Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2010, 09:50 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
This was your real meaning all along. Why didnt you just stick with it?
No because no matter what anyone spells out to you, you and your few pals here play ignorant. You have no clue what youre talking about. You take issue with which day Beck picked. Yet you are silent and defensive about the real injustices here.

But you go ahead and "stick with" playing the fool and playing dumb. If youre really playing that is. After all, I did hear liberalism is a mental disorder. You keep it up and you just might prove whoever started that, to be right.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:52 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I dont know how many times this needs spelled out to you. Let's say if MLK were alive today, he would NOT side with the New Black Panthers. He would NOT promote anger among black people and advocate them showing up to disrupt a peaceful gathering that is about honoring the military and restoring honor.

You people want to scream MLK MLK MLK MLK over and over, yet it seems you dont even know the sole principle of his teachings and beliefs. It was being PEACEFUL. Not out looking for violence. Not out asking for the deaths of white people. Not out promoting voter intimidation. Not out defending corruption in our government.
Excellent post. It's amazing how warped some on the left have become, eschewing the values MLK stood for. What a shame.

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
What I would like for you to link to is a factual source or sources showing that Beck encourages the exact opposite. I want to see the evidence on which you have based your opinion.
Haven't you watched any of his shows? That is all the evidence that you need.

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
No because no matter what anyone spells out to you, you and your few pals here play ignorant. You have no clue what youre talking about. You take issue with which day Beck picked. Yet you are silent and defensive about the real injustices here.
As I pointed out to you, the Black Panthers wouldnt care what he does if he'd picked any other day.

Think Beck and his crew planned this date on purpose, to try to passive-aggressively provoke anger and hurt? So they -- and bullies like them *cough* -- could then say "Look at these angry people!"

It cant be a coincidence......

Old 07-08-2010, 09:57 PM

576 posts, read 586,169 times
When will these thugs go away?

Old 07-08-2010, 09:58 PM

640 posts, read 388,145 times
Quote:
You and your pal Delusional really are something else. Beck has asked families to come to honor the military and reflect on America and whats made it great. And speak of restoring honor to our country. A group of racists and agitators say they plan on showing up. YOU dont think thats news? You think these guys plan on showing up to sing Koom-Bye-Ya?!

And you dont think the media should cover the whole DOJ not prosecuting these men, especially with the recent testimony and the fact that this thing just gets bigger....

Do you realize how you sound? Really? Do you? You know very well had this been some nazi or KKK guy, who was caught on video, intimidating black or "minority" voters, the media wouldve covered it. The media would have a riot if a Conservative administration chose not to prosecute. The media would be in a frenzy if then there was word that it was because of race.
Honor the military? That's what Beck's rally is about? And he just has to have it on Aug. 28th.

The DOJ did not drop the case against Shabazz; they got an injunction. And the media has indeed reported about the lawyer who quit his job and became a whistle blower.

Do you know how you sound? A lot of people are relying on Glenn Beck, and any other choice-of-the-day person,to tell them what's going on in the world and what they should think, and, you know what? Glenn has an agenda, just like all the folks who make big money for big ratings.

I think the New Black Panthers is a small group of people with no power at all. I think the Tea Party supporters who insist on going to political gatherings and showing off their guns and talk about watering the tree of liberty with blood are just as dangerous as the New Black Panthers in the larger scheme of things. I think the "rally" has negative potential because of the extremists groups on both sides who plan to show up.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:58 PM

576 posts, read 586,169 times
Quote:
As I pointed out to you, the Black Panthers wouldnt care what he does if he'd picked any other day.

Think Beck and his crew planned this date on purpose, to try to passive-aggressively provoke anger and hurt? So they -- and bullies like them *cough* -- could then say "Look at these angry people!"

It cant be a coincidence......
Nice paranoid conspiracy theory you got going on there.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:59 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
What, indeed? If Beck had shownthe slightest bit of sensitivity -- an interest in peace, ya know, kinda what MLK was about -- and picked any of the other 364 days of the year he wouldnt have hurt any feelings or made anyone suspicious of his intentions, and the Black panthers wouldnt even know who he is.

Actually, I know you all love your drama...looks like the Beck planners do too.....

Think they planned this date on purpose, to try to passive-aggressively provoke anger and hurt?
Exactyl! He knew what day it was when he picked it.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:00 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThrillIsGone View Post
Nice paranoid conspiracy theory you got going on there.
There are 364 other days in the year, many of which are related to military sacrifice. Dont play dumb, Im sure you're not.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:00 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,517,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThrillIsGone View Post
When will these thugs go away?
the thugs on this thread or the Black Panthers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies