Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 07:54 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I've served. And the bottom line is that squeamishness has to take a back seat to allowing gays to serve with honor in a time of war. Our country needs them.
I honor every soldier that serves and every veteran that has served...I know some serving now and I know lots of veterans...I have a nephew that was in the first wave in to Baghdad...

Old 06-23-2007, 08:03 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
I served three years active duty in the Army.....I was stationed at Fort Hood Texas most of the time and I served thirteen months in South Korea.

And just how does your husband know that there are several gays serving on his sub, did he ask did they tell ? Does he or they do not understand what the Do not ask do not tell policy means ?

If he asked he needs to be relieved of his command and busted in rank for not following military policy of Do not ask do not tell.

And if your husband is even in the Navy still gives you no right to tell anyone to get over it.

Give me the name of the sub he serves on (if he does) and I will report him myself to the Department of the Navy for not following military policy...

If he can't even uphold the rules he gave oath to he has no business being an officer !!!!

And what do ya'll do, sit around the Officers club talking about gays in the Navy ? """Most officers you know think it's ok!!!""" And do you tell the other Officers that don't agree with you to find another table ?

I cannot wait to see the response to these question.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:58 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
Quote:
I served three years active duty in the Army.....I was stationed at Fort Hood Texas most of the time and I served thirteen months in South Korea.

And just how does your husband know that there are several gays serving on his sub, did he ask did they tell ? Does he or they do not understand what the Do not ask do not tell policy means ?

If he asked he needs to be relieved of his command and busted in rank for not following military policy of Do not ask do not tell.

And if your husband is even in the Navy still gives you no right to tell anyone to get over it.

Give me the name of the sub he serves on (if he does) and I will report him myself to the Department of the Navy for not following military policy...

If he can't even uphold the rules he gave oath to he has no business being an officer !!!!

And what do ya'll do, sit around the Officers club talking about gays in the Navy ? """Most officers you know think it's ok!!!""" And do you tell the other Officers that don't agree with you to find another table ?

I'll give a response. That is insane. You would report an officer serving honorably because he may know somebody in the military that is gay? We are AT WAR people, and you are worried about getting the coodies? Nice priorities. You people scare me.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:17 PM

Quote:
I'll give a response. That is insane. You would report an officer serving honorably because he may know somebody in the military that is gay? We are AT WAR people, and you are worried about getting the coodies? Nice priorities. You people scare me.
Have you ever been in the military ? Let me explain something if you haven't...If you can't trust your learders (officers) to follow the rules then why would you follow their orders? The military is built on rules and trust. Read everything before you ask a question or make a statement ? If you did you would know what I was talking about...

Last edited by texanborn; 06-23-2007 at 09:30 PM..

Old 06-23-2007, 10:00 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
Check your earlier post. Yes I've served. Still think your priorities are insane, sorry.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Check your earlier post. Yes I've served. Still think your priorities are insane, sorry.
Like I said you need to go back and read eveything before you comment. You might just find out what I was talking about. After you do then you will know what my priorities are. If you need me to I will go back and copy and paste it for you.

I guess you don't remember that you wrote this !

""They are people living scrunched together with no privacy. I do understand how it could be uncomfortable for someone if they knew the guy living 1 foot away from him were gay.""

Last edited by texanborn; 06-23-2007 at 11:31 PM..

Old 06-24-2007, 12:28 AM

467 posts, read 325,039 times
Quote:

While this tit for tat with you is fun and everything I think you need to take a deep breath and try to see the world from another perspective... You are quite right - my husband doesn't ASK and most people don't TELL, but there are quite a few of our acquaintances who, once out of the Navy, have become quite open in discussing how they felt as gay men IN the Navy. THey were proud and honored to serve their country and, astonishingly, never were found out to be gay while in. This might be because they don't shake hands with people and say "I'm Fred and I'm gay" - they just do their jobs and none have had sexual harassment charges brought against them either.

You can not believe my husband is in the Navy if it keeps you warm at night.

I thank you for your service, Texanborn, and I applaud the sacrifices your family made while you were away. I hope you applaud them as well and I hope you have some appreciation for what they must have endured while you were away for those 3 years. I'm sure it wasn't easy on them and I would hate to think you dismiss their sacrifice as easily as you do mine and my children's. It doesn't seem to jive with your very patriotic stance on most issues to denigrate the tough times our military families endure in order for their husbands, wives, fathers, mothers, sisters, and brothers to go away to war.

Cheers.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:12 AM

467 posts, read 325,039 times
I forgot to add a few points:

1) considering your dire threat of "outing" my husband it probably wouldn't be a good idea for me to tell you what boat he is on, right?
2) Yes, we do all sit around discussing a wide variety of issues ranging from who is sleeping with whom to who is gay to when is your baby do and even religious and, gasp, political issues.
3) I doubt my husband would have risen to the tippy top of his rather unique, difficult and pressure driven field if his superiors didn't have faith in his judgment. As a soon to be Executive Officer - he has the respect of his peers for not making silly snap judgments about other people that would negatively impact the morale of his men. Now, if one of the guys DID offend someone or make another person uncomfortable with lewd suggestions (beyond the norm, this is the baudy Navy after all) then he would of course take the appropriate measures because sexual harassment IS sexual harassment whether perpetrated by men or women.
4) Um, no - we don't send people away who don't agree with us. That would make us no better than, um...
5) You are absolutely right about my not having the "right" to say get over it. I'm sorry that was so offensive to you. I personally can't see how you could be offended by such a weak comment, but I apologize again.

I'm sorry your feelings were hurt when I questioned your right to have your opinion on this topic. That was completely wrong of me and I do sincerely apologize.

Again, Cheers.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:39 AM

356 posts, read 1,179,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post

Quote:
aLL CRIME IS DERIVED FROM SOME FORM OF HATE
This is totally wrong.....

Old 06-24-2007, 02:12 AM

356 posts, read 1,179,647 times
[quote=texanborn;939333]
Quote:

Many of our great military leaders were "outside" of policy at times, should all of them have been busted? Patton, Sherman, Grant, John Paul Jones, Haley,
Ted Roosevelt, to name a few.

Your comments towards the Naval Wife were rude and totally uncalled for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies