Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 04:31 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,891,276 times

Advertisements

There is another tread asking if the WH is afraid of Glenn Beck. By reading the comments from the left in this thread, it's quite obvious that many more people than the one's who are currently infecting the WH are frightened to death by Glenn..!
Keep up your ridiculous comments, lefties, it shows how narrow minded and fearful you all are... The more you talk, the more transparent you become, almost as transparent as Obama promised to be...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 04:34 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,107,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I remember those days well. That was when Southern Dems were just as racist as the Southern Repubs and there were actually some Repubs in Wash that would work for the benefit of the American people in general, not just the select few.
Woodrow Wilson and Roosevelt are now "southern dems"; were you a revisionist history major? lol

Old 08-20-2010, 04:34 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,203,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
There is another tread asking if the WH is afraid of Glenn Beck. By reading the comments from the left in this thread, it's quite obvious that many more people than the one's who are currently infecting the WH are frightened to death by Glenn..!
Keep up your ridiculous comments, lefties, it shows how narrow minded and fearful you all are... The more you talk, the more transparent you become, almost as transparent as Obama promised to be...
Oh noes is Bush back?

Old 08-20-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Hey, I was right. The first 'black' cabinet member was Mr. Weaver, appointed by President Johnson. He is dead, now. Here is his obituary by the New York Times:

Robert C. Weaver, 89, First Black Cabinet Member, Dies - Obituary; Biography - NYTimes.com
I may have misspoken, I apologize. Beck said something to the effect that the first black appointee was by a republican. If someone who saw it can clarify it, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Old 08-20-2010, 04:36 PM

22,197 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.A.P View Post
I just watched the same thing and also foung it to be throughly fascinating and very informing. The reason is because liberals ike to call republicans racist when the originaly racism came fron the democratic party. Like the KKK the founding fathers of that group were democrats. Also I hope that Obama is afraid of Glenn Beck for he speaks the truth.
Yes, and they were generally SOUTHERN CONSERVATIVES. The Democratic Party from that time is quite different from the Democratic Party of today. Two very distinct wings of the party existed during that time, the northern liberal wing and the southern conservative wing.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Yes. As Mark Twain would say "Never let facts get in the way of a good story".

I imagine that Mr. Beck wrote his facts on a chalkboard, which impresses a lot of people ("Hey! Look, he wrote it on a chalkboard, just like my teacher used to!").
Why so snide? It's really unattractive.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:39 PM

736 posts, read 525,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
My how times have changed....
Ha ha aren't you so funny. Did you know some people voted for Obama just because he was black. Now you tell me what do you call that. Is it called racism against white people no. But why not, the reason is because you liberals have a bouble standard on racism and what you thnk racism is.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Oh noes is Bush back?
You mean the Bush that had far and away the most devirsifed cabinet in American history, or the Bush that gave more aid to Africa than any other POTUS in history, that Bush? P.S. You to chose option B. Deflect

Old 08-20-2010, 04:41 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,436,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.A.P View Post
I just watched the same thing and also foung it to be throughly fascinating and very informing. The reason is because liberals ike to call republicans racist when the originaly racism came fron the democratic party. Like the KKK the founding fathers of that group were democrats. Also I hope that Obama is afraid of Glenn Beck for he speaks the truth.
I see...so did Beck then go on and teach how things were changed by Nixon's Southern Strategy?

Old 08-20-2010, 04:42 PM

13,697 posts, read 9,021,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Why so snide? It's really unattractive.
I was not shooting for 'snide' and I'm sorry if it came across that way.

However, my brother-in-law keeps spouting 'facts' he learned from Mr. Beck, to my utter chagrin. Some are facts, some are not. Yet said brother-in-law (a 'tea party' person whom has been on disability for 15 years for depression, will likely never be OFF disability due to his age, and who has no trouble rebuilding his house and generally doing what he wants) will only watch Mr. Beck and other Fox news, scorning my suggestions that he read articles, congressional bills, etc.

Sorry, but for a moment you were he in my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies