least one of them paying for it.

Good that the cop smacked the girl in the face. She backed down after she got smacked down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 08:08 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Why? Black men do it all the time, so it must be OK.
Wow...what an absolutely low-down, dirty thing to say. That's just repulsive.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:09 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,277,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I've dealt with enough rowdy, drunken, coke snorting White frat boys during undergrad and grad school to know that (in the words of Joe Wilson) YOU LIE!!
Why don't you just admit it, you support this girl only because she is black, if she was white, you wouldn't even be here.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:20 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,119 times
It's amazing here how many people believe it's okay for a police officer to punch anyone......they should never resort to fist throwing!!! I mean, really, are we not to hold law enforcement to higher standards than young teens (REGARDLESS OF RACE)??

And what is up with this thread being about how blacks are only outraged because it's a black woman? I'm outraged because she's a woman! If this were a white woman, I'd be equally upset. Yes, the guy's a police officer, but I don't think it's ever okay for a man to punch a woman in the face. Should they defend themselves against being attacked? Yes....but punching her in the face was NOT the right solution. It could have easily erupted into a fistfight with the friend and young man jumping in to the fray!

Also, you guys subscribe "ghetto" black teens with defying police officers. While there is truth in this statement, it is NOT something that is restricted to blacks. Rural, "trailer-trash", whites defy police officers all the time!! Ever heard of Cops???

Old 06-16-2010, 08:24 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
It's amazing here how many people believe it's okay for a police officer to punch anyone......they should never resort to fist throwing!!! I mean, really, are we not to hold law enforcement to higher standards than young teens (REGARDLESS OF RACE)??

And what is up with this thread being about how blacks are only outraged because it's a black woman? I'm outraged because she's a woman! If this were a white woman, I'd be equally upset. Yes, the guy's a police officer, but I don't think it's ever okay for a man to punch a woman in the face. Should they defend themselves against being attacked? Yes....but punching her in the face was NOT the right solution. It could have easily erupted into a fistfight with the friend and young man jumping in to the fray!

Also, you guys subscribe "ghetto" black teens with defying police officers. While there is truth in this statement, it is NOT something that is restricted to blacks. Rural, "trailer-trash", whites defy police officers all the time!! Ever heard of Cops???
It's not a black or white issue. You don't provoke the police. The woman was assaulting the police officer. Why are you people always for anarchy?

Old 06-16-2010, 08:30 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,492,876 times
Now you know oz never gets tired of that - he just need to put on his robe and come out of the closet.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Do YOU ever get tired of attempting to assert the racial superiority of Whiteness?

Old 06-16-2010, 08:32 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,702,646 times
The first thing that I noticed in the video is that the cop is a "little guy". In the shooting death of the 7 year old Detroit girl.....the cop was a little guy (5'4). I think many of these type of incidents are the product of the "small man complex" or the "Napoleon complex". Small men are often very fearful or feel disadvantaged and they are more likely to attempt to overcompensate for those fears by manifesting unnecessary force either accidentally (from fear) or intentionally (from fear).

Even when you look at a lot of guys who commit murder…..they are small in stature.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:45 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,277,967 times
Quote:
Wow...what an absolutely low-down, dirty thing to say. That's just repulsive.
Here is a link to the garbage black culture black people support.---http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT5ygTrJnEg

Old 06-16-2010, 09:00 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Why don't you just admit it, you support this girl only because she is black, if she was white, you wouldn't even be here.
For the record.....

1) That police officer's poor handling of the situation could have endangered the lives of the other bystanders - he escalated the situation by not quickly gaining control of the first suspect allowing the second to jump into the situation.

2) He felt (as do many of the fellow bigots here on C-D) that it was ok to punch the girl because she is Black - I doubt that he would have done that to an unruly White girl in the same scenario. However he would have been wrong just the same.

3) I am in no way condoning or supporting the actions of the two girls. If they were jaywalking and the officer was going to give them a ticket they should have taken the ticket and fought it in court if they felt it was unjustified

4) Police officers are held to a higher standard. They are sworn to uphold the law and to protect citizens. Their testimony holds more weight in a court of law. They are responsible for enforcing the law not being the judge and jury.

5) The animalistic "attaboys" and racist statements that are being made in this thread have extended far beyond the scope of this incident and this thread is being used a release for spewing any racist/bigoted fantasy that the posters have been itching to get off their chests. This thread is a racist free-for-all.

6) Two wrongs do not make it right - the girls AND the police officer were wrong in ther actions.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:02 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,865,417 times
Quote:
Wrong...I posted a link...

Quote:
A 30 year veteran of law enforcement training told KOMO News Tuesday that an officer who punched a teenage girl in the face while struggling to get her and another teen under control in South Seattle was "well within the scope of appropriate responses to the situation." Robert Bragg, the program manager for Fitness and Force Training, said a blow to the face is also within the scope of their training and would be considered a "reasonable response".
Cop trainer: Officer was 'within scope of appropriate response' | KOMO News - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional

Quote:
And what is up with this thread being about how blacks are only outraged because it's a black woman? I'm outraged because she's a woman! If this were a white woman, I'd be equally upset. Yes, the guy's a police officer, but I don't think it's ever okay for a man to punch a woman in the face. Should they defend themselves against being attacked? Yes....but punching her in the face was NOT the right solution.
Shooting her better?
Quote:
It could have easily erupted into a fistfight with the friend and young man jumping in to the fray!
Why would fine upstanding citizens do such a thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies