Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2010, 03:55 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,940 times

Advertisements

Beck has been on Fox News for about a year and a half now and has been very successful from the start. At the start of it, Rush was friendly with Beck and even Hannity said welcome aboard. Since then though, its been a very different story.

Rush has mocked Beck though not really by name.

Hannity wont let Beck's name come out of his mouth ever. He's gone as far to ban people from posting in his forum if they mention the name Glenn Beck while Hannity is on the air. He does out of his way to leave Becks name out of things where clearly he deserves mention.

Levin has mocked Beck since he truly showed he was going to be successful on Fox News, often being really childish about it.

I think part of it has to do with Beck is not a Republican. Sure, the liberal media says he is and says hes Conservative, though anyone that listens to Beck knows he's a Libertarian.
The biggest thing is has to be jealousy. Its clear to anyone that listens to Levin or Hannity, they basically are Rush's brown nosers. They all mention each others names and how great they are. Hannity is jealous of ratings, I think that's all he cares about. So much so that he will go out of his way to never utter the words Beck nor even defend him. So naturally Levin does his part and bashes Beck. Rush must have a tiny bit of jealousy that someone else in his business or radio politics has come along and stole the spotlight. Beck is more feared by Obama Admin and is the new mosted hated man by the Left.

While I do like Rush and use to like the other two, I think if they cared anything for what they do or say they believe in, they wouldnt act the way they do toward Beck. If anyone has shown they have a passion for what they do and what they say they believe, its Beck. Hes gone on air and called out to these guys to ask why the hate and if hes said anything wrong toward them, they can call and hell discuss it and apologize.

So anyways, youd think if people like Levin and Hannity hate Beck, that non-republicans would side with Beck. But I guess Beck exposing the ugliness behind the Obama admin worries them more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 05:40 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,922,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Beck has been on Fox News for about a year and a half now and has been very successful from the start. At the start of it, Rush was friendly with Beck and even Hannity said welcome aboard. Since then though, its been a very different story.

Rush has mocked Beck though not really by name.

Hannity wont let Beck's name come out of his mouth ever. He's gone as far to ban people from posting in his forum if they mention the name Glenn Beck while Hannity is on the air. He does out of his way to leave Becks name out of things where clearly he deserves mention.

Levin has mocked Beck since he truly showed he was going to be successful on Fox News, often being really childish about it.

I think part of it has to do with Beck is not a Republican. Sure, the liberal media says he is and says hes Conservative, though anyone that listens to Beck knows he's a Libertarian.
The biggest thing is has to be jealousy. Its clear to anyone that listens to Levin or Hannity, they basically are Rush's brown nosers. They all mention each others names and how great they are. Hannity is jealous of ratings, I think that's all he cares about. So much so that he will go out of his way to never utter the words Beck nor even defend him. So naturally Levin does his part and bashes Beck. Rush must have a tiny bit of jealousy that someone else in his business or radio politics has come along and stole the spotlight. Beck is more feared by Obama Admin and is the new mosted hated man by the Left.

While I do like Rush and use to like the other two, I think if they cared anything for what they do or say they believe in, they wouldnt act the way they do toward Beck. If anyone has shown they have a passion for what they do and what they say they believe, its Beck. Hes gone on air and called out to these guys to ask why the hate and if hes said anything wrong toward them, they can call and hell discuss it and apologize.

So anyways, youd think if people like Levin and Hannity hate Beck, that non-republicans would side with Beck. But I guess Beck exposing the ugliness behind the Obama admin worries them more.
Unfortunately Beck's honesty and airing Obama's dirty laundry and calling him what he is, a racist, is causing him to lose advertisers

Old 07-25-2010, 05:47 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,044,413 times
As far as Levin, I think it has to do with Beck being more mainstream than him. I like Levin, but he is acting like a child.

As for Hannity, he is now the 3rd most talked about person on FOX News.

I don't think Rush really cares.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:50 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,922,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I don't think Rush really cares.
Especially when Rush has the highest ratings on talk radio, period. And that's more than 10 million listeners

Old 07-25-2010, 06:46 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,325,731 times
IMO professional jealousy is involved. Beck hasn't been on the radio that long and he has charged up Arbitrons ratings list.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:00 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,940 times
My biggest gripe about all this is, if these guys truly believed what they preach, there wouldnt be this jealousy thing going on.
Rush, I love the guy and give him credit for a lot of what he speaks, but seems to me its just a small day job to him. Do the 3 hours and thats it. Mostly all opinion based, whether he is right a lot of the times or not. He doesnt put a lot of time/effort into it it seems when he isnt there.

Levin. Partly backing his pal Hannity and jealousy. I use to like him but his whiny shtick got old. Then his daily bashing of "the 5 pm'er" (what he calls Beck) , I just had enough of.

Hannity. Number one reason has to be ratings/jealousy.

These guys for the most part believe along the same lines. Beck is definitely more Libertarian and will go after both sides in a heart beat, but the theme among all of them is usually along the same lines to a degree. Beck has no hate or animosity towards them and has reached out to them, only to continue to get treated the way he does. I dont get it. I guess for the other three, its all about ratings and how big an enemy you are to the Left. Beck is number one right now and i guess that bothers them more than it matters to stand together for the common goals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies