Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 07:52 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,809,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by independentsucka View Post
curious. I'm an agnostic, so I don't really care, but I'm just wondering. is it because being tolerant of "other" religions is considered liberal? is it because it's known as "christian" conservative in this country?
I'm not an atheist, so can't say but two of my friends are and they both come from Christian families. One of them was raised to be a preacher. I just showed him this thread and his response was... the question is like, why do people beat up on Piñatas?

He just may have a point. One of the biggest reasons is that Christians (the loud ones) couldn't be further from being what they claim to be. They are full of deceit, selfishness and polar opposite of Jesus' preachings. Heck, even my church acknowledged this major shortcoming among Christians.

But then, you could ask... but why Christians? Isn't this applicable to other religions as well? I would say... you bet. But, Christianity being the major religion (ignoring the dysfunctional family it is within itself, which itself is laughable), it is easy target with a greater number of hypocrites around. So, for atheists in America, they are bound to take the attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 08:06 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,181,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Low hanging fruit. In my humble opinion they're the most removed from their teacher. In this case Jesus. I can't recognize Christians by their actions, they're so Un-Christlike.
This would have to be the number one reason that christians are "attacked". One poster mentioned that christians are the polar opposite of Jesus teachings. How true.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:10 PM

785 posts, read 619,088 times
Quote:
curious. I'm an agnostic, so I don't really care, but I'm just wondering. is it because being tolerant of "other" religions is considered liberal? is it because it's known as "christian" conservative in this country?
Because they are hypocrites and cowards. They are conditioned to not like mainstream western ideals and institutions. They are too cowardly to criticize...oh, say, MUSLIMS, for PURE HOMOPHOBIA.

So, they carry on within double standards, criticizing Christians for things like homophobia, whereas the homophobia and general intolerance are FAR worse in the Islamic world.

Liberals know it too.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:
I make fun of most religions...they're all pretty stupid and make people do stupid things.

Christians stand out though because they're the most arrogant , pompous, PUSHY, judgemental, and hypocritical...and hate everyone who isn't one of them.

Now, tell me why chistians attack atheists???

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 08-27-2010 at 08:27 PM..

Old 08-27-2010, 08:21 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,809,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Now, tell me why chrsitians attack atheists???
Or, for that matter, other religions (and especially Islam, now in America).

Old 08-27-2010, 08:28 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,914,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
This would have to be the number one reason that christians are "attacked". One poster mentioned that christians are the polar opposite of Jesus teachings. How true.
This is the real reason, IMO. There's so many hypocritical Christians out there, that they're so easy to attack. Well that, and that Christianity is the most common religion here in the US, so we're so used to the hypocrisy.

Jesus would be turning in his grave if he found out what kind of people call themselves Christians.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:32 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,181,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
This is the real reason, IMO. There's so many hypocritical Christians out there, that they're so easy to attack. Well that, and that Christianity is the most common religion here in the US, so we're so used to the hypocrisy.

Jesus would be turning in his grave if he found out what kind of people call themselves Christians.
Agreed. Not long ago I started a thread with that thought in mind.
The thread, entitled "The One Thing Christians Will Not Do". As expected hardly any christians posted, and the few that did play word games.

785 posts, read 619,088 times
Quote:

So, following your logic, and to call you on it... as there are an ever increasing number of Muslims in this country, that you will be HEAVILY CRITICIZING THEM, as they are often MORE HOMOPHOBIC, MISOGNYSTIC, etc, than Christians?

Quote:

Actually, I think Jesus supposedly left his grave....

Old 08-27-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
So, following your logic, and to call you on it... as there are an ever increasing number of Muslims in this country, that you will be HEAVILY CRITICIZING THEM, as they are often MORE HOMOPHOBIC, MISOGNYSTIC, etc, than Christians?
Glad to see SOMEONE admit christians are homophobic and misogynistic !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies