Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 05:45 AM

17,446 posts, read 14,686,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You're right. The only way I would believe the Tea Party does not support racism nor are racists is if they would quit proudly carrying signs which all but proclaim it is and they are!
So you're saying the people participating in the video in the first post are racists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 07:23 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
So you're saying the people participating in the video in the first post are racists?
I'm saying if the shoe fits wear it. The TP seemed to bring out the "inner racist" in a lot of people. It's only been recently that the TP has been trying to tone that down.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:39 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,854,200 times
Quote:
I'm saying if the shoe fits wear it. The TP seemed to bring out the "inner racist" in a lot of people. It's only been recently that the TP has been trying to tone that down.
Oh please what a load The tea party has been defending that its not about race since the start. Due to its not like you all just started calling people that doesnt agree with you all or Obama racist.

The moment that Obama won the nom and became the democrat running for president if you didnt support him it was due to race. So lets not sit here and pretend that the tea party just now started to deny they are racist

When you all go after the many racist inside the democrat party then and only then can you all lecture any other group about racism in their group.

Ya'll are doing more harm then good. I'm telling you all. The racial tensions are high in this country and accusing people of being racist for no reason is creating harm. Its also going to make people ignore the real acts of racism out there because the left is making everything racist

Its becoming the little boy that cried racism.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:

I just want to make sure I understand you correctly - you believe the black Tea Party members that were posted in the first video are racists?

If you could stop hopping around the answer and give me a direct yes or no, I would appreciate it.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I just want to make sure I understand you correctly - you believe the black Tea Party members that were posted in the first video are racists?

If you could stop hopping around the answer and give me a direct yes or no, I would appreciate it.
Since I don't know these people I couldn't give you an answer. I don't usually watch videos b/c my computer doesn't do them very well.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Since I don't know these people I couldn't give you an answer. I don't usually watch videos b/c my computer doesn't do them very well.
So now, you don't know if they're racists.

But before it was "if the shoe fits ..."

Here's a novel idea: Why don't you watch the video in question before you come to the conclusion that they're racists?

Wouldn't that be, oh, I don't know, the right thing to do before casting judgement?

Old 08-10-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
So now, you don't know if they're racists.

But before it was "if the shoe fits ..."

Here's a novel idea: Why don't you watch the video in question before you come to the conclusion that they're racists?

Wouldn't that be, oh, I don't know, the right thing to do before casting judgement?
Well, if you look at my posts, you will see I did not address the issue of the people in the vid. I just told you my computer doesn't do videos well, so it has to be something really special for me to suffer through one. I've seen plenty of Tea Party footage from regular TV.

Here's a novel idea for you: why don't you read people's posts without a political agenda? Maybe you'll get a more accurate idea of what they're saying. I stand by what I've said about the TP, BTW.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Well, if you look at my posts, you will see I did not address the issue of the people in the vid. I just told you my computer doesn't do videos well, so it has to be something really special for me to suffer through one. I've seen plenty of Tea Party footage from regular TV.

Here's a novel idea for you: why don't you read people's posts without a political agenda? Maybe you'll get a more accurate idea of what they're saying. I stand by what I've said about the TP, BTW.
So you believe the people in the video are racists.

Good to know.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
So you believe the people in the video are racists.

Good to know.
Good Lord!

You apparently haven't read my posts for any kind of content; you're just looking at them with your own political agenda in mind. I haven't watched the video! Period. Why are you trying to put words in my mouth, to get me to say something I don't mean or agree with? I guess I have to go through this s-l-o-w-l-y. . .

I think the Tea Party has brought out a lot of people's inner racist. If these peole in this video which I did not watch are carrying racist signs, yes, they are racists. I don't know them.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Good Lord!

You apparently haven't read my posts for any kind of content; you're just looking at them with your own political agenda in mind. I haven't watched the video! Period. Why are you trying to put words in my mouth, to get me to say something I don't mean or agree with? I guess I have to go through this s-l-o-w-l-y. . .

I think the Tea Party has brought out a lot of people's inner racist. If these peole in this video which I did not watch are carrying racist signs, yes, they are racists. I don't know them.
Actually, I've read what you said very carefully.

You said you stood behind what you said about the Tea Party.

Which was that the Tea Party supports racism and are racists.

But now, you say that if these people aren't carrying racists signs, then they're not racist.

How about you stop painting the entire Tea Party with such a broad brush, eh? It's not a racist movement.

Are there whackjobs on the right? Yep. Are there just as many whackjobs on the left? Yep. One or two crazy morons doesn't mean the entire party is made up of crazy morons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies