Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 04:29 PM

870 posts, read 1,405,385 times

Advertisements

I JUST was listening to the Ed Schultz show and he not only spoke about the need for more benefits for SPECIFICALLY the 99ers but went beyond that to say that President Obama needs to sign an Executive Order to help the 99ers. Again folks let's let Ed Schultz know how appreciative we are and let's call him or email him to let him know our story....

contact info for the Ed Show:

Email: ed@edschultzshow.com
US Mail: The Ed Schultz Show, 417 38th St. SW Suite F, Fargo, ND 58103-2312

Call 1-877-934-6833 (Toll Free)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 06:29 PM

255 posts, read 535,909 times
South Jersey Man, thanks for Ed Schultz's e-mail address. I sent him a thank you note.
I almost fell out of my chair when I heard him mention 99 weekers.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:28 PM

870 posts, read 1,405,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrumpster View Post
South Jersey Man, thanks for Ed Schultz's e-mail address. I sent him a thank you note.
I almost fell out of my chair when I heard him mention 99 weekers.

He has done it on 3 other occasions. Ed Schultz is always for the underdog based on my observance of his show. Apparently he has been listening to a number of those that go to his town meetings (as he promotes his recent book) as well as having been approached by an assertive 99er during the democratic primary. Since then he has taken up the cause when he is able on his show. He also works for a radio station so I am sure he get's plenty of calls and some may address the 99er's plight. He is quite a soft touch for those that are mistreated or underdogs. Let's continue to share our stories with him and give some thanks.

contact info for the Ed Show:

http://www.bigeddieradio.com/
Email: ed@edschultzshow.com
US Mail: The Ed Schultz Show, 417 38th St. SW Suite F, Fargo, ND 58103-2312

Call 1-877-934-6833 (Toll Free)

Old 06-19-2010, 06:58 PM

640 posts, read 1,987,376 times
Default Ed Shultz/MSNBC asks Obama on air to sign Executive Order to save the unemployed

On Friday, Ed Shultz of MSNBC, who has vowed to talk about the unemployed and long-term unemployed every day until something is done to help, asked President Obama on his TV show to sign an Executive Order to help those who have exhausted their unemployement benefits.

Article:
Ed Schultz asks Obama on air for Executive Order to save American Unemployed

FYI: Shultz also has a radio talk show.

The author, aka Paladinette, also hosts an Internet talk show.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:08 PM

117 posts, read 218,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane0218 View Post
On Friday, Ed Shultz of MSNBC, who has vowed to talk about the unemployed and long-term unemployed every day until something is done to help, asked President Obama on his TV show to sign an Executive Order to help those who have exhausted their unemployement benefits.

Article:

FYI: Shultz also has a radio talk show.

The author, aka Paladinette, also hosts an Internet talk show.
Thank You for posting this link & information!!!
Very positive News!!!!!!

I usually watch Ed Shultz daily!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 09:33 AM

613 posts, read 960,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcclure View Post
Yes, George Washington did issue executive orders. However they were well within the scope that I mentioned. One was declaring Thanksgiving Day a national holiday. Which was already passed through statute..(So constitutional) Bush's EOs dealt with what I said were constitutional: giving orders to parts of the Executive Branch. For instance George Bush's final EO:
Executive Order: Granting Reciprocity on Excepted Service and Federal Contractor Employee Fitness and Reinvestigating Individuals in Positions of Public Trust
This was well with in the rights of the Executive Branch....

If Congress allowed the President to have discretion over a certain sum of money with no strings attached, then Obama could Issue an EO to use that sum of money for Unemployment. But to my knowledge this has not happened...
Obviously you do not understand, and I am not going to waste my time arguing anymore.
You think Ed Schultz would be asking the Pres. to write an executive order for unemployment benefits if it was illegal?

Old 06-20-2010, 09:42 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
You think Ed Schultz would be asking the Pres. to write an executive order for unemployment benefits if it was illegal?

Ed Shultz is an idiot shill that works for the controlled corporate press at MSNBC. The guy no credibility whatsoever.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:53 AM

117 posts, read 218,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post

Good Point!!!
I Watch Ed Schultz Daily!!;
& He Is Definately An Exellant Media Source For The Unemployed, As Well As Others!!

Old 06-20-2010, 10:09 AM

613 posts, read 960,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Ed Shultz is an idiot shill that works for the controlled corporate press at MSNBC. The guy no credibility whatsoever.
blah, blah, blah, prove it.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:03 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,065,523 times
Way to go Big Eddie! It's nice to know that at least one public voice is in our corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies