Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 09:09 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times

Advertisements

Sure, Fox viewers will eventually die off and then register with the Democratic Party but the average age of MSNBC viewers is 59.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 09:14 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet67 View Post
The obsession of "progressives" with Fox News continues to amaze me. They are so fearful and resentful that an alternative to the Democrat lickspittle 'mainstream media" exists, and has a large viewing audience.
Not everyone media outlet falls in step with the Anointed One.
Yes, we are fearful and resentful and outraged that FOX "voters" are perpetually goosestepping, forever putting ideaology of Neocons/corporatists/libertarians into power, and never ever platforms & issues for we, the American people.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:15 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Naturally your going to hate what you Fear Most, and it is quite apparent, that most insecure fear the truth of what comes out from Fox, i believe them way before i would ever believe MSNBC, cannot stand them at all, and don't trust them, my opinion only. MSNBC doesn't hold water to Fox.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:16 AM

516 posts, read 375,819 times
Welcome to ignore. Just like with MSNBC, I have no time for jingoistic fools.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:16 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Yes, we are fearful and resentful and outraged that FOX "voters" are perpetually goosestepping, forever putting ideaology of Neocons/corporatists/libertarians into power, and never ever platforms & issues for we, the American people.
Fox viewers are American voters and they ARE the American people. Just keep paying your labor corporation dues to those fat cat leaders who make more in a month than you make in a couple years and who spend their days on a golf course while you work your 40 hours.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:29 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
"ominous signs" whoaa........ This is great news, if the trend continues, in approximately 4 years msnbc will have half the viewers fox does. I am one of those people, i dont need to watch Hannity tell me what I already know, I would rather watch the androgynous ones...much to my wifes dismay.......its kind of like watching a gruesome car wreck.., it is so sickening but you cant stop watching!
Fox News is fair and balanced while the androgynous ones give, "both sides of the news" a whole new meaning. I'll stick with Fox News thank you.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:39 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Fox News is fair and balanced while the androgynous ones give, "both sides of the news" a whole new meaning. I'll stick with Fox News thank you.
Faux News purposely caters to the RW. I don't even think the majority of the channel's supporters would dispute that. So, how can that be interpreted as "fair and balanced"?..

Unless of course, you feel that "fair and balanced" means continually spinning stories so that the GOP is always shown in a positive light, while the Democrats are always cast as the villains..

That may be what you and the rest of the Faux News worshiping wingnuts want to hear, but it sure as heck isn't "fair and balanced"...

Old 09-30-2010, 09:52 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
People who watch and keep up with the news tend to be older. Most young adults are apathetic on poltical issues, instead they think about things like tattoos and celebrity gossip. I am in the minority since I have been interested in news and politics since I was a young child. I have been watching news for decades and am still around 20 years younger than the median viewer.

The younger people who are interested in news tend to get it from the internet and not TV. Fox will be just fine, they dominate the cable news ratings. Whatever dip you say they have will bounce back depending on what's going on in the news cycle. With election day near more people will watch.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:56 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Fox viewers are American voters and they ARE the American people. Just keep paying your labor corporation dues to those fat cat leaders who make more in a month than you make in a couple years and who spend their days on a golf course while you work your 40 hours.
FOX, appropriate name for sly Rupert Murdoch.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:01 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Uh oh..could we be seeing a crack in the GOP propaganda machine? Or maybe just a lot of their viewers are dying off...after all, the median age of Faux worshipers is above 60..

Fox News Viewership Plunges 21% While MSNBC Grows

Looks like Fox is still pretty dominate.

Cable News Ratings for Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies