Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 08:37 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times

Advertisements

Uh oh..could we be seeing a crack in the GOP propaganda machine? Or maybe just a lot of their viewers are dying off...after all, the median age of Faux worshipers is above 60..

Quote:
The cable news ratings for the third quarter of 2010 were released today, and Fox News is showing signs of decline as their viewership has decreased by 21%, and their top shows all posted double digit losses, while MSNBC’s shows grew and the network attracted more younger viewers.
Fox News is still dominating the cable news ratings. The network has the top 11 programs in cable news, but there are ominous signs that the empire is starting to crack. Compared to the third quarter of 2009, Fox has lost 21% of their total viewers, and 26% of their younger viewers.

The biggest loser on the network was Bill O’Reilly who saw his program The O’Reilly Factor lose 12% of its total viewers and 21% of its young viewers. Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Bret Baier, and Greta Van Susteren rounded out the top five cable news shows, and they each posted double digit declines
Fox News Viewership Plunges 21% While MSNBC Grows
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 08:40 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Uh oh..could we be seeing a crack in the GOP propaganda machine? Or maybe just a lot of their viewers are dying off...after all, the median age of Faux worshipers is above 60..

Amazing! Even with a double-digit "plunge", they are so far beyond their competition, they are still on top.

Really now, I think Fox has been on top for something like 6 years, can we expect that to continue?

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!

Old 09-30-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Amazing! Even with a double-digit "plunge", they are so far beyond their competition, they are still on top.

Really now, I think Fox has been on top for something like 6 years, can we expect that to continue?

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!
Yes, they're still on top, but their ratings are unquestionably down...particularly among younger people. And with the median age of Faux viewers at 65, that doesn't bode well for the future. I mean, who is going to replace those old Faux News worshiping teabagging types after they're planted?

Old 09-30-2010, 08:55 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Yes, they're still on top, but their ratings are unquestionably down...particularly among younger people. And with the median age of Faux viewers at 65, that doesn't bode well for the future. I mean, who is going to replace those old Faux News worshiping teabagging types after they're planted?
Perverted sex, is that all you ever think about?

Old 09-30-2010, 08:55 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Quote:
I'm 41 and I watch FOX News. I don't watch their prime time shows. I watch their morning and afternoon news shows.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:57 AM

Miss this?

Poll: Bill O'Reilly is popular, but Rachel Maddow is unknown to likely voters - Keach Hagey - POLITICO.com

12% watch MSNBC.

Just proves how irrelevant they have become.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:01 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,713,492 times
The obsession of "progressives" with Fox News continues to amaze me. They are so fearful and resentful that an alternative to the Democrat lickspittle 'mainstream media" exists, and has a large viewing audience.
Not everyone media outlet falls in step with the Anointed One.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:04 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,829,278 times
Quote:

"ominous signs" whoaa........ This is great news, if the trend continues, in approximately 4 years msnbc will have half the viewers fox does. I am one of those people, i dont need to watch Hannity tell me what I already know, I would rather watch the androgynous ones...much to my wifes dismay.......its kind of like watching a gruesome car wreck.., it is so sickening but you cant stop watching!

Old 09-30-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Miss this?

Poll: Bill O'Reilly is popular, but Rachel Maddow is unknown to likely voters - Keach Hagey - POLITICO.com

12% watch MSNBC.

Just proves how irrelevant they have become.
I realize their viewership is higher than MSNBC..but that's not the point.

Fact: Faux's ratings are down.

Can you dispute that in some way or not?

Old 09-30-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet67 View Post
The obsession of "progressives" with Fox News continues to amaze me. They are so fearful and resentful that an alternative to the Democrat lickspittle 'mainstream media" exists, and has a large viewing audience.
Not everyone media outlet falls in step with the Anointed One.
The Left absolutely hates the notion the Fox consistently challenges the narrative and talking points of obama, the Left and the liberal MSM.

They would just love it if only their "side" of a story were presented as fact and truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies