Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 02:43 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
If I may speak up , I do notice the rich and powerful Muslims gain more favor . It would seem the poor Muslims get the biggest bomb.
Most don't notice . So do the poor Americans . We just get a different kind of WMD .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 02:45 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
What is the purpose of the thread?
To show a political fact that we could have missed if not posted . I am guessing . I am happy to know this fact TY OP .

Old 08-12-2010, 02:46 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times
Quote:

Same as all the rest of the threads . Why ?

Old 08-12-2010, 02:52 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Most don't notice . So do the poor Americans . We just get a different kind of WMD .
The poor in Atlanta are made to stand in the heat for a chance at what I would guess is 300.00 a month . I don't get to Atlanta much but we here in Jersey use the post office or download forms for government assistance .
To make the poor line up in August is a war crime.
( this went off topic sorry)

Old 08-12-2010, 02:55 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Do you really have to ask?

Old 08-12-2010, 03:27 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,975 times
I find it quite funny how everyone is ignoring what "Off Topic" is posting in this thread, showing that this isn't just Obama who is recognizing this occasion.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:29 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Our President for the second year acknowledges the start of Ramadan.

Barack Obama issues special Ramadan message

On behalf of the American people, Michelle and I want to extend our best wishes to Muslims in America and around the world. Ramadan Kareem.

Ramadan is a time when Muslims around the world reflect upon the wisdom and guidance that comes with faith, and the responsibility that human beings have to one another, and to God. This is a time when families gather, friends host iftars, and meals are shared. But Ramadan is also a time of intense devotion and reflection – a time when Muslims fast during the day and pray during the night; when Muslims provide support to others to advance opportunity and prosperity for people everywhere. For all of us must remember that the world we want to build – and the changes that we want to make – must begin in our own hearts, and our own communities.

I look forward to hosting an Iftar dinner celebrating Ramadan here at the White House later this week, and wish you a blessed month.

I think what I will do in honor of the month of Ramadan is put together some actions of our administration that shows favor to the Muslim world - and we can look on what he has done for them in lieu of what he has done for Americans.
Presidents also acknowledge the start of Hannakah, does that mean they are Jewish?

Old 08-12-2010, 03:30 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
LOL @ OP.

Bush did the same thing. Were you whining and crying then?

Thanks for the laugh.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:40 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
March 2009: Obama declares the war on terror is over. How many troops have died since then? How long did Obama stall on general's requests for more troops? How often has he talked to the military leaders? Or expressed any plans for victory?

Obama administration says goodbye to 'war on terror'

US defence department seems to confirm use of the bureaucratic phrase 'overseas contingency operations'

Just out of curiousity - how often have we heard anyone use the term 'overseas contingency operations'? Nobody?

While this was debated as a discussion of terms - in the administration, this is a mindset.

This benefits radical Muslims in an attempt in reducing an aggressive mindset in desiring U.S. victory over them.

Again - I (or whomever) will be assembling the multitude of actions, positions, etc. from the administration that favors Muslims in lieu of Americans.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:44 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I find it quite funny how everyone is ignoring what "Off Topic" is posting in this thread, showing that this isn't just Obama who is recognizing this occasion.
I am using the Ramadan story to kick off a month of looking Obama's preferential treatment towards Muslims. This is not only about that one statement.

You are correct - other presidents have done the same with regards to Ramadan. Has anyone else instructed NASA to tutor Muslims?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies