Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Muslims who kill innocents in terrorist attacks?
Yes 1 33.33%
No 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 06:48 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,855,861 times

Advertisements

Do you support the terrorist acts committed by other Muslims overseas, or here in the USA?

The reason this poll is only for Muslims is because I want to show how many people actual support the murdering of children and the terrorist that struck us on 9/11. People here on this forum have their heads so far up their a$$es they think all Muslims want the same thing.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:55 PM

28 posts, read 17,256 times
Good topic. I remember when Palestinians were dancing on the streets when 9/11 happened.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:03 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,583,982 times
What a stupid post. Why the heck are you asking Muslims on this board who are generally not radicalized?

You have to poll your average muslim on the street in Pakistan, Palestine, or Iran.

The answer will be a resounding yes.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:06 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,855,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
What a stupid post. Why the heck are you asking Muslims on this board who are generally not radicalized?

You have to poll your average muslim on the street in Pakistan, Palestine, or Iran.

Well last time I checked we live in America, start worrying about America and less about the middle east where there is so much war and conflict going on there. Most people on this thread think its all Muslims when I am trying to prove through this thread that it is not. It is a MUCH different environment in the middle east right now and I would love to see you go over there and try to create peace between everyone.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:39 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,101,497 times
Quote:

I don't think you've been to any of the above places, especially not Palestine or Tehran.

Your "average" Muslims in either of those places - I cannot comment on Pakistan because I've never studied or been there - are not hateful, radicalized Muslims.

It's interesting that you mention Iran and Palestine, though, because both locales used to be VERY pro-USA. I guess a little thing called the Occupation/Immigration Policies in Palestine + the 1953 coup of Iran's democratic President Mohammed Mossadegh and the installation of the Shah of Iran had an effect on the way the citizens would later view the U.S. and Britain. Go figure.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:47 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,220,336 times
A CD member who is acquainted with the community of Dearborn MI has stated that sentiment in that city runs high against America and that on 9/11 Muslims there were "celebrating". However, I doubt if there are any radicalized American Muslims on CD--or who will admit it.

Right now there are 4-5 threads in the Religion Forum that have been posted by apparently sincere Muslims who want to discuss and/or proselytize for Islam. Maybe you should start this thread over there since there are probably more Muslims who frequent that forum than do this one.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:56 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,583,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
It's interesting that you mention Iran and Palestine, though, because both locales used to be VERY pro-USA. I guess a little thing called the Occupation/Immigration Policies in Palestine + the 1953 coup of Iran's democratic President Mohammed Mossadegh and the installation of the Shah of Iran had an effect on the way the citizens would later view the U.S. and Britain. Go figure.
Please study history.

Those countries I listed were never Pro-USA. They did not have an opinion one way or another. There were foreign relations between the government but the population was generally in the dark.

And this poll questions is not about how Muslims view the USA. It is about how they view the act of killing civilians. And many Muslims are very pro-terrorism and support blowing up girls schools.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:23 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,101,497 times
Quote:
Please study history.

Those countries I listed were never Pro-USA. They did not have an opinion one way or another. There were foreign relations between the government but the population was generally in the dark.

And this poll questions is not about how Muslims view the USA. It is about how they view the act of killing civilians. And many Muslims are very pro-terrorism and support blowing up girls schools.
Thanks! I got my degree in History and speak multiple middle eastern/persian languages! That's in part why I'm attempting, in vain, to educate you on the comment you made. I didn't do it to upset you or make you look stupid, but because I thought you generally wanted to involve yourself and learn something too.

In Tehran, civilians WERE undoubtedly pro-USA. This has little to do with their specific knowledge about foreign policy or our way of life but more to do with how folks in Tehran THOUGHT of our country and our way of life, and it was predominately in a healthy light. Urban teens in the 1940's and 50's in Tehran were developing quite a fascination with our culture, our dress - blue jeans become quite popular, for example - as well as our music and especially our movies.

This didn't end entirely in 1953 when Mohammed Mossadegh, a democratic President, was removed forcefully from power by the CIA and what was put in his place was Reza Shah, a dictator that ruled with an iron fist, but it did change the way many Iranians felt about the United States - a feeling they had never experienced before that date.

I attended a Summit meeting wherein quite a few urban Iranians spoke to the manner in which their parents explained to them that day - how they learned it in school, how it made them feel - it isn't just some neatly-wrapped thesis to prove a political point - it's really was a turning point in American-Iranian relations. As a note, despite the way you think, many people in these seemingly foreign, far-away countries know A LOT MORE than you think they do about what happens around the world, especially now. In my dealings with Saudis whom I lived with for 6 months, I would deem their knowledge of our politics/system FAR more in-depth than many, many Americans.

Other distastes of the USA would have much to do with later support of Israel, multiple wars on neighboring Iraq, the 1980-88 Iran-Iraq War where we supported both countries in War for the sole sake of continuing a bloody war, but the date we changed in their eyes? 1953.

Does that mean they all hate us? No. I can tell you that they don't. Teenagers in Tehran STILL emulate the way they perceive our behaviors and our dress and wish, rightfully so, to live here. The ones that do hate us, do they have rather rational reasons? Undoubtedly, yes. And if you say no, then maybe it is YOU who actually needs to "study history."

The biggest piece of propaghanda that has unfortunately caught on here in the U.S. is the notion that people that hate us, hate us because we're free. They hate our system. They hate Capitalism. They hate Christianity. The truth is that the U.S. has acted in a manner through our foreign policy that shouldn't be what we aspire to do. We've done a lot of truly noble, even altruistic things but we've done a lot of senseless, astonishingly-selfish, and bloody things post-Eisenhower. It's unfortunate and I despise terrorism in any form.

It's important to study history, and see the world through other people's eyes, regardless of your differences.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:34 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,534,291 times
I agree. I don't believe any radicals would admit on this forum that they support murder. I think they are a bit more savey than that.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:35 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,971,975 times
crickets...none are voting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies