Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 10:46 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
Anyone with a half of brain would remember that slaves have not been around for a very long time and it's time to stop using it as an excuse to further the racial problems of our country!

I will repeat myself again, any racially derogatory word for ANY race should not be used by anyone of any race! If people want racial problems to go away, be proactive!
Oh lord, don't start the "get over it" train again, PLEASE!

I agree that no one should use derogatory racially-hateful words........so it baffles me why some argue they should be allowed the freedom to do so because others are doing it.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
As it was okay for centuries, for African Black tribes to violently and viciously attack and invade each other's tribes. Slaughter almost all men, women and children and enslave the few survivors to a life of sexual servitude, denegration, torture and/or endentured servitude. As well as selling many off as slaves, to the highest bidder/for the best deal possible.

Fro centuries prior to whites and after whites.

Sure. If we're going to go back in history, let's cover all the bases of accuracy and fact.
That person was discussing the Haitian disaster and the hypocrisy in how Haitian immigrants are treated. What does that have to do with African tribes/American slavery? And some like to say black people are constantly bringing up slavery!

Old 08-18-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
She is 62 years old. I would wager that if you live that long, you might make a few mistakes along the way. I wonder if you would want people to hold them against you FOREVER?

Dr. Laura was right. If a black person is going to be upset because of a word then they need to be consistent. If it's not ok for Dr. Laura to say that word then it's NOT OK for Snoop Dogg to say it either. If one is labeled racist because of it, then both should be.

There is nothing wrong with demanding fairness and consistency and as far as I can tall THAT is the point that Dr. Laura was trying to put across to the caller.

20yrsinBranson
See this is my problem.........why do some white people insist that blacks excuse use of the word even when there have been many to say they don't!! Why do you cling to this reasoning even when it's proven faulty? There are many who don't think it's okay for Snoop to use the word..........but no one wants to hear that....because it would blow the rest of your argument out the water.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:55 AM

720 posts, read 691,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Oh lord, don't start the "get over it" train again, PLEASE!

I agree that no one should use derogatory racially-hateful words........so it baffles me why some argue they should be allowed the freedom to do so because others are doing it.
UGH UGH an UGH..I am not and have not been arguing for the right to do it. I am stating, AGAIN, that if people really want equality for all, then they start with themselves...If you don't want to be called the n-word, don't use it(the you I use is a collective you)

It's kinda like the old saying if you want respect then you have to give it. If you want someone to NOT use racially derogatory words, then do not use them, and sure as hell don't complain if someone else uses it, even if their skin color doesn't match yours....

Stop using the past as an excuse to ride the bandwagon of "well it happened to my race a bazillion years ago, so I have a right to be a hypocrite"!

No on has a right to preach that people of certain races are limited in their words, and then turn around and excuse it, and be okay with it in thier race..It doesn't work that way...

The train that needs stopped is the excuses..

Old 08-18-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
See this is my problem.........why do some white people insist that blacks excuse use of the word even when there have been many to say they don't!! Why do you cling to this reasoning even when it's proven faulty? There are many who don't think it's okay for Snoop to use the word..........but no one wants to hear that....because it would blow the rest of your argument out the water.

YOU yourself have excused it. You yourself stated it was, stereotypically, okay for a black to call a black that and that white people should just realize they can't use the word. Go back and read the thread, there are many many posts just like your very first one today. The argument is over now, because we have yet one more making excuses that whats good for the goose is NOT good for the gander!

Old 08-18-2010, 10:57 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
Quote:
You said:
My question: why are you so concerned with what black comedians/entertainers/etc are saying.........because they say it, whites should be able to? Why would you even want to use such a despicable word? No, really............why?

If you can't see the difference in whites and blacks using the word, there's probably no point in continuing down this path. You won't understand my viewpoint and I certainly won't understand yours.

No you don't understand my point. You keep focusing and islolating that one aspect of my post/point and interpreting it to meet your agenda, as if it's the whole point and story. It's not. You're dumbing down what is a much more complicated issue.

The fact black comedians/entertainers/etc are saying it is merely one aspect of my more extensive and a bit more complicated point.

No where in any post have I stated that because blacks say it, whites should to. Yet, you continue to resort to that one, tunnel-vision based point.

I have stated several times, in more than one post, that is not my point at all. trying reading my initial post in this thread and read it as a whole post...a whole concept.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
That person was discussing the Haitian disaster and the hypocrisy in how Haitian immigrants are treated. What does that have to do with African tribes/American slavery? And some like to say black people are constantly bringing up slavery!
Oh really? Did you read his whole post? Here, let me help you out.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Whites have been exercising their rights since killing the Native Americans after presenting them some European diseases and being treated to some corn on the cob. If you dont understand that concept, then our conversation is over.
ChocLot, you seem to only read (and absorb) what you choose to read and absorb. You're very selective in your cherry picking.

Yet, you continue to perpetrate racist double-standards.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Oh really? Did you read his whole post? Here, let me help you out.....

ChocLot, you seem to only read (and absorb) what you choose to read and absorb. You're very selective in your cherry picking.

Yet, you continue to perpetrate racist double-standards.

Agreed...

Old 08-18-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
UGH UGH an UGH..I am not and have not been arguing for the right to do it. I am stating, AGAIN, that if people really want equality for all, then they start with themselves...If you don't want to be called the n-word, don't use it(the you I use is a collective you)

And many blacks HAVE started with themselves….the word is unacceptable in my household. Why are my feet held to the fire for what Lil Wayne and Snoop Dogg says? I have no more control over them using the “n” word than I do over whites who do the same.

Quote:
It's kinda like the old saying if you want respect then you have to give it. If you want someone to NOT use racially derogatory words, then do not use them, and sure as hell don't complain if someone else uses it, even if their skin color doesn't match yours....

And my point here is that MANY blacks DON’T use the word. But there are many that latch onto those that do to somehow show hypocrisy. I can’t control what others say.......can you not get that? Lil Wayne does not speak for black America!

Quote:
Stop using the past as an excuse to ride the bandwagon of "well it happened to my race a bazillion years ago, so I have a right to be a hypocrite"!

Where have I done this? No seriously…..where? If anything, I use the past to show the reasons behind why blacks find the word offensive. Can you seriously not see/understand that?

Quote:
No on has a right to preach that people of certain races are limited in their words, and then turn around and excuse it, and be okay with it in thier race..It doesn't work that way...

Again…who’s excusing it…………..seriously…..WHO?

Old 08-18-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:

Sorry. No offense. But you really are not keeping up with what I and justanothermanger are saying. You completely miss or elude the theme, spirit and concept of what we are saying; for what you want it to be about.

You can repeat the same nonsesne a hundred times and make the same absurd accusations 100 times. But you still fail to comprehend or address exactly what we are saying.

I don't know if you're doing it on purpose or if you're just not willing to truely read and understand.

Oh and for the record......I'm not white.

I am roughly 90% Portuguese, with a mixture of Irish, Scots, German and an african american in our gene tree.....many years ago.

So primarily, I am Portuguese which is considered hispanic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies