Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 10:47 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,904,704 times

Advertisements

Nothing excites me more than watching exploding breast implants !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 10:51 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,417,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARGE View Post
So called "rappers" that laugh and sing about "bustin a cap in a policeman's head" in their filth that passes as pop-culture "music". Said "music" which is then spoon fed to children in prime-time and glorified as a pathway to fame, fortune, and social acceptance.

Need I continue?
then again you didn't continue , maybe if you do you'll talk about the hardcore rock music that talks about death , suicide and drug usage.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:08 PM

271 posts, read 1,668,743 times
Would you guys agree that society breeds mass violence?

Would you guys agree that "society created the monster by being the monster"?

Take school bullying and school shootings, for example. In these cases, a kid is pushed too far by his tormentors and commits a massacre.

Monsters created the monster?

In other words- Is the perpetrator solely at fault? Or is society at fault? Or could it inherently be both?

What do you guys think?

Old 08-02-2010, 07:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
it means we gota handle on white KKK but not black KKK. we domesticated wasps but not the rest.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:21 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,994,605 times
America is a Culture of Violence because we believe that force and including deadly force is an appropriate means to solve our problems both on an individual scale and on a global scale. The image of the American confidently striding with his Colt 45 in hand is etched in the collective mind of this world.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:24 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
America is a Culture of Violence because we believe that force and including deadly force is an appropriate means to solve our problems both on an individual scale and on a global scale. The image of the American confidently striding with his Colt 45 in hand is etched in the collective mind of this world.
force = violence = terrorism

Old 08-03-2010, 12:26 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,790,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Play video games much? It's "fun" to blast people (or creatures) into little puddles of red ooze, didn't you know that?

Yes we have a culture of violence. I am HORRIFIED every time I turn on a television set (which is exceedingly rare). It seems that every show on the air is about murder these days. No wonder the masses feel that killing is somehow de rigueur.

20yrsinBranson
Action adventure sure is gruesome anymore. It's gotten worse over the years. Dramatic license needs to be revoked.

Reminds me of nasty newspapers in mexico that show all the bloody details of naked bodies in photos. The papers sell like hotcakes and it too is a very violent culture. Feeding the appetites of vulgar never satisfies. Just gets them addicted.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:17 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,281,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
you walk into a bar, and spill someones drink on them by accident...whats gonna happen?

you cut someone off on the highway and see them following you...what might happen?

you sell something on craigslist and invite them to your home...what might happen?

you don't own a gun and your acquaintances know it...what might happen?

you witness a murder...what might happen?

they might come and kill you.

Boozing 27 year-old chokes mom over WoW

Jackson Attuso, 8, Has Throat Slit by 16-Year-Old Trevor Reese While Riding His Bike - True Crime Report

thats what the "culture of violence" means.

we are no longer a peaceful society. i keep my .45 in my glove box, and a 9mil under my pillow.
You should keep your .45 on your hip!

Old 08-03-2010, 04:21 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,077,045 times
Watch the movie "Bowling for Columbine" and it will be pretty clear.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:23 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,077,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Money is the root of all evil.
No, LACK of money is the root of all evil. Poor money is innocent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies