Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 07:03 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Ok, since when are Code Pink and MoveOn women? And of the actual women you mentioned, the closest that might come to insane might be Sheehan, but she's more like Over-the-Top with grief and anger at the loss of her son due to a blatant lie. Otherwise, you've got nothing.
And Sheehan's an independent not a Dem.

Sheehan believes in abolishing the IRS and the Federal Reserve, repealing the 16th Amendment, and returning to the gold standard - are those "Dem" issues? Sheehan sounds more like a Libertarian than a Dem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 07:07 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,426,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Palin, Bachmann, Angle, and a plethora of Republican female posters on C-D are straight up crazy.

Are there any sane Republican women anymore?
I'm sane... and well, *looks down* I am all women I am not in Congress however, nor would I want to be with who is in "charge" at the moment

Old 06-24-2010, 07:10 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
And Sheehan's an independent not a Dem.

Sheehan believes in abolishing the IRS and the Federal Reserve, repealing the 16th Amendment, and returning to the gold standard - are those "Dem" issues? Sheehan sounds more like a Libertarian than a Dem.
link??

Old 06-24-2010, 07:18 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Ok, since when are Code Pink and MoveOn women? And of the actual women you mentioned, the closest that might come to insane might be Sheehan, but she's more like Over-the-Top with grief and anger at the loss of her son due to a blatant lie. Otherwise, you've got nothing.
So they are all men? No, they have women. Code Pink uses more women for protests as far as I can tell. Your pulling at strings and trying to make a rug, its just not happening. Sheehan, Caulter, Malken, Huffington all can say whatever they want, they are private citizens in a country that prides itself on freedoms of speech.

Elected officials are fair game, and I'm sorry but the hypocracy and crazy goes to the democrats.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:33 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
There's plenty of proof around here that Palin, Bachmann, and a bunch of female Republican posters are completely irrational.

Care to provide any proof that the women you mentioned are insane?
"Plenty of proof around here" LMFAO.

What are you? A 12 year old?

Plenty of proof around here. LMFAO. What a hack.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:35 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
link??

YouTube - End the Fed: Cindy Sheehan Speaks

Couldn't find anything online about her stances on the 16th amendment and gold standard, but Daily Kos excoriated her for those stances.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:03 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Why would a sane woman want to associate with the patriarchal party supporting male superiority?
I agree with the point, but there are women who are Roman Catholics too. It's very hard to change what you've been born into. It is possible, though.

I still contend that the two parties are artificially made (via combining popular and unpopular views) so that there is a 50-50 split. It gives people the idea that they have a "choice," even though both parties do exactly the same thing (more spending, borrowing, constant war(s), federal growth of power, etc.) while spouting different reasons.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:05 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post

YouTube - End the Fed: Cindy Sheehan Speaks

Couldn't find anything online about her stances on the 16th amendment and gold standard, but Daily Kos excoriated her for those stances.
Ahh my bad, I think I had the SC thread and this one open at the same time and thought it was about the Dem candidate for Gov in SC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies