Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2010, 10:04 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Hmm. Maybe Christian churches shouldn't be built on or near Indian reservations or concentration camps in Germany..
Maybe you meant Nazi sponsored Community Centers should not be built near the death camps in Germany. It wouldn't really make any difference, would it, if "everyone is welcome".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 10:20 AM

11,253 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You'd probably be surprised to know that there are Christian churches that most definitely do NOT want entanglement of church and state, for many good reasons.
Quote:
Maybe you meant Nazi sponsored Community Centers should not be built near the death camps in Germany. It wouldn't really make any difference, would it, if "everyone is welcome".
Don't waste your time arguing with QH. Atheists could not care less about Islams cause, as they have contempt for ALL religions. He, as well as other atheists, use the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" approach to this situation. If it has anything to do with Republicans, conservatives, Christianity, or wholesome family values, they will try to cut it down, even if it means taking the side of another religion for the sake of their particular argument.

As Islam tries to push Shariah Law further into our society, atheists will be at the forefront to bash them. The situation will be different then, of course.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:29 AM

957 posts, read 1,133,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Since when are we Saudi Arabia. I thought our country had more freedom than they have there. Guess I was wrong.
Cops use pistols , just like criminals , yet this doesn't mean they're criminals.

The reasonin' "since they do that then we gotta don't do that" is fallacious.

I don't think you would object to a cop using his pistol by saying "it's only the criminals who do that and we must not become criminals".

It wouldn't work in the real life...

Old 07-25-2010, 10:57 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
That's a boring strawman argument that appeals to certain types. It is elementary and should be ignored.

Again, what part of erecting a Mosque in that particular location is against the law or the COTUS?

Why not just open up a bbq joint next to it? That's also within the rights of whoever buys/leases the nearby property.

That's what makes America great, we have freedom.

I 'm going to open a gun store across the street from Columbine high school.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:10 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
LOL! Boy, that would cause a local and media stir!

Old 07-25-2010, 11:13 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Don't waste your time arguing with QH. Atheists could not care less about Islams cause, as they have contempt for ALL religions. He, as well as other atheists, use the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" approach to this situation. If it has anything to do with Republicans, conservatives, Christianity, or wholesome family values, they will try to cut it down, even if it means taking the side of another religion for the sake of their particular argument.

As Islam tries to push Shariah Law further into our society, atheists will be at the forefront to bash them. The situation will be different then, of course.
And those espousing Sharia Law will try use our American freedom to subjugate us to their law.

That is what the Turkish woman, I met 15 years ago!, meant by, "You are losing your freedom by your freedom."

Old 07-25-2010, 12:30 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,160,218 times
Quote:
No, I'm pretty sure I meant Christian churches considering both Hitler and Nazi Germany were thoroughly Christian.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...CsLfDawB1nNlY=
Nazi belt buckle declaring "GOD WITH US"

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord." -Adolf Hitler

Moderator cut: Copyright violation -- please post a link and a "snippet" only, per the Terms of Service.

Hitler's Christianity

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-25-2010 at 03:11 PM..

Old 07-25-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Don't waste your time arguing with QH. Atheists could not care less about Islams cause, as they have contempt for ALL religions. He, as well as other atheists, use the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" approach to this situation.
And you, like all your little hardline conservative Christer brethren live in the black and white world of "if you aren't Christian you are by default an atheist".

Hate to burst your little bubble but I'm not an atheist; I'm a Deist - you know, like the most influential Founding Fathers of this nation?

Quote:
If it has anything to do with Republicans, conservatives, Christianity, or wholesome family values, they will try to cut it down,
On the contrary, I am all for wholesome family values. Real ones - not the fake ones conservatives like to pay lip service to, which are nothing more than a cover for bigotry and backwards puritanical ignorance.

Quote:
even if it means taking the side of another religion for the sake of their particular argument.
Or defending another religion against Christian hypocrisy and bigotry.

Quote:
Yes, by then perhaps the armies of reason will have enough strength and numbers to keep the Islamo fascists from meddling with freedom and civilization's progress just as we are taming the Christian's long stranglehold on the same.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Interesting analogy - that would be akin to opening an airport near the World Trade Center. Oh wait..

Old 07-25-2010, 12:51 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times
Quote:
Go for it. If you can get it approved more power to you. And yes I know what happened at Columbine High School but last time I checked that was TWO PEOPLE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies