Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 04:46 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,772,227 times

Advertisements

IMO it means "hope" we get "change" soon and Obama will be gone....

This "change" has only be bad and will become worse by the day....

I wonder how others experience the "hope & change"....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 06:32 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,532,547 times
A hook to draw the down trodden to the Pied Piper.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:09 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,363,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

“Hope and Change” is as ambiguous as it appears. It’s just like all of Obama's positions, vague and overstated; as empty as words can be.
“Hope” is something we all have, without “hope” we see no future. So, to offer “hope” to a class of citizens who feel their government has diminished all chances of it is a big deal! Mosses gave his people hope(Then wondered the desert for 40years).
“Change” is inevitable yet Obama can promise this under the pretense that his change will be good without ever saying that. Just like “Hope”, “Change” is just as ambiguous but no matter what happens change is what you will get.
Obama’s whole campaign was based off of the people’s self justifying beliefs as if to say, “Obama will give me what I deserve (HOPE) and stop the man from screwing me over (CHANGE)” (which is a misguided belief anyway). A lot of Americans felt this way even if in the backs of their minds they knew this was hogwash. They felt there could be, even if it was in their wild imagination, a chance for this.
But in the real world, Obama hides his true beliefs under the cloak of “Change” and “Hopes” the majority of his (fooled) supporters will never figure it out on their own.
As I have said before, Obama’s “Hope and Change” is under the pretense that the citizens see him as an equal, as a blue collar, as a fellow citizen, as a man trying to make ends meet and as a man who is tired of being bullied by big government and big business. But, Obama is really none of those, he is big government, he is big business and the whole while still acting as if some other force is creating these problems for America when it is his doing. He is the creator of chaos appearing to be the rescuer from it.

“Hope and Change” is for the desperate unwilling to put forth effort.
“Achievement and Prosperity” is for those who do not wait for others to act on their behalf.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:15 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Lots of threads on this same topic, right here in P&OC.

Barack Obama Has Forever Neutralized The Words "Hope" and "Change", Politics and Other Controversies Forum, 31 replies
Obama's "hope and change" scam, Politics and Other Controversies Forum, 28 replies
So, How's Obama's "Hope" and "Change" working out for you?, Politics and Other Controversies Forum, 41 replies

Old 07-27-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
“Hope and Change” is as ambiguous as it appears. It’s just like all of Obama's positions, vague and overstated; as empty as words can be.
“Hope and Change” is for the desperate unwilling to put forth effort.
“Achievement and Prosperity” is for those who do not wait for others to act on their behalf.
I agree. People who don't want to work and achieve on their own hope someone will come along and improve their lives for them.

I guess to some extent those on the unemployment bandwagon must be pleased with him.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:05 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
i have my own definition of hope and change right now;

i hope that i will have some change left when obama finishes screwing up this country.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i have my own definition of hope and change right now;

i hope that i will have some change left when obama finishes screwing up this country.
Too funny!

Old 07-27-2010, 11:07 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
It was nothing but a CROCK OF ---- those that fell for this line, have blinders on for sure. With Obama there is no hope.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:17 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,783,157 times
Quote:

It means "More Taxes and Continuing Some Failed Policies"

Old 07-27-2010, 11:29 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,620,504 times
Quote:

Apparently it means bad economy, high unemployment, and lots of new government regulations regarding health care, finances, and the environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies