Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 12:33 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times

Advertisements

if i understand the tea baggers they dont want big government. a valid desire considering our excessive federal spending. i think the teacher acted in an unethical and dishonest way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 01:45 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,479,903 times
Quote:
Originally posted by summers73
Eliminating progressive teachers, eliminating progressive politicians. Win-win!
"eliminating" people from an given occupation because of personal beliefs...don't think I like that.

However, this teacher was very inappropriate. People who work with children should not be dressing like Hitler.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
That fact he had full Hitler dress, says a lot about the guy.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:09 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Somehow, I don't think you have kids in school. None of that is being taught anywhere that I know of.
Sex Ed for Kindergarteners 'Right Thing to Do,' Says Obama

Sex Ed for Kindergarteners 'Right Thing to Do,' Says Obama - Political Radar

On March 25, 2000, GLSEN put on a conference called "TeachOut" for kids across and public school teachers across Massachusetts.
Students as young as 12 given graphic instruction in bizarre homosexual sex acts by state employees (and we were there to record it for the world)

The "Fistgate" incident

Then there is the school that helped the kid get an abortion without the parents knowing.

I dont believe I need to give you a link for the wanting to teach 2nd graders sex ed since that link was posted on here.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Sex Ed for Kindergarteners 'Right Thing to Do,' Says Obama

Sex Ed for Kindergarteners 'Right Thing to Do,' Says Obama - Political Radar

On March 25, 2000, GLSEN put on a conference called "TeachOut" for kids across and public school teachers across Massachusetts.
Students as young as 12 given graphic instruction in bizarre homosexual sex acts by state employees (and we were there to record it for the world)

The "Fistgate" incident

Then there is the school that helped the kid get an abortion without the parents knowing.

I dont believe I need to give you a link for the wanting to teach 2nd graders sex ed since that link was posted on here.
If you look at the curricula for the early grades, they talk about stuff like not letting people touch you inappropriately, etc.

Here is a quote from your own link about Obama's stance on sex ed for kindergartners:

'Nobody's suggesting that kindergartners are going to be getting information about sex in the way that we think about it,' Obama said. 'If they ask a teacher 'where do babies come from,' that providing information that the fact is that it's not a stork is probably not an unhealthy thing. Although again, that's going to be determined on a case by case basis by local communities and local school boards.'"

In addition to local schools informing kindergarteners that babies do not come from the stork, the state legislation Obama supported in Illinois, which contained an "opt out" provision for parents, also envisioned teaching kindergarteners about "inappropriate touching," according to Obama's presidential campaign.

The "fisting" story did not involve 2nd graders as was claimed, and I'd like to see some corroboration of that story before I bought it hook, line and sinker.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:28 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Eliminating progressive teachers, eliminating progressive politicians. Win-win!
summers73 !!! ... Absolutely Correct !

Perhaps many more of these unfortunate simpletons will beeeeach and whine themselves completely into obscurity for the long term !

Good Show ! Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 08-23-2010, 06:32 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
It's the peoples' responsibility to keep tabs on this guy. Any time he gets a new teaching gig, just inform the administrative staff and school board of his shady history and usage of school property for political posturing.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:36 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
How can one talk about the tea party and avoid talking trash?

Old 08-24-2010, 04:49 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If you look at the curricula for the early grades, they talk about stuff like not letting people touch you inappropriately, etc.

Here is a quote from your own link about Obama's stance on sex ed for kindergartners:

'Nobody's suggesting that kindergartners are going to be getting information about sex in the way that we think about it,' Obama said. 'If they ask a teacher 'where do babies come from,' that providing information that the fact is that it's not a stork is probably not an unhealthy thing. Although again, that's going to be determined on a case by case basis by local communities and local school boards.'"

In addition to local schools informing kindergarteners that babies do not come from the stork, the state legislation Obama supported in Illinois, which contained an "opt out" provision for parents, also envisioned teaching kindergarteners about "inappropriate touching," according to Obama's presidential campaign.

The "fisting" story did not involve 2nd graders as was claimed, and I'd like to see some corroboration of that story before I bought it hook, line and sinker.
You said you didnt know of these type of things happening. Well now you do. You can make all the excuses in the world but they exist and real. So yes maybe we do need some sort of political testing and that they keep their political idealism out of the class room and if a parent wants to teach their 2nd grader about sex ed or their teenager about fisting thats on them.

The school room should be to teach the basics not be a parent

I never claimed the fisting involved 2nd graders. I said there is a state that recently wants to teach sex ed to 2nd graders.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
You said you didnt know of these type of things happening. Well now you do. You can make all the excuses in the world but they exist and real. So yes maybe we do need some sort of political testing and that they keep their political idealism out of the class room and if a parent wants to teach their 2nd grader about sex ed or their teenager about fisting thats on them.

The school room should be to teach the basics not be a parent

I never claimed the fisting involved 2nd graders. I said there is a state that recently wants to teach sex ed to 2nd graders.
"Sex Ed" to 2nd graders means talking about "where do babies come from", something commonly asked at that age, and inappropriate touch. It does not mean teaching 2nd graders how to have sex, no matter what you want to believe. It's a part of health education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies