Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 10:14 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,338,126 times

Advertisements

I agree, the math is fuzzy when looking at the stimulus spending and whether the cost-benefit was positive or negative. We currently have approximately 56% employment rate in our country. A healthy economy is around 70% and higher. I don't know about divvying up the $870B only amongst the employed though. Maybe amongst all adults regardless of employment status. Whatever though, it's money long since lost in the bowels of our government. I'd rather have not spent it (or borrowed it) at all in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 11:06 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,805,992 times

So, is this bad math as well? Just how much is small enough spent to justify these numbers? It would have been better to not have spent a dime.

According to Anderson Cooper the Government Accountability Office found "significant reporting and quality issues that need to be addressed."

Sounds like corruption when it comes to accounting for these astronomical sums of cash being handed out.

@whatsayyou I agree completely, rep+

Old 08-17-2010, 11:09 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,338,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

So, is this bad math as well? Just how much is small enough spent to justify these numbers? It would have been better to not have spent a dime.

According to Anderson Cooper the Government Accountability Office found "significant reporting and quality issues that need to be addressed."

Sounds like corruption when it comes to accounting for these astronomical sums of cash being handed out.
They are frantically trying to find a way to discount data from the BoLS as I type. I'm sure they'll simply resort to their tried and true tactic of "Blame Bush!".

Old 08-18-2010, 07:54 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,774,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

@whatsayyou I agree completely, rep+
Saying the stimulus did not work well (which your chart shows) and saying each job costs 5 million dollars are completely different arguements.

I agree the stimulus was framed badly. However, I was pointing out your 5 million a job figure is grossly off. My second point is if you want to have a compelling arguement, don't be so inaccurate (as it screams bias or ignorance).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies