Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 04:10 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
What if Al Gore had won in 2000?

Please do answer these questions. Young inquiring minds would like to know your honest opinion.

1) Do you think it would be any different economically?
2) Would we be in this recession?
3) Would 9/11 have happened?
4) Would we have gone to war with Iraq?
5) Assuming he got re elected in 2004, who would have won in 2008? I assume Obama would have still run but would the Republicans have picked McCain?
6) In your honest opinion, would we have been better off?

Thanks. I am very very VERY curious as to what people will say. I have an idea of what some will say but overall do expect to see good answers and thoughts.
1) I think we would have $6/gallon gas and punishing energy taxes under Gore, and that can only be harmful to the economy.

2) The disastrous banking collapse would have occurred right on schedule, if not sooner.

3) Unavoidably, yes.

4) Yes, Gore would have invaded Iraq. Gore bought into the same bad intel, and he was making the same speeches as Clinton, and he saw Saddam as a very real threat.

5) Who can say, it depends on how badly his handling of the war and the economy were, and if his affair with Mrs. David was discovered..

6) No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpin Girl View Post
Our current elected President would be a Republican.
Probably another RINO

Old 06-18-2010, 04:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
We could have still had the housing bubble..Clinton signed the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and I don't recall Gore campaigning to repeal it so those lax banking and derivative rules would have still been in force.

We would still have a SS crisis as that Clinton surplus was money taken from the SS fund.

I don't think we'd be in Iraq.

I don't know about lobbyists ruling Congress though as Gore has turned out to be somewhat of a corporation slime ball himself with his ownership in climate change and carbon credit companies all the while he's promoting it's good for the planet as he jets around and lives in a thousands of square foot home.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:14 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,755 times

Yes, Gore would have brought an end to the evil capitalist system and put everyone to work on collectivist farms.

No, because our economy would no longer be based on money. Carbon nuetral tofu would be the official currency.

No way, 9/11 was an inside job by evil capitalists to frame peaceful Muslims.

No, Saddam Hussein was just a cab driver from New Jersey that the CIA installed in power so neo-cons could invade Iraq and steal the oil.

5) Assuming he got re elected in 2004, who would have won in 2008? I assume Obama would have still run but would the Republicans have picked McCain?

There would not have been an election in 2008 since Gore would have been elected President for Life of Earth in 2004.

Clearly!

Old 06-18-2010, 05:31 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
What if Al Gore had won in 2000?

Please do answer these questions. Young inquiring minds would like to know your honest opinion.

Thanks. I am very very VERY curious as to what people will say. I have an idea of what some will say but overall do expect to see good answers and thoughts.
Gore wouldn't have squandered the surplus Clinton left, remember him screaming about putting "Social Security" into a lockbox so it wouldn't be abused by politicians?

that is hard to say. The DOT.com bust really rocked the economy but so did 9/11.

Yes, that was years in the making.

Quite simply? a emphatic NO

he couldn't have won in 2008 since he would have served two terms already!

YES, we wouldn't have been in Iraq to begin with!

As a Floridian many of us will go to our graves knowing that we did elect Al Gore as our President in Florida only to have the Supreme Court trample all over our states rights!
But revenge is bittersweet as Florida elected President Obama!

Old 06-18-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Gore wouldn't have squandered the surplus Clinton left, remember him screaming about putting "Social Security" into a lockbox so it wouldn't be abused by politicians?

that is hard to say. The DOT.com bust really rocked the economy but so did 9/11.

Yes, that was years in the making.

Quite simply? a emphatic NO

he couldn't have won in 2008 since he would have served two terms already!

YES, we wouldn't have been in Iraq to begin with!

As a Floridian many of us will go to our graves knowing that we did elect Al Gore as our President in Florida only to have the Supreme Court trample all over our states rights!
But revenge is bittersweet as Florida elected President Obama!
Which of the many adhoc vote recounts put Gore into the lead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies