Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 09:14 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
He can't run for president! Joe Biden says his ilk are only good for gas station convenience stores!
Some would say he's not a "natural-born citizen". He was born within months of his parents' arrival in the US. I'd like to hear the birthers take on that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 09:15 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Some would say he's not a "natural-born citizen". He was born within months of his parents' arrival in the US. I'd like to hear the birthers take on that!
I doubt he'd have a problem providing a certified copy of his birth certificate.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:20 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I doubt he'd have a problem providing a certified copy of his birth certificate.
I'm not going to get into the "birther" thing; I've had enough of that. But I will say that some of the birthers accept Obama's Hawaii BC, but say since his father wasn't a citizen, he's not a 'natural-born citizen' himself. That was my point. Jindal's BC can be as disputed as Obama's, as well.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:22 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
It's not an excuse and anyone giving a rebuttal speech faces the same challenges. There is a lot of pomp and circumstance surrounding the president's speech that makes the rebuttal seem flat. That's always been the case.

I'm not sure the issue you have with his rebuttal based on content or delivery. Insecurity complex perhaps? I didn't get the same impression you did after watching it.
Evidently not.

As to the content, I just didnt get around to that. However, others did.

Everyone but you and the OP was appalled apparently. "Insane. Childish. Disaster." etc. Even Fox!

Fox Panel’s Verdict On Jindal’s Speech: ‘Childish,’ ‘Amateurish,’ ‘Not Exactly Terrific’ - thinkprogress.org

Conservative columnist Brooks: Jindal speech "disaster" for GOP - War Room - Salon.com

Louisiana's Jindal draws flak for GOP rebuttal speech

GOP, Dems criticize Jindal's speech - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

But as is clear, some people feel comfortable with that

Old 06-26-2010, 09:26 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Oh, please.
Oh please?
Well, maybe you should start watching what people DO, not what they SAY.
Who writes for obama anyway?
Maybe all Jindal has to do is hire him and he will be our perfect candidate.
One who actually does something and I might add, one who really cares about the people instead of calculating the best way to get votes.
That is all your Knight in shining armor is out for, your vote, and it is very evident to the people who can see him for what he is..
A crooked Chicago politician.
End of story.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:26 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'm not going to get into the "birther" thing; I've had enough of that. But I will say that some of the birthers accept Obama's Hawaii BC, but say since his father wasn't a citizen, he's not a 'natural-born citizen' himself. That was my point. Jindal's BC can be as disputed as Obama's, as well.
Ohhhh, Gotcha. I missed your point.

Quote:
Yep, I heard the original criticism too. However, I make my own conclusions and don't need the media to feed me my response and every thought. Perhaps this is a foreign concept for you?

Old 06-26-2010, 09:29 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Posing?
Hardly, he is trying to get HELP but obimbo isn't worried about helping to get the mess cleaned up or to keep jobs for that state, he is to busy suing. So out of the 20 billion, since the IRS is making sure they get theirs, how much will the people really get? Since the whole state is heading for bankrupcy now that the hollywood elite and the environmentalist are so worried about how it will affect THEM, I am very sure Bobby Jindal is not "posing".
Did you happen to see his "off camera face" as he sat in the background when this so called president announced he was going to shut down the oil riggs?
Sorry, he is not a phoney.
As has been made clear with the Maddow video, Pres. Obama was not going to shut down the 3567 producing oil rigs, just the 33 rigs that are currently drilling for oil.

Neither you nor Jindal appear to know the difference between the two scenarios. However, I suspect that Jindal actually does know the difference and rather than displaying abject ignorance, he IS just "posing" - in an effort to stir up the, indeed, ignorant anti-Obama coalition. Based on some posts in this thread, he was successful.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:32 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Oh please?
Well, maybe you should start watching what people DO, not what they SAY.
Who writes for obama anyway?
Maybe all Jindal has to do is hire him and he will be our perfect candidate.
One who actually does something and I might add, one who really cares about the people instead of calculating the best way to get votes.
That is all your Knight in shining armor is out for, your vote, and it is very evident to the people who can see him for what he is..
A crooked Chicago politician.
End of story.
All I can say it that it appears you're suckered by photo ops and agenda-driven praise from slanted sources.

Meanwhile in real life,

Louisiana Wants U.S. Help, and Its Own Way - NYTimes.com

NWRA: Jindal ignored berm restrictions - UPI.com

DuBos: Jindal's budget damages culture more than BP oil spill | New Orleans News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather | wwltv.com | Political News

and so on.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:32 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times
Quote:
So he didn't hire a professional to write his speech like obama?
Maybe he is trying to save some money since America is broke?
Not Obama, only the best for him!
I guess we are even paying for his cigarettes like we pay for pelosi's $19 THOUSAND $$$$ a month "office".

Old 06-26-2010, 09:34 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,023 times
Quote:
He may not be good with a teleprompter like phoney obama, or he may not be good in front of a camera like phoney obama but he is REAL.
I would know that he would be spending his time WORKING for our country instead of POSING, golfing and throwing parties.
I agree with you and recommended him before on a different thread.

I think he's a good candidate and he has proven himself capable by means of this oil leak and running the state of LA. I hope he seriously considers it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies