Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 11:27 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times

Advertisements

What a convenient story! If it's true then it's a shame, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was a ruse set up by a mosque sympathizer. As someone already pointed out, it's very difficult to stab a cab driver in NYC with the glass window separating the driver from the passenger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 11:30 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
If this case is authentic, the perpetrator might be the parent of a soldier, who died in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:31 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Read the OP:

So a deranged man stabs a guy. And he's not just a crazy person. Oh no. He can't possibly be a nut with no connections to other Americans. He's a "product" of some sort. The clear implication is that he's a product of our racist, horrible society that promotes hatred against Muslims.

Islamophobia is nothing more than a word intended to silence reasonable criticism (and well deserved!) of Islam. I'm sick of it.
Are you saying it doesn't exist?
The attacker asked him if he was muslim before he attacked him.

Would he attack the driver had he not been muslim?
If so, then why did he ask?

Old 08-25-2010, 11:34 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,842,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
All you've got to do is read this board...you'll find all sorts of examples of an irrational fear of Muslims. Most of it fermented and firmly rooted in the worship of Faux News.
I guess you should know as you are one of the angriest posters on this board. In fact very few people start as many threads as you do.

Unhinged is a word that immediately comes to mind.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:34 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
If this case is authentic, the perpetrator might be the parent of a soldier, who died in Iraq or Afghanistan.
Is this your excuse for the attack?
Perhaps the driver had family in the middle east that was killed or raped by an american soldier.

What's your point?

Old 08-25-2010, 11:35 AM

720 posts, read 691,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Do you have proof of this assertion, SOLID proof that this man asked the driver. No all you have is hearsay! All you have is the allegation.

Now if it true, then this bastard needs prosecuted to the full extent, no ifs and or buts. But until it's proven all you have is hearsay!

Old 08-25-2010, 11:38 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Are you saying it doesn't exist?

Would he attack the driver had he not been muslim?
If so, then why did he ask?
The guy's crazy. Someone who stabs someone else is inherently either evil or crazy.

How is that a reflection of anything but the fact that he's crazy and just a bad person? Was the Fort Hood lunatic a reflection of anything but the fact that he was crazy? And if the broader point is that the Fort Hood attacker was in fact reacting to an allegedly deeply racist American society well then shouldn't Muslims equally look inside their hearts and wonder if their own highly bigoted societies aren't equally somehow to blame for his actions?

As for term Islamophobia well are you arguing that people have no right to dislike an ideology? Because that's what Islam ultimately is: an ideology. I can't say I like it all that much.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:39 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
Don't mind certain people, they are unable to accept opinions rather they want facts to twist and distort!

I tried to rep you but was unable to, so here is your rep about double standards!
I'll rep you for wanting to rep Eleanora. Good posts!!

Old 08-25-2010, 11:39 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
My point is simple.

The Islamic community and their knee jerk apologists argue the following:

No Muslim can ever be held accountable for the actions of other Muslims.

All non-Muslims, however, can be held accountable for the actions of other non-Muslims particularly when it comes to actions that the Islamic community dislikes.
No person can be held accountable for the actions of other persons.

That's not a Muslim argument. That's a fundamental principle of the American justice system. The only exceptions are in the case of guardians who have assumed responsibility for the actions of their charges. What you are arguing is that because they are Muslim, this fundamental principle should not apply to them.

And I'd like to see where Muslims argue that all non-Muslims should be held accountable for the actions of other non-Muslims. Could you find something to support your assertion?

Old 08-25-2010, 11:40 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times
Quote:
The guy's crazy. Someone who stabs someone else is inherently either evil or crazy.

How is that a reflection of anything but the fact that he's crazy and just a bad person? Was the Fort Hood lunatic a reflection of anything but the fact that he was crazy? And if the broader point is that the Fort Hood attacker was in fact reacting to an allegedly deeply racist American society well then shouldn't Muslims equally look inside their hearts and wonder if their own highly bigoted societies aren't equally somehow to blame for his actions?

As for term Islamophobia well are you arguing that people have no right to dislike an ideology? Because that's what Islam ultimately is: an ideology. I can't say I like it all that much.
That's what Eric Holder was getting at - the guy was just stressed out! Whatever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies