Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 07:44 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times

Advertisements

$19,000 a month on your dime, for Nancy to have a posh San Fransisco office.

The second highest paying Congress person pays less than half that for their district office.

Is Nancy Pelosi special?

I think she sucks. Why won't San Fransisco get rid of this wacko?

What do the people of San Fransisco think?

How is it possible that these folks love her so much? Are they all freaks?

I know Nancy loves to spend taxpayer money, but, come on.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 07:56 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Unfortunately, the rest of the country has to be saddled with NastyNancy because the folks in SanFran have their heads where the sun don't shine. I don't think they'll ever vote her out of office.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:59 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
If I were a member of Congress and I represented people on the West Coast, necessity would dictate that I maintain some office space close to my constituents. Her district includes SF which is very expensive. She could, instead, rent a garage in Oakland to save cash, but then security would be an issue. I consider the expense a necessary one. I agree that it does seem excessive, but I don't know everything that's involved. Perhaps the figure includes office staff and equipment, utilities, etc. If that's what the market requires, then there should not be any complaint. Just because she is Nancy Pelosi, scourge of the right, shouldn't mean she gets held to a different standard. EVERY congressperson likes to spend the public's money, Nancy is not alone in that regard.

We just had to put our capital four hours away from the West Coast by air, didn't we?!

Old 06-18-2010, 08:11 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Surely there is a middle ground between an office with $19000 a month rent and a garage in Oakland?

I cannot stand when politicians exhort the (little) people to tighten our belts while they live high on the taxpayer hog. And even worse when they are not even ashamed of it.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
What is the rent per square foot and how does that compare with other offices in the area?

Old 06-18-2010, 08:18 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
If I were a member of Congress and I represented people on the West Coast, necessity would dictate that I maintain some office space close to my constituents. Her district includes SF which is very expensive. She could, instead, rent a garage in Oakland to save cash, but then security would be an issue. I consider the expense a necessary one. I agree that it does seem excessive, but I don't know everything that's involved. Perhaps the figure includes office staff and equipment, utilities, etc. If that's what the market requires, then there should not be any complaint. Just because she is Nancy Pelosi, scourge of the right, shouldn't mean she gets held to a different standard. EVERY congressperson likes to spend the public's money, Nancy is not alone in that regard.

We just had to put our capital four hours away from the West Coast by air, didn't we?!
She did have an office that only cost us 4k a mth. I consider the 4k a mth one just fine and acceptable.

basically she felt she needed an upgrade

Old 06-18-2010, 08:20 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
What is the rent per square foot and how does that compare with other offices in the area?
She was previously in one that cost us 4k a mth she is now in a much larger office that is costing us that amount a mth. I am sure the more expensive one is much bigger and nicer but I believe while we are trillions in debt the 4k a mth served its purpose.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:20 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
She did have an office that only cost us 4k a mth. I consider the 4k a mth one just fine and acceptable.

basically she felt she needed an upgrade
In that case, she's fair game... Let me show her an "upgrade"!

Old 06-18-2010, 08:22 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
She was previously in one that cost us 4k a mth she is now in a much larger office that is costing us that amount a mth. I am sure the more expensive one is much bigger and nicer but I believe while we are trillions in debt the 4k a mth served its purpose.
Perhaps. But it doesn't really answer the questions.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:23 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,826 times
I agree on her office being too much, way too much....Guess for some, the reality of our economy has never really sunk in....yet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies