Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 03:25 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Advertisements

Obama is going to personally pay their mortgages????? LOL, I don't think he has that much money in his bank account. Now if you are saying Obama is going to raid your bank account and everyone else's then I believe that.

I guess people do not know how government works. We are the government and every time politicians dole out money it is our money they are spending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 06:54 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
So we can start looking at you with disgust 4 months after loosing your job?
JK. I wouldn't look at you with disgust even then. Don't worry.
HA. Try I have over 100 months of 'emergency savings.' Don't worry...won't be looking for pity if something happens. Will be looking for a way to put hard work and planning into place. And will look to my family for help first, because that's how we roll.

Look, I get that things happen. I am not trying to sound smarmy or self-righteous. But we keep lowering the bar for personal responsibility...do you honestly think bailing people out over and over teaches them anything? Any good parent knows not getting your kids live with and work through the consequences of their bad decisions leads to idiot kids. Why are you so interested in keeping the population at their current idiotic level? Control? Power? What's going on here?

And why don't y'all get to the truth of the matter? Paying these people's mortgages has NOTHING to do with compassion and everything to do with keeping the economy stable. You let those houses foreclose, and the banks are out money and property values plummet. This is not an "I'm kind and caring and you're a selfish, uncaring a-hole" issue. This is a let's not screw everyone by letting the idiots and jackholes (and some actual misfortunates) fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies