Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 11:25 PM

4,289 posts, read 10,786,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Didn't the article say he was charges with 10 murders..I'm reading on my phone so I may have read that wrong but that's what I thought it said.
he was arrested 15 times for assaults and burglarys. Serious crimes, but nothing to the the level of murder.

I was saying its not right too put the death penalty on someone unless he has been convicted of murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 01:42 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,645,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I think its "most" serial killers are white males... but that may change with the changing demographics of our country... too bad California doesn't have the 3 strikes you are out rule... or do they? I don't really know, maybe some of them are misdemeanors.. don't know.. glad he is gone though...
California INVENTED the "Three Strikes" law and has one of the highest incarceration rates in the US - that's what's driving California into insolvency.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:45 PM

774 posts, read 1,165,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
That is the general consensus. Not too much talk about this creep on any of the news outlets , beyond a blurb anyway. Pretty quiet on here about it as well. I wonder how much muck would be flying if this varmint was a white, professed 'Christian'? Can you sat pirahna?
The reality is that this has not gotten a lot of press because the victims were not white, were not wealthy, and the murders took place in South Central Los Angeles. Therefore, in the eyes of society at large, their lives don't matter as much as the lives of others. Many of the murder victims were prostitutes.

This is not a matter of my stirring up racial division. This has been documented by several media studies. If you do a little research you will find this to be a documented truth, not some hyperbole I came up with. This has been the case for many years all over this country.

How the Media Treat's Black Murder: Several women murdered and missing in N.C case - Assata Shakur Speaks - Hands Off Assata - Let's Get Free - Revolutionary - Pan-Africanism - Black On Purpose - Liberation - Forum

Paying More Attention to White Crime Victims *|*American Journalism Review

I don't have more examples only because I am pressed for time. Do you own research if you like.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:48 AM

[quote=SloRoller;15045445]The reality is that this has not gotten a lot of press because the victims were not white, were not wealthy, and the murders took place in South Central Los Angeles. Therefore, in the eyes of society at large, their lives don't matter as much as the lives of others. Many of the murder victims were prostitutes.

This is not a matter of my stirring up racial division. This has been documented by several media studies. If you do a little research you will find this to be a documented truth, not some hyperbole I came up with. This has been the case for many years all over this country.

How the Media Treat's Black Murder: Several women murdered and missing in N.C case - Assata Shakur Speaks - Hands Off Assata - Let's Get Free - Revolutionary - Pan-Africanism - Black On Purpose - Liberation - Forum

Paying More Attention to White Crime Victims *|*American Journalism Review

Of course the skin color and status of the victims had a great deal to do with why the case was ignored by LA County.

Just like if the girl that Roman Polanski allegedly raped had been African-American or an immigrant, he would've never done any jail time even if he was actually guilty of said offense rather than framed by the radical feminists (who don't care about what happens to black women at all).

Old 07-15-2010, 03:32 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,676,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
...How could this happen? Why are the courts taking theft/burglary lightly?...
Liberal activist judges. We see it here in the Chicago area on a high level as well sadly.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
People who can't be rehabilitated need to get the death penalty. Then there will be plenty of room. Come on 15 times in 4 decades.....that's ridiculous
Wow. I am really taken aback by your statement. What happened to you lately? lol

Old 07-15-2010, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRoller View Post
The reality is that this has not gotten a lot of press because the victims were not white, were not wealthy, and the murders took place in South Central Los Angeles. Therefore, in the eyes of society at large, their lives don't matter as much as the lives of others. Many of the murder victims were prostitutes...
Major B.S. on you pal...

Have you ever heard of John Floyd Thomas Jr.? I bet you have not.

Sit down kiddo.

And you too bubbo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
...Of course the skin color and status of the victims had a great deal to do with why the case was ignored by LA County...
http://www.insidesocal.com/sb/iecourts/JohnFloydThomas.jpg (broken link)

http://www.insidesocal.com/sb/iecourts/2009/05/ (broken link)

"The victims in all 30 cases under review were older white women, mostly of lower incomes and often widows living alone, Cremins said. All had been sexually assaulted and most were strangled."

JOHN FLOYD THOMAS: LA's Worst Serial Killer Ever

: smack:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Floyd_Thomas,_Jr.

LAPD ties 72-year-old man to two waves of serial killings - Los Angeles Times

Old 07-15-2010, 04:01 AM

Hmmm hmmm hmm laaa deee daaa.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:35 AM

1,936 posts, read 1,828,542 times
I just read on www.adn.com that the sleeper was assaulted by another inmate.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Major B.S. on you pal...

Have you ever heard of John Floyd Thomas Jr.? I bet you have not.
John Thomas' victims were white women living in middle class neighborhoods.

If his victims were black women living in poor neighborhoods, particularly if they were homeless and/or street prostitutes like the Grim Sleeper's victims, he probably would have remained free.

Just like Roman Polanski would have NEVER been arrested if Samantha Geimer instead of being white and living in an upper middle class neighborhood had been black and living in a poor neighborhood, even if he actually was guilty which he wasn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies