Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 05:49 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually yes, thats how the nation is setup.. Dont we have 500 in Washington that speak for 310M now?
I don't if you know this....but they are ELECTED to speak on our behalf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 05:49 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,282 times
Watch the court laugh this frivolous junk law suit out of court at the first opportunity. The truth is you can file a lawsuit alleging anything but most of them get tossed out for being baseless.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:53 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Does ELECTING these individuals to speak on our behalf, mean we lose our constitutional authority to fight what they do? NO..

Btw, we dont elect them to speak on our behalf, The Senate is elected to speak on the states behalf, (i.e. they used to be unelected positions), and the House is elected to speak on behalf of the nation.. Not us as individuals. The Courts are nominated to keep the other divisions in check, and you cant elect away that right..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Watch the court laugh this frivolous junk law suit out of court at the first opportunity. The truth is you can file a lawsuit alleging anything but most of them get tossed out for being baseless.
Maybe you havent heard but the one filed by Virginia based upon the same merits is proceeding..

Old 08-03-2010, 05:56 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
They arent speaking on our behalf anymore. They are speaking on their own behalf. They are actually snubbing the citizens they are elected to represent and doing whatever they think is best. That is not their job.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:57 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,250 times
Quote:
Does ELECTING these individuals to speak on our behalf, mean we lose our constitutional authority to fight what they do? NO..

Btw, we dont elect them to speak on our behalf, The Senate is elected to speak on the states behalf, (i.e. they used to be unelected positions), and the House is elected to speak on behalf of the nation.. Not us as individuals. The Courts are nominated to keep the other divisions in check, and you cant elect away that right..

Maybe you havent heard but the one filed by Virginia based upon the same merits is proceeding..
I'll be sure to keep you're little diatribe in mind, WHEN I'M VOTING for MY REPRESENTATIVES.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:59 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
I'll be sure to keep you're little diatribe in mind, WHEN I'M VOTING for MY REPRESENTATIVES.
Your voting for the representative to represent YOUR STATE.. NOT YOU.

If it was to represent YOU, then by definition they would vote what you tell them to vote for.. I doubt they do, unless you have a red phone on your desk with a hotline directly to your representative..

Old 08-03-2010, 06:03 PM

90 posts, read 87,331 times
Quote:
Actually yes, thats how the nation is setup.. Dont we have 500 in Washington that speak for 310M now?
We have 535 Members of Congress, House and Senate Combined. Most of these predatory politicians are in for themselves.

The precious checks and balances put into place have been all but erased. The concept of limited government is dead and buried. We are back to being subjects of the crown.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:09 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
Great to see Americans stepping up to fight the Commerce Clause. I believe it also had 26,000 signatures from American citizens is why it was that many pages.
The lawsuit is itself only 7 pages long.

The "signatures" go for 277 pages... roughly 100 names to a page, so that's what? 27,000 names? And here's the best part:

You have to pay to get your name on the list.

So the guy creates a pathetic 7 page pretend lawsuit, and charges over 25,000 people to get their names on the list?

LOL... gotta tell you, as scam's go, that one's a doozy! They guy absolutely should be in congress. After all, that's what he's running for right?

Old 08-03-2010, 06:11 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Thats the preliminary briefing, not the full document. they video shows all 284 pages..
"Preliminary briefing?" You mean the actual lawsuit.

The signatures account for the other 277 pages.

You just can't make this stuff up!

Old 08-03-2010, 06:53 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
The lawsuit is itself only 7 pages long.

The "signatures" go for 277 pages... roughly 100 names to a page, so that's what? 27,000 names? And here's the best part:

You have to pay to get your name on the list.

So the guy creates a pathetic 7 page pretend lawsuit, and charges over 25,000 people to get their names on the list?

LOL... gotta tell you, as scam's go, that one's a doozy! They guy absolutely should be in congress. After all, that's what he's running for right?

Just went to the website and joined. You don not HAVE to pay. It says $1 covers the costs of amending the suit to add your name. Doesn't anybody READ anymore????

This is a great follow up to yesterdays victory in Virginia!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies