Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 07:22 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,396,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Like anyone has a choice? Get real. It's totally meaningless.
It was just a question. No need for you to get so snippy. Besides you do have a choice. Don't pay with cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
Doesn't reflect my personal belief. It states what the gov't trusts, not what I trust.
Ahhh that makes sense. I guess I was looking at the "we" on it as the same as the "I" in the pledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
Let's get rid of that class time devoted to the pledge and start class 2 minutes earlier, or make a tutoring time in the morning for kids to get help.
How much tutoring could be done in the 2 minutes it take to say it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 07:42 AM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,100,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post

How much tutoring could be done in the 2 minutes it take to say it?
I do know hey sure could use that time to get the kids sat down and books opened. Just adds another distraction

Old 07-25-2010, 08:26 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,162,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
Yes, other children who do not care to take part in this pledge are allowed to sit in the hall while the rest of the class Pledges allegience.

So much for the "one nation, indivisible" part eh?

Old 07-25-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
Just remember not to call "Him" for help when your in a really bad situation. Call "mommy" instead!
Excellent advice. Calling "mommy" for help has a far better chance of getting results.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I recite the Pledge, as amended, with great pride and knowing that although I don't have to recite it, this GREAT country has had men and women fight and die to give me the freedoms to decide to say the pledge or not.

I Pledge Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America. And, to the Republic for which it Stands, One Nation, Under God, Indivisible with Liberty and Justice for all.

God Bless America.

If the pledge was "amended" (i.e. hijacked) with "Under Allah" or "Under Buddha" I bet you'd be singing a different tune.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:33 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,300,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
If the pledge was "amended" (i.e. hijacked) with "Under Allah" or "Under Buddha" I bet you'd be singing a different tune.
But until or unless that happens, your suggestion is moot.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:36 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,774,059 times
Quote:
I recite the Pledge, as amended, with great pride and knowing that although I don't have to recite it, this GREAT country has had men and women fight and die to give me the freedoms to decide to say the pledge or not.

I Pledge Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America. And, to the Republic for which it Stands, One Nation, Under God, Indivisible with Liberty and Justice for all.

God Bless America.
Under who's god? I'm sure there have been many an atheist and agnostic who have fought for our country.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:46 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,300,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Under who's god? I'm sure there have been many an atheist and agnostic who have fought for our country.
You might be surprised - there is a saying that there are no atheists or agnostics in a fox hole. In a fire fight - even the most fervent NON-believers find religion. Its amazing.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
But until or unless that happens, your suggestion is moot.
it isn't moot because it HAS already happened - just with the Christian God instead of Allah. Obviously the irony of my point went over your pointed little head.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:48 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,091,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
what a sad horrible life some people live........ with so much hate for this country..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies