Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 09:21 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Yet if we liberals dare even suggest we legalize and tax marijuana, social conservatives will be up in arms.
I have no problem with that BUT my problem is libs would still be anti cigarette. If you are against cigarettes, then you should be against pot because burning anything and inhaling it involves inhaling tars, which cause cancer. Libs have double standards when it comes to pot. banning indoor cigarettes, but not pot. Conservatives are against pot becuse it's a mind altering drug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 09:23 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
I have no problem with that BUT my problem is libs would still be anti cigarette. If you are against cigarettes, then you should be against pot because burning anything and inhaling it involves inhaling tars, which cause cancer. Libs have double standards when it comes to pot. banning indoor cigarettes, but not pot. Conservatives are against pot becuse it's a mind altering drug.
Typical black and white right wing thinking. Taxing something doesn't mean you're against it. And tell me any prominent people on the left who favor banning cigs. I don't like them and hate being around them but I in no means would want to ban them.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:26 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
I like to tan because it helps stop the sun burn in the spring.

I am a natural redhead and work outside.

So, I will avoid another Obama tax.

I bought a tanning booth.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Typical black and white right wing thinking. Taxing something doesn't mean you're against it. And tell me any prominent people on the left who favor banning cigs. I don't like them and hate being around them but I in no means would want to ban them.
Liberals are basically trying to ban smoking anywhere but home, and the ONLY reason they don't support outright bans is because of the revenues...

Old 07-07-2010, 09:35 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Yet if we liberals dare even suggest we legalize and tax marijuana, social conservatives will be up in arms.
Exactly, we like to drive our cars without some doped up, yeah man, "faaarrrr out" goof ball that has no idea he is driving the wrong way on a one way street crashing into us or our children.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:38 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Nobody has proposed making driving under the influence of any of these drugs legal.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Nobody has proposed making driving under the influence of any of these drugs legal.
But do you think if marijuana were legalized, would more or less people smoke pot and drive? Recall, smoking cigarettes doesn't impair your ability to drive other than possible holding the cigarette issues... Police will not be able to tell what people are smoking while they are driving.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:45 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
The police might notice the guy driving down the expressway at 30 mph. I have never noticed anyone doing anything fast while stoned on pot. Alcohol and speed are another matter.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:53 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Good, glad to hear it. Why people find it necessary to give themselves skin cancer is beyond understanding. Medicare just paid to have mine removed so the government does have a vested interest in cutting down on people going to tanning booths. If a tax helps with that, great.
You don't mind it because tanning isn't something that you do. Someone's business is being hurt by it. But where do they draw the line? The thing is, is that they don't draw that line. They just keep taxing until they tax everybody for everything. How about stop wastefull spending, that might help.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:01 AM

Why not tax bathing? I mean, it uses up water. People use soap, which is bad for the environment. Maybe we should discourage this kind of behavior or at least make some money off it to fund social programs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies