Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 04:30 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,163,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
This must be driving the libs up a wall. Most of them assume all gays are liberal about everything, it kills them when one does take a stand that might not be considered politically correct by them..

Nita
Yes, I have not been able to sleep or think about anything else. It has permeated my life. I have resorted to taking tranquilizers. I have a recurring nightmare that Elton John and Sarah Palin switch eyeglasses and he claims that he can see Arizona from his house in Berkshire, England.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 04:34 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,536,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yes, I have not been able to sleep or think about anything else. It has permeated my life. I have resorted to taking tranquilizers.
So sorry for you.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:36 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,201,386 times
Sir Elton probably meant the CA remark in the fact that he is married ...

I don't remember him excoriating Bush -- unlike the extremely tacky remark Sir Paul made a couple of months ago at an official event.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:45 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,163,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Sir Elton probably meant the CA remark in the fact that he is married ...

I don't remember him excoriating Bush -- unlike the extremely tacky remark Sir Paul made a couple of months ago at an official event.
He actually did not even take a stand on the immigration issue at all. He merely stated that he did not feel that musicians should boycot by refusing to perform in scheduled concerts. Really a non story if you bother to read the link.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:58 PM

37,971 posts, read 17,916,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He's nuts. He also said, "as a gay man in California, I have absolutely no rights whatsoever". Huh? Maybe some of you admirers can tell us what he means, because I certainly don't understand him.

All of those decades of drug and alcohol abuse have led to brain damage. I guess that's what it takes for someone who is anti-gay to admire a homosexual.
He could be referring to the rights for gays to get married being stolen from them. The government has no right to take that away from gays. It is up to the Church to marry individuals not the government.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:01 PM

27,205 posts, read 15,378,459 times
Made my day to hear him express this opinion.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:46 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,008,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I see that certain types throw their own kind to the wolves if they don't think EXACTLY like them.
Isn't that the truth with the Left?

Elton is a perfect example of the Left's divisiveness.

Same can be said for the majority of Left-wing groups and organizations - if you stray at all from the platform, you're an uncle Tom, betrayer, nut.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:15 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,025,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
First he plays for Limbaugh, now this, I must say I am starting to gain a little respect for this guy..........Elton John slams musicians who boycott Arizona over immigration law, report says « Entertainment

he's a money hoe plain and simple. He shouldn't have even brought that up at his concert. If he is against the boycott, he has the option to play in ariz. BUt he shouldn't put down those who follow their conscience and are true to themselves. just for the record, I am against any boycott of ariz. but i'm not boastful about it. I think that EJ is a wicked queeny gay that picks on others because he's deep down insecure about himself and his sexuality, and uses his $$ to compensate. He stood in complete hypocrisy for gays in calif to obtain civil marriage rights when he and his partner were able to obtain a partnership in England.

Last edited by wehotex; 07-27-2010 at 06:23 PM..

Old 07-27-2010, 06:17 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,025,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Because people like to generalize. We all do it.

Prior to his performing for Limbaugh, he probably would have seen Elton John as he sees all homosexuals - as undesirables. But now that he's come out against same-sex marriage and associates with Rush Limbaugh, he's an acceptable homo to religious conservatives.
you got that right.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:44 PM

52,791 posts, read 34,663,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Isn't that the truth with the Left?

Elton is a perfect example of the Left's divisiveness.

Same can be said for the majority of Left-wing groups and organizations - if you stray at all from the platform, you're an uncle Tom, betrayer, nut.
Don't forget drug addict/alcohol abuser.
Poor elton done got run over by the leftist homosexual school transportation vehicle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies