Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 10:30 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
Notice how the mark can not answer the question. Notice how she twists the simple of question of what has Obama done for the good of this country to how she feels about certain policies.

The fact of the matter is that she nor anyone else can give an answer to that because the real and true answer is in a years time, he has done nada, zip, nothing to help this country.
I'm a fool. I'll respond to your question. Here's a few accomplishments. There's lots more if you care to look them up, but I won't hold my breath waiting for you to do that.

Wall Street reform
Stimulus
Lilly Ledbetter equal pay for equal work act
Hate crimes prevention act
Student loan reform (piggybacked on healthcare)
Healthcare reform
Cancelled the F-22
Funded energy and science research
Nuclear arms deal with Russia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 07:38 AM

563 posts, read 519,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm a fool. I'll respond to your question. Here's a few accomplishments. There's lots more if you care to look them up, but I won't hold my breath waiting for you to do that.

Wall Street reform
Stimulus
Lilly Ledbetter equal pay for equal work act
Hate crimes prevention act
Student loan reform (piggybacked on healthcare)
Healthcare reform
Cancelled the F-22
Funded energy and science research
Nuclear arms deal with Russia
Yes, these are things that were done while he was in office, but how did it help the Country in the shape we are in? Stimulus helped the failing banks, but they are not helping the people losing their houses or the majority going for loans.
Reform? Then they pull their money out and buh bye to any jobs that were about to be created.

I am still finding it hard to see for the good of the country.

Maybe I'm out of line.....but I see no good. Healthcare Reform? Joke. Who is paying for it? Didn't I just see a report that funds will be gone by 2011?

If this is all for the good of the country, we are....well for respect for the TOS rules I will keep quiet!

Old 06-30-2010, 09:08 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

Wall Street reform reformed nothing, all it does is make the govermnet more of the problem.....AND IT HASNT PASSED YET..SO NO-WAY TO CREDIT/BASH OBAMAY ON THAT ONE
Stimulus failed, has not stimulated anything..9 million jobs lost
Lilly Ledbetter equal pay for equal work act so now the government will what...force me to pay someone the same, even though they DONT PERFORM.....
Hate crimes prevention act....actually causes more hate,,, and btw what crime isnt based on hate
Student loan reform (piggybacked on healthcare) oh thats great, let's remove all personal responsibility
Healthcare reform reformed nothing, didd NOTHING to lower costs, infact will INCREASE costs of insurance...the only thing it did was give the INSURANCE COMPANIES the present of MANDITORY insurance
Cancelled the F-22..yep because flying 30 yr old plains is smart
Funded energy and science research has ALWAYS been funded to extents
Nuclear arms deal with Russia......yep another 'arms reducetion' deal like reagan. that we can ENFORCE of the other countries as we lower ours, but they dont

yep obbamy has done so much

Last edited by workingclasshero; 06-30-2010 at 09:36 AM..

Old 06-30-2010, 09:14 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Quote:
Notice how the mark can not answer the question. Notice how she twists the simple of question of what has Obama done for the good of this country to how she feels about certain policies.<snip>
What I notice is you desperately trying to change the topic of this thread, there are
many threads with the same question you asked, use the search feature.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:03 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,078,382 times
Quote:
Notice how the mark can not answer the question. Notice how she twists the simple of question of what has Obama done for the good of this country to how she feels about certain policies.

The fact of the matter is that she nor anyone else can give an answer to that because the real and true answer is in a years time, he has done nada, zip, nothing to help this country.

A mark will always be a mark at any cost!!!
If you want to ask people about Obama's accomplishments, make a thread about it. Otherwise, quit hijacking mine, comprende?

Old 06-30-2010, 03:09 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,535,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Are you suggesting that there is evidence that George Bush is in fact a monkey?

A picture of obama as a monkey has been viewed by you and others as beyond the pale.

yet even in this post you find nothing wrong with Bush being pictured as a monkey.

Apples and apples.

I have not seen anyone from my side say Obama was a muslim terrorist.

there have been accusations that he is a muslim. these are really 2 different things.

At the same time those who find it beyond the pale that Obama would be accused of being a muslim have lambasted George Bush for being "too Christian".

We can do this all day. GWB was burned in effigy quite often. Liberals on this board did not take issue with that expression of free speech. Those same liberals view the peaceful assembly of Tea Party Patriots as vulgar and intimidating acts of near violence. Hypocrisy? Clearly.

Do Conservatives reach to hyperbole in discussing Obama? Without question. I admit to as much myself. What bothers me is that your side finds such an act as “libel and slander” when you have yourselves done exactly the same with others who you disagree with.

It is hypocritical at best.
No, and that's my point... I've never heard anyone say that Bush is a monkey. I've heard he looks like a monkey. However, I have heard people say that Obama is a Muslim terrorist. There's a big difference.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:23 PM

563 posts, read 519,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
If you want to ask people about Obama's accomplishments, make a thread about it. Otherwise, quit hijacking mine, comprende?
Look Mark....did you take a copyright out on this thread? Lets see.....the topic was questioning our way of life for writing negative things about Obama.

So all I did was ask what did he do that was so great for the Country that he does not deserve it. Don't start a thread that you do not want an honest answer to.

A Mark is a Mark is a Mark is a Mark!!!!

Old 06-30-2010, 03:23 PM

296 posts, read 273,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
It seems like there are some whose quality of life depends on how many articles that speak ill of the President they can post on an internet message board. And sometimes it's not even slandering articles, but it is spun in the message title to appear like it is.
Let's say for whatever reason you don't have time to sit in front of a computer, does it make your day worse knowing you're not letting people know you hate someone's guts over the internet? Does posting these articles come before friends and family? Does the thought of posting anti-Obama articles on the internet get you out of bed in the morning? Do you look at yourself in the mirror every night and get a sense of satisfaction knowing you did your best slandering the president to anonymous people? How much of your daily life is devoted to things other than posting deragatory articles of the president over the internet?
You realize you have over 5000 posts in barely a year, right? Sometimes the most important issues to look at are staring at you in the mirror..

BTW, slanderous and slandering? Do you know what those words actually mean?

Old 06-30-2010, 03:25 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
No, and that's my point... I've never heard anyone say that Bush is a monkey. I've heard he looks like a monkey. However, I have heard people say that Obama is a Muslim terrorist. There's a big difference.

Well you are mixing up your verbs and adverbs or something.

Let’s try to do this slowly. I don’t want to disturb the easily confused.

1. Both Obama and Bush have been likened to monkeys. Where Bush is concerned its funny. Where Obama is concerned its evil.
2. Obama has been called a terrorist. This is slander to a liberal. Bush has been called a murderer. This is called truth to a liberal.

How about you actually used like examples? It is silly and juvenile. Clearly Presidents of any party are subject to the ranting of their opposition. It is asinine to now act as though the attacks on Obama are somehow different and more virulent than those of Presidents that have come before.

It is pure fraud to make this claim that Obama is suffering unfairly and in a very different way than his predecessor did at the hands of liberals

Old 06-30-2010, 05:32 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,078,382 times
Actually, yes. This is my thread and I've posed a legitimate question. And hijacking a thread is a TOS violation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies