Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 09:11 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,420,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Rachel Maddow Show

I know you wont watch. You can lie but the truth is out there. Independents please comment.
Its commonly known that Reagan did those things. Conservatives just don't care anymore.

They left Goldwater, took the name. They left Reagan, kept the name.

I'm not even sure why they call themselves "conservatives" anymore, because they haven't been for a very long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 09:15 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,894,749 times
Quote:
Sounds like you really did some research. OK. Points taken I'll still feel that he accomplished quit a bit don't you?
yes i will admit that obama has accomplished quit a bit in his 18 months in office;

increasing the size of government by 25%

getting a health care reform law though congress that will only increase everyone premiums, and has already increased costs and regulations

getting a financial reform law through congress that will only allow the government to take over any business they deem too big to fail, and does nothing to rein in fanni mae and freddy mac

adding new taxes on everything medical starting jan 2011

alienating our allies around the world, especially britain

tripled the deficit

added $3 trillion to the national debt

made claims he knew would never happen(we have to pass this stimulus package so that unemployment will not go over 8%-remember that?)

managed to polarize the country even more than it already was.

left a trail of broken promises

Old 08-16-2010, 09:23 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,541,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
yes i will admit that obama has accomplished quit a bit in his 18 months in office;

increasing the size of government by 25%

getting a health care reform law though congress that will only increase everyone premiums, and has already increased costs and regulations
So HC was doing great. Why were all those candidates talking about it all those years then. The repubs were not going to fix it.
getting a financial reform law through congress that will only allow the government to take over any business they deem too big to fail, and does nothing to rein in fanni mae and freddy mac
What was the GOP plan for reform?
adding new taxes on everything medical starting jan 2011

alienating our allies around the world, especially britain
Not true.
tripled the deficit

added $3 trillion to the national debt
Trying to stop a depression which bush created.
made claims he knew would never happen(we have to pass this stimulus package so that unemployment will not go over 8%-remember that?)

managed to polarize the country even more than it already was.
Only the right hates everybody else. It was already polarized by rush and the boys.
left a trail of broken promises
Not done yet.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:44 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,598,040 times
Indie here...when she smiled when talking about Obama / twitter..I threw up in my mouth. Her opening remarks about Ronald Reagan are without any facts to back them up...and her remark about BO doing more than anyone since FDR to transform this Country..to a majority of Americans..is not something to brag about. FDR's raw deal did nothing but prolong the depression and was nothing but govt nanny giveaways..but BO is FDR on steroids...not exactly something that anyone should be bragging about..unless of course you want to tick them off...So I think Maddow should either grow some hair or a pair of B__lls and keep preaching to all of her 157 viewers..

Old 08-16-2010, 10:04 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,804,315 times
Quote:
Rachel Maddow Show

I know you wont watch. You can lie but the truth is out there. Independents please comment.
Just so you know, before I comment, I did watch it.

Firstly Maddow is to the left what Beck is to the right, except she, unlike Beck, doesn't agree with anything conservative even when it's right.

She cherry picked what Reagan did and spun it in a way that made it look like Obama and then >>blam<<, Reagan. This is great for show, but what she failed to include is that Reagan didn't have a choice with regards to many of those issues.

When a Presidents hands are tied by the opposing party who controls the house you can't blame that President for all of the decisions because he's forced to make concessions in order to pass other more pressing matters. Unlike Obama who has ultra control of all parts of this government and CAN be blamed for our woes, Regan didn't have that luxury. Let's also not forget that he came into a sh$%load of a mess left by Carter.

The DEMs controlled his and Bush Srs' house. Obama has had nearly 2 years in full control and it's only getting worse.

Be Honest and stop kidding yourself.

This is rediuculous to keep spinning left/right hot air. It's useless and pointless. Divided we fall! See things for what they are and stop making it a political thing. The people in control are boning all of us (left and right, black, brown and white, middle class and poor) in the most royal of ways. If this were a Republican President you'd be calling for him to be impeached and if it were a Republican House you'd be screaming for resignations by now. But it's not, so wake up and see a bad president simply for being bad and a horrible house for being horrible. It's that obvious and that simple.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:12 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,155,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I'm sorry. I tried...I can't get past her sarcastic, smarmy, side-of-the-mouth speech.

(Ooooh, alliteration!)

Can't come up with any ideas of your own about issues you don't understand...so you fall back on your pundits? Wow...sounds like those Limbaugh and Beck fans...
It takes a special kind of person to get past her sarcastic, smarmy-ness.

Apparently i'm not a special person. Her style of commentating is simply more than I can take. I refuse to stoop that low.

Maddow and Olbermann consumption speaks volumes about the Left, in my opinion.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:50 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,774,939 times
Quote:
Rachel Maddow Show

I'm not sure what the issue is.

Most of us who oppose Obama do so because of what he is doing. Not because anyone is comparing him to Reagan.

Apples and oranges.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:55 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,252,718 times
"Wont" is an obvious typo. Too bad some of the first responders to the OP aren't astute enough to grasp. This is precisely why I find it amusing when they whine that lefties call them names.

As for Rachel Maddow:

Maddow earned a degree in public policy from Stanford University in 1994. At graduation she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship. She was also the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. In 2001, she earned a Doctorate in Philosophy (DPhil) in politics from Oxford University.

Maybe she is just another in a long line of TV news hosts who aren't journalists; however, I'd put her up against Beck and Limbaugh any day of the week.

Beck's education:

Graduated high school in 1982. In 1996, while working for a New Haven-area radio station, Beck briefly attended Yale University. Beck took one theology class, "Early Christology," and then dropped out.

Rushy's education:

Because of his parents' desire to see him attend college, he enrolled in Southeast Missouri State University but left the school after two semesters and one summer. According to his mother, "he flunked everything", and "he just didn't seem interested in anything except radio."

Old 08-16-2010, 11:04 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,155,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
"Wont" is an obvious typo. Too bad some of the first responders to the OP aren't astute enough to grasp. This is precisely why I find it amusing when they whine that lefties call them names.

As for Rachel Maddow:

Maddow earned a degree in public policy from Stanford University in 1994. At graduation she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship. She was also the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. In 2001, she earned a Doctorate in Philosophy (DPhil) in politics from Oxford University.

Maybe she is just another in a long line of TV news hosts who aren't journalists; however, I'd put her up against Beck and Limbaugh any day of the week.

Beck's education:

Graduated high school in 1982. In 1996, while working for a New Haven-area radio station, Beck briefly attended Yale University. Beck took one theology class, "Early Christology," and then dropped out.

Rushy's education:

Because of his parents' desire to see him attend college, he enrolled in Southeast Missouri State University but left the school after two semesters and one summer. According to his mother, "he flunked everything", and "he just didn't seem interested in anything except radio."
Just curious....does everything in Liberal Land have to be qualified for supremacy by comparing it to the right?

It seems you guys have an Permanent Identity Crisis.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:10 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,894,749 times
Quote:
Not done yet.
you are correct, i could continue on all the things obama has done wrong, and all the problems he has caused this country, but to what end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post

As for Rachel Maddow:

Beck's education:

Rushy's education:

so in your little mind only people who have massive amounts of education are worth listening to? some of the most successful people in this country never went to college. some of the best engineers do not have college degrees. education without wisdom means nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies