Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 02:52 PM

932 posts, read 1,677,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
"Why" is irrelevant. She did it, that's all that matters. That's why she no longer has a job.

If this were Mildred Nobody from Nowhere Township, then this particular tirade wouldn't have garnered any attention. But this was a government official who 1) Acted discriminantly against a white farmer, and 2) Felt it was worth relating to a black organization for kicks.

She doesn't get a free pass.
What part don't you understand? SHE DID NOT WORK FOR THE USDA at the time! sheesh!

Old 07-20-2010, 02:53 PM

47 posts, read 35,005 times
Quote:
"Why" is irrelevant. She did it, that's all that matters. That's why she no longer has a job.

She doesn't get a free pass.
So you admit you're overreacting, considering she's friends with the white farmer. True racists are not friends with people of different races.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:54 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
What is wrong with u dude?...She didn't work for the USDA when this happened...so she was not in a position of power as she was....it was when she worked for a non-profit....

I don't agree with what she did, but I have enough logic to realize the whole context of this story is not in the 38 sec. worth of video. Even the white farmer's wife said they were very good friends....

Most of you are reacting off of emotion...never thought that a black person would actually have the audacity to think about what her own experience was when she was dealing with this white farmer...

I know from my interactions with white people on CD will make me think twice when I interact with white people in public.

and for the record there are 3 white women that I love with all of my heart and have played instrumental parts in my life.
Can she recount telling that same story to a room full of white people? If it had such an impact on her life, then surely there's record of her recounting it more than this one time, right? I highly doubt it. Why? Because the story, as told, would not go over well with a white audience. Everyone with a level-head knows this. That's why it's controversial.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Communist Data View Post
So you admit you're overreacting, considering she's friends with the white farmer. True racists are not friends with people of different races.

He/she is overreacting by ignoring the FACTS and just going off of emotion. Some people are just not able to make a logical argument when it comes to race. They can never produce any fact due to most of there rants being their pre-conceived notions and are already racist at heart.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
No, i'm not over-reacting. She admitted that she didn't respond with the full force of her abilities. Why? Because he was white. That's all I need to know. That's all anyone needs to know, including those who forced her to resign.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
He/she is overreacting by ignoring the FACTS and just going off of emotion. Some people are just not able to make a logical argument when it comes to race. They can never produce any fact due to most of there rants being their pre-conceived notions and are already racist at heart.
No, i'm not over-reacting. She admitted that she didn't respond with the full force of her abilities. Why? Because he was white. That's all I need to know. That's all anyone needs to know, including those who forced her to resign.

If I told you to get away from me and go associate "with one of your own," you'd probably get a little upset.

She gets no free pass. Sorry.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:01 PM

47 posts, read 35,005 times
Quote:
The funny thing is you think this is so outrageous, when in reality she's not a racist and compared to the amount of REAL racists out there this is smaller than a drop in the bucket. There tends to be a grasping for black racists on this forum. Let me guess you think Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are "racists". LOL

Old 07-20-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Can she recount telling that same story to a room full of white people? If it had such an impact on her life, then surely there's record of her recounting it more than this one time, right? I highly doubt it. Why? Because the story, as told, would not go over well with a white audience. Everyone with a level-head knows this. That's why it's controversial.
I'm watching CNN now and she is on there telling how she has said the same story of how she said this speech other times.

Her point that she wanted to get across was that 24 years ago she felt this way however, now she realizes it was wrong and has corrected that wrong...she has been friends with the family for many years....

However people like you have no logic, and are only bent on the controversy. I bet Mark Williams has no black friends what so ever...

Old 07-20-2010, 03:02 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Why do you always seem so offended by these things? You come off like you're trying very hard to find racism facing whites and the occasional black outburst justifies that Blacks are the most racist people on earth.
I said it before and I will say it again. There is a conspiracy of like minds to make blacks out to be as racist as whites. Many white people feel a sense of shame and guilt about their history in regards to race. They don't want to appear as "abnormal" or morally inferior (this is why they always want to talk about how blacks sold their own people....to balance or offset whites role in the slave trade and slavery). Moreover, today to be seen as a racist means that one is basically considered a low life or a person to be looked at negatively. Also, current examples of white racism only gives justification to black cries of racism and discrimination and hence validates people like Jackson and Sharpton, as well as, programs like Affirmative Action that seeks to offset the impact of racism and discrimnation.

In light of that, by spreading the notion that black racism is rampant and the equivalent of white racism, it helps whites feel less shame because they no longer feel morally inferior and abnormal in this behavior. It also helps to invalidate Affirmative Action if one believes that black racism holds back whites just as much as white racism holds back blacks. In othe words....its a wash because everyone does it. Then they use black racism to discredit black leadership saying that things are "double standards".

Now what you appear to have is conservative individuals going SEARCHING for stories to use to show examples of "black racism" to help propogate the movement.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:

If I told you to get away from me and go associate "with one of your own," you'd probably get a little upset.

She gets no free pass. Sorry.
Yea I see thats all you need to know...

It says so much more about you than anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies